Welcome, Daniel Rivera!

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

"Respect your elders" is a default, sort of like innocent until proven guilty.  We learned as a society over millennia that it makes sense to extend a certain amount of grace to people who have lived a long time.  However that courtesy has a limit.  People who abuse it eventually lose that privilege.

It’s disappointing that fans of a Christian university never learned where the practice of respecting our elders came from. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all people deserve a basic modicum of respect as humans. old people don't deserve any more or any less. as for old guy.......... he honestly scared me with some of the unhinged drivel he posted about me a couple years ago to the point where I don't feel comfortable on this board anymore. that's OK, though, this is the internet and I don't get to say who gets to post

Having said that I feel he is perfectly capable of defending himself (I mean, look at those credentials!) and am not sure why people are white knighting for him. 

49 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

all people deserve a basic modicum of respect as humans. old people don't deserve any more or any less. as for old guy.......... he honestly scared me with some of the unhinged drivel he posted about me a couple years ago to the point where I don't feel comfortable on this board anymore. that's OK, though, this is the internet and I don't get to say who gets to post

Having said that I feel he is perfectly capable of defending himself (I mean, look at those credentials!) and am not sure why people are white knighting for him. 

i agree everyone deserves respect, why then is it ok to single out poster with disrespect. I had a lot of prisoners as patients, some were murderers. i treated them with the same dignity as all my other patients. rather than shoot barbs, just ignore the ones you dont like. it is easy. maybe they dont have enough years behind them to understand. with God's grace they might live a long life and understand

i would white knight for you if i felt you were unfairly treated, 

rgbilliken likes this

56 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

It’s disappointing that fans of a Christian university never learned where the practice of respecting our elders came from. 

Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Rupert Murdoch, John Dean, Dick Chaney, James Clapper, Mitch McConnell, Pat Leahy, Bill Clinton, George W Bush. Hillary Clinton...........Names across the political spectrum and all are my elders.........none of them are worthy of my respect.  I'm not saying don't treat them if you are an ER doc but I could fill hundreds of pages of old bastards that do not deserve anything like respect..... 

Rivera sounds like an interesting player.  Was listed as a guard when he was in high school.  Seems he added a couple of inches since then, if his height is a legitimate 6'7".  Should have real good ball handling skills for a forward.  Might even be able to play some off guard.  The stats I saw showed a good FG shooting percent but a poor 3 point shooting percent (but on a limited number of shots).  Hope that means he has a good mid-range game.  Will be interesting to see his development in his 2nd JC year.  Here's hoping he "blows up" after signing this Fall.

BuiltFordBills likes this

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

The problem is you equate respect with only those who agree with you…. 

That's an unfair assumption that you're using only to justify your argument. You want that to be true because it would strengthen your argument, but it isn't, and actually works toward my argument - if you knew I was older than you would you be disagreeing with me? 

5 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Will be interesting to see his development in his 2nd JC year.  Here's hoping he "blows up" after signing this Fall.

He's joining SLU for this season. 

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Rivera sounds like an interesting player.  Was listed as a guard when he was in high school.  Seems he added a couple of inches since then, if his height is a legitimate 6'7".  Should have real good ball handling skills for a forward.  Might even be able to play some off guard.  The stats I saw showed a good FG shooting percent but a poor 3 point shooting percent (but on a limited number of shots).  Hope that means he has a goid mid-range game.  Will be interesting to see his development in his 2nd JC year.  Here's hoping he "blows up" after signing this Fall.

When he first came on @Pistol's radar he was listed at 6'4" and ~180 pounds, he's definitely grown a lot. 

2nd JC year? He's playing for SLU this fall. 

11 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

That's an unfair assumption that you're using only to justify your argument. You want that to be true because it would strengthen your argument, but it isn't, and actually works toward my argument - if you knew I was older than you would you be disagreeing with me? 

Disagreeing is not the same as disrespect 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Stu has said he’s joining this year. 

It is an interesting choice Rivera had to make.

Is it better for him developmentally to get playing time at JuCo or to some to SLU to get a head start on learning the system working with coaches, etc., but likely ride the pine this year?

I think he probably made the right call assuming he can stay motivated / work hard without the incentive / measuring stick of game action.

12 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Is it better for him developmentally to get playing time at JuCo or to some to SLU to get a head start on learning the system working with coaches, etc., but likely ride the pine this year?

I think he probably made the right call assuming he can stay motivated / work hard without the incentive / measuring stick of game action.

Wow, what a squad.  13 talented players plus a 3 star walk on (Hughes)  who was offered by at least a couple Power Conference teams.  Dang, deep everywhere but PG.

thetorch likes this

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Rupert Murdoch, John Dean, Dick Chaney, James Clapper, Mitch McConnell, Pat Leahy, Bill Clinton, George W Bush. Hillary Clinton...........Names across the political spectrum and all are my elders.........none of them are worthy of my respect.  I'm not saying don't treat them if you are an ER doc but I could fill hundreds of pages of old bastards that do not deserve anything like respect..... 

Like I said, you don’t understand where the command to respect comes from, or you know and just don’t care…. Old Guy isn’t disrespecting anyone, he just gives his thoughts, yet many use this an excuse to mock and ridicule him personally, which is wrong and frankly childish… it’s amazing that there would even be a discussion about common decency….

Old guy and HenryB like this

20 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Like I said, you don’t understand where the command to respect comes from, or you know and just don’t care…. Old Guy isn’t disrespecting anyone, he just gives his thoughts, yet many use this an excuse to mock and ridicule him personally, which is wrong and frankly childish… it’s amazing that there would even be a discussion about common decency….

Agree to disagree......

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Thank you BigBillFan. All of these people want total and absolute agreement with whatever kind of imbecility they decide to support. Oh yes,  the Bills are ready to go to Sweet 16. It is August for goodness sake! A lot of water has to go under the bridge before we can even think this is possible. That does NOT mean I think we have a bad or incapable team, it just means that very good teams can and do get crunched during the season before March arrives.

Take the discussion about sources for NIL money. Has anyone considered the fact that we are entering a major recession? You do not have to take my word for it, just check what Ray Dalio was saying yesterday. I assume they probably do not know or care who Ray Dalio is. Just google it if you want to find out, or else feel free to continue believing whatever it is you believe.

One positive thing can be said about Billiken Rich post is that he is not politically biased in his likes or dislikes. The right and the left are equally non worthy of his respect. Bundling Donald Trump and George Bush together with Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton under the title of "old bastards," is kind of an achievement in political nihilism and a public declaration of what he (Billiken Rich) really is. No further comment is required.

dennis_w likes this

13 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Thank you BigBillFan. All of these people want total and absolute agreement with whatever kind of imbecility they decide to support. Oh yes,  the Bills are ready to go to Sweet 16. It is August for goodness sake! A lot of water has to go under the bridge before we can even think this is possible. That does NOT mean I think we have a bad or incapable team, it just means that very good teams can and do get crunched during the season before March arrives.

Take the discussion about sources for NIL money. Has anyone considered the fact that we are entering a major recession? You do not have to take my word for it, just check what Ray Dalio was saying yesterday. I assume they probably do not know or care who Ray Dalio is. Just google it if you want to find out, or else feel free to continue believing whatever it is you believe.

One positive thing can be said about Billiken Rich post is that he is not politically biased in his likes or dislikes. The right and the left are equally non worthy of his respect. Bundling Donald Trump and George Bush together with Bernie Sanders and Hilary Clinton under the title of "old bastards," is kind of an achievement in political nihilism and a public declaration of what he (Billiken Rich) really is. No further comment is required.

Major Recession? That's pretty much an outlier statement. For every Ray Dalio I give you a Tom Lee. 

21 minutes ago, Old guy said:

One man's nihilism is apparently another man's realism.  The only team I belong to is #TEAM BLUE.  Respect is a two way street and none of those under the "ob" banner have shown the least bit of respect to me and mine.....

slufanskip likes this

1 minute ago, willie said:

Major Recession? That's pretty much an outlier statement. For every Ray Dalio I give you a Tom Lee. 

From your lips to God's ears Willie.  I feel better about "buying" the Billikens in the sweet sixteen than I do this bunch engineering a soft landing.....

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Juco is one step above rec plex ball, he is better off with the Billikens