Billiken Soccer Game Day Thread M @ Louisville 4pm & W vs Notre Dame 7pm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville ties it up on a cross from the right to a player about 12 yards out just behind the back post with a 1 time volley. No 11 the frosh from Denmark casually jogging back while the scorer is wide open behind the SLU defenders. No way to know for sure but it sure looked to me like he could have gotten there and disrupted the shot

1-1 

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I hate when refs let almost everything go then hand out quick yellow cards. Call the game from the onset

That yellow that should have been called but wasn't cost the Bills.  They would have had a great set piece chance right there.  I know Louisville scored around the 30 minute mark, but I really thought we were the better team in the last 25 minutes or so of the half.

slufanskip likes this

14 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I am assuming no score???

ND just went up 1-0 on free kick from about 25 yards. Hit a beautiful shot to the top left corner that Hope Solo doesn’t stop.

The Bills have shown no ability to string together passes. They’ve had a couple of chances but only due to individual play. We seem to just play long far too often even when we have time. No link between defenders and midfielders at all and very little between mids and front line. ND has flat out dominated this game 65 min in. 

if not for Purcelli this could easily be 3 or 4 to nil. I guarantee you there aren’t many keepers in the country better than Emily. 

ND 1, SLU 0 with about 25 minutes to play.

Groark brought down a ND player just outside the top of the box. Ran her over, couldn't seem to stop in time. That player, Korbin Albert, buried a perfect free kick around SLU's wall. Puricelli had no chance.

ND looks like the better team. Attacking, pressing - has SLU on their heels a bit.

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

Gotta be careful playing with a yellow card. That having been said, the Norte Dame coach did talk him into it. And now 2-0, oh well not theBillikens night.

I thought the 1st card card on Katie was overzealous. You’re right you have to be careful but no chance he was giving that 2nd yellow without the help of the ND coach. ND has clearly been the superior team but it’s been officiated by what seems to be a ND fan. I’ve seen both home games and neither was well officiated 

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I thought the 1st card card on Katie was overzealous. You’re right you have to be careful but no chance he was giving that 2nd yellow without the help of the ND coach. ND has clearly been the superior team but it’s been officiated by what seems to be a ND fan. I’ve seen both home games and neither was well officiated 

I have seen a ref give a yellow card after not giving one initially to a player after talking to another ref. Never after talking to a coach.

slufanskip likes this