A10 Schedule Drop Today 9/07

Taj79

Ditto on Chicago. If wifey can move around a shift or 2 at the hospital, we may wing it.

Did get to sit courtside once back in the day vs Depaul. Marquis Perry stole the ball on DP last possession, then drove the court to put it in for the win! Ball seemed to hang on the rim forever before going in.

One of most exciting games I’ve seen in person. Scored ‘right in front of us’

mhg

Box and Won and cgeldmacher like this

The weekday Chicago game is not so bad.  I will be there.  Dayton on Friday is great.  I haven't been to a game at Dayton in years.  Lots of SLU fans should be able to take an early weekend and get out there.

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Really frustrated with the lack of weekend away games which kills the potential for Billiken road trips for me. Although maybe that works out for the best and we can all make up for it with some March trips! Looks like most of our home games are Friday or Saturday, so at least that should be good for our attendance numbers. Some of those mid week games can be a bit sparse, but I’m only seeing three.

Check out the opener at St. Joseph’s.  Philadelphia is a great place to spend New Year’s.  You can grab a beer (or two) at Monk’s Cafe, which has been named in the past as one of the five best places in the country (If not the world) to have a beer.  Watch the Bills stomp the Joeys, and then view the Mummer’s Parade (don’t forget your flask) on New Year’s Day.  Enjoy!

Where is the annual cgeldemacher trip going to be?

Looks like I got 'for sures' to Maryland and the second game, St. Joe's, George Washington and Dayton.  Up in the air on Iona, Fordham and Richmond.  Have some free Southwest tickets .... thinking of saving those for the First Round location this year.  I can drive to Greensboro, Albany and Columbus  but will require flights if they go elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Where is the annual cgeldemacher trip going to be?

Looks like I got 'for sures' to Maryland and the second game, St. Joe's, George Washington and Dayton.  Up in the air on Iona, Fordham and Richmond.  Have some free Southwest tickets .... thinking of saving those for the First Round location this year.  I can drive to Greensboro, Albany and Columbus  but will require flights if they go elsewhere.

Looks like it will be February 10 at Dayton.  Don't like that since we've done that 3 times already, but I had conflicts with the other two options which were GW and Davidson.

@majerus mojoI added this prediction from the A10 Talks article.  A Home L to George Mason, interesting.

Schedule Prediction:

12/31 @ Saint Joseph’s (W)

1/4 @ UMass (W)

1/7 vs St Bonaventure (W)

1/11 vs George Mason (L)

1/14 @ George Washington (W)

1/18 @ Loyola Chicago (L)

1/21 vs La Salle (W)

1/27 @ Davidson (L)

1/31 @ Fordham (W)

2/3 vs VCU (W)

2/7 vs Rhode Island (W)

2/10 @ Dayton (L)

2/15 vs Davidson (W)

2/18 vs Duquesne (W)

2/21 @ Richmond (W)

2/25 vs Loyola Chicago (W)

2/28 @ VCU (L)

3/3 vs Dayton (W)

Record: 13-5

10 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Has anyone been to a road game at Davidson?  I have several questions like 1. how hard is it to get tickets? 2. best to stay in Charlotte or Lake Norman area?  3. how hard is it to get to the game from Charlotte?

I never went to games, but visited a buddy who went to school there a few times. 

The area around there is very spread out when it comes to restaurants or bars.  If it was me, I'd stay in Charlotte because I love drinking 😃

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Has anyone been to a road game at Davidson?  I have several questions like 1. how hard is it to get tickets? 2. best to stay in Charlotte or Lake Norman area?  3. how hard is it to get to the game from Charlotte?

Never been to a game but I am familiar with the area. I’d stay 10 miles up the road in Mooresville.  Some of the NASCAR teams have their HQ there and there are loads of hotels, restaurants and bars. One of my favorite BBQ joints is there, Lancasters. 
The campus is relatively small and easy to get around. 

5 hours ago, wgstl said:

I never went to games, but visited a buddy who went to school there a few times. 

The area around there is very spread out when it comes to restaurants or bars.  If it was me, I'd stay in Charlotte because I love drinking 😃

5 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I’ve been twice. Tickets can be had thru Davidson’s athletic site, Never a problem. It’s located in Davidson, NC. Small town quaint and nice. Restaurants are good but pricey. Charlotte is about 15 miles away. It’s where I stay. Although Davidson has motels. It’s right off of 77. Lots of choices. Belk is nice, I’d guess it seats 7k. Not near the Fetz standard but way better than a lot of A10 venues. The only problem I’ve ever had there is they kick our ass. Davidson fans are very nice. Billiken Bill can add his comments.