Early season prediction thread

bauman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to wait and see the conference schedule.. that said.

W Murray

W Evansville

W Memphis

W Maryland

L Miami

L Auburn

W Tenn state

W SIU

W Iona

W Boise

W Drake

W SIUe

W Dukes

W Mason

W Lasalle

W Rhody

W bonnies

W Davidson

W @ Davidson

W UD

L @ UD

W Loyola

W @ Loyola

L Vcu

L @ vcu

W @ Fordham

W @ GW

L @ Umass

W @ Richmond

W @ SJU

24-6(A10 14-4)

I really want to think we beat VCU at home, but I have a feeling we drop one at home, and it would be to vcu

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

If we lose to Memphis/Maryland/Auburn in that two week stretch in November, there will be MBMs jumping from the Cold Water Creek bridge!

But, it would mean we also beat Providence to break it up..

Ford: We have the best PG in the country

Jimerson hits 5& 3’s in a row

Franco’s a 4 star recruit who came on strong last year 

Thatch is a mini JGood 

Pickett is a mini Bess

Perkins a scoring machine

Parker’s a star rising

we have backups at the big and 3 decent FR 

at least should be 25-5. 

Crewsorlose likes this

It's a tougher than normal schedule, but 23-7 likely doesn't put us in the top 25 (NCAA at-large, yes, but not top 25). I think this is a top 25 caliber team so I'm going with 25-5. Top 25 teams win more than their fair share of "toss-up games"

7 hours ago, kshoe said:

It's a tougher than normal schedule

Yeah but this is probably why 23-7 and a good conference record gets us an at-large assuming we don't beat up on each other and the Bills finish top 2 in the conference.

7 hours ago, kshoe said:

It's a tougher than normal schedule, but 23-7 likely doesn't put us in the top 25 (NCAA at-large, yes, but not top 25). I think this is a top 25 caliber team so I'm going with 25-5. Top 25 teams win more than their fair share of "toss-up games"

Underseeded mid-majors are usually the ones that make a run in the tournament.  Unless you're a top 4 seed, there's really no advantage in being ranked.

billiken_roy likes this

Usually I'm very pragmatic with my predictions but this should be an historic season.

We have never had a scoring duo like this since Clagg & Highmark and I think Perkins and Jimerson are better. We have the best PG, not in the conference, but in the nation, yes yes. An all conference center and at least 2 guys coming off the bench that would start for every other team in the league.

13-1 non conference 

16-2 conference 

29-3 overall and a 3 seed in the NCAAs.

Adman, SShoe, drkelsey55 and 4 others like this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Underseeded mid-majors are usually the ones that make a run in the tournament.  Unless you're a top 4 seed, there's really no advantage in being ranked.

i've always believed the "Top 25" is b.s.  far too many over ranked over hyped BCS schools that the truth is they live off the conference they are in and reap the benefits of the true great teams in their conference to get their undeserved kudos.   

when we see ranked teams getting upset in the tourney, in most cases i believe it isnt an upset as much as it is the above.

why reasoning for 6 losses - even though this is a historically good team is due to these reasons.

1) those early season games are not only challenging, but Perkins may not be up to speed yet, along with Parker. 

2) its a legit schedule. You can still be really fricking good, and lose to a team like Miami or Auburn, heck even Memphis. 

3) Big coach ford guy, but he always has a game - or a few - that is very questionable. 

4) winning on the road has not been a strength of Fords

5) I really think Umass on the road will be very hard, along with @VCU and @ UD. Also the curse of Belk. 

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Usually I'm very pragmatic with my predictions but this should be an historic season.

We have never had a scoring duo like this since Clagg & Highmark and I think Perkins and Jimerson are better. We have the best PG, not in the conference, but in the nation, yes yes. An all conference center and at least 2 guys coming off the bench that would start for every other team in the league.

13-1 non conference 

16-2 conference 

29-3 overall and a 3 seed in the NCAAs.

-from your keyboard to reality

wg, we have the same 4, A-10 losses.  I agree with your number 1, 3 and 4 but not so much with the schedule being so difficult (2).  I see only 4 challenging games, Memphis, @Auburn, Maryland and whichever we play of the Miami/Providence duo.  Boise St. is supposed to be down this year and I can't call our MVC games as tough.  If we are as good as we think or hope then we should be able to beat any Valley teams, especially at Chafitz.  One game on the difficult/non-difficult bubble is @ Iona.  

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

wg, we have the same 4, A-10 losses.  I agree with your number 1, 3 and 4 but not so much with the schedule being so difficult (2).  I see only 4 challenging games, Memphis, @Auburn, Maryland and whichever we play of the Miami/Providence duo.  Boise St. is supposed to be down this year and I can't call our MVC games as tough.  If we are as good as we think or hope then we should be able to beat any Valley teams, especially at Chafitz.  One game on the difficult/non-difficult bubble is @ Iona.  

Yes, only four-ish challenging games, and I think we could lose a few of those and still be a great team. That was more of less my point.  Also in regards to challenging schedule, it wasn't just for the OOC, conference schedule is much harder.