Sweet 16...Buy Or Sell?

mrjoelabs

I just want them to make the Tourney.  A mid-major needs to win their Conference Tourney or have one heck of a winning record to get an at-large bid.  So talking about Sweet 16 is way premature.  As a mid-major, lose 5 or 6 games and getting in the Tourney will be tough.  So a few unlucky breaks leading to loses and even a great Billiken team doesn't get selected.  Sucks, but that is the life of a mid-major.  I'll talk Sweet 16 if they get a bid.

cgeldmacher and Old guy like this

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I just want them to make the Tourney.  A mid-major needs to win their Conference Tourney or have one heck of a winning record to get an at-large bid.  So talking about Sweet 16 is way premature.  As a mid-major, lose 5 or 6 games and getting in the Tourney will be tough.  So a few unlucky breaks leading to loses and even a great Billiken team doesn't get selected.  Sucks, but that is the life of a mid-major.  I'll talk Sweet 16 if they get a bid.

If the Bills lose 5 or 6 games there is absolutely no way they are left out of the tournament.

Fraz and TheChosenOne like this

16 minutes ago, dlarry said:

If the Bills lose 5 or 6 games there is absolutely no way they are left out of the tournament.

Lose both games to Dayton and the lose the key out of conference games ...... Memphis, Maryland, Auburn and the Miami/Providence game and yes, good chance they are not in the Tourney IMO.  It would be a high win team with no high level wins.  

4 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Lose both games to Dayton and the lose the key out of conference games ...... Memphis, Maryland, Auburn and the Miami/Providence game and yes, good chance they are not in the Tourney IMO.  It would be a high win team with no high level wins.  

Lose both Dayton games and then 3 or 4 of the big non-con games means 

they still go 16-2 in conference. 

An A10 team that goes 16-2 will make the tournament 100 percent of the time. 

TheChosenOne likes this

12 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Lose both Dayton games and then 3 or 4 of the big non-con games means 

they still go 16-2 in conference. 

An A10 team that goes 16-2 will make the tournament 100 percent of the time. 

Lol exactly.  I’d actually love that scenario 

4 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

If this team doesn’t get a bid, Ford will have some explaining to do

CBFan likes this

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Hit the nail squarely on the head!

Aren’t you the prick that doesn’t watch the games, but then comes on here for 20 fire ford post immediately after the game? Let me fill you in, nobody is happy with Ford and none of us are happy with the where the program sits. You telling us how you feel about it every 5 minutes is annoying from a vols fan. What a loser. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, JMM28 said:

Talent is there. Unfortunately there is a 25 year track record that says Travis Ford isn't going to the Sweet 16 even when the talent is there.

What a smart fella you are!

10 minutes ago, DOC said:

We weren’t talented enough, as you thought, to reach the sweet 16, which makes you as dumb as everyone else. 

Impossible we weren’t talented enough. Ford is the greatest recruiter to ever run the program.  These kind of attacks on Ford from you can’t be tolerated.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Impossible we weren’t talented enough. Ford is the greatest recruiter to ever run the program.  These kind of attacks on Ford from you can’t be tolerated.

We weren’t talented enough. Putting the blame on Ford for this is fine by me. He didn’t put a team together that could stop anybody. That’s on him. But to think we could get to the sweet 16 with this team was foolish.