Billiken Soccer Game Day Thread M @ Louisville 4pm & W vs Notre Dame 7pm

The #10 and #19 teams in the nation deserve gameday threads IMO.

Your 10th ranked Billiken men are in Louisville to take on the Cardinals @ 4pm. The game will be on the ESPN+ App through ACCN+.

Your #19 ranked Billiken women are at Hermann Stadium to welcome the Fightin' Irish of Notre Dame @ 7pm.  If you are in St. Louis, tickets are $5 and the weather will be **chefs kiss**. So click here https://t.co/WXbNkCYNhp to get your tickets.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/8/24/msoc-preview-no-10-billikens-open-season-on-the-road.aspx

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/8/22/womens-soccer-wsoc-preview-nationally-ranked-teams-slu-notre-dame-clash-thursday-at-hermann.aspx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just perusing the rosters of SLU, ND and Arkansas, it looks like ND has more size and more vets than Arkansas had.  7 players on the ND roster are listed as graduate students and 6 seniors.  Some of that may just have to do with how each schools lists classes for 5th year players.  SLU for example has 2 redshirt seniors (Lawler & Groark), 1 "5th year" (Friedrich) and one graduate student (Halverson).  Regardless, I think this game will be just as tough if not tougher than Arkansas.  Hopefully a big crowd makes the difference.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Just perusing the rosters of SLU, ND and Arkansas, it looks like ND has more size and more vets than Arkansas had.  7 players on the ND roster are listed as graduate students and 6 seniors.  Some of that may just have to do with how each schools lists classes for 5th year players.  SLU for example has 2 redshirt seniors (Lawler & Groark), 1 "5th year" (Friedrich) and one graduate student (Halverson).  Regardless, I think this game will be just as tough if not tougher than Arkansas.  Hopefully a big crowd makes the difference.

This will be the first big test for Norte Dame. They beat Marquette, who was picked 8th in the pre season in the Big East, and Western Kentucky, who was picked 9th in the MAC.  Norte Dame is used to high level competition though, since they play in the ACC, who sent 8 teams to the NCAA tournament last year. Should be a good game, but SLU’s defense has demonstrated that they can hang with anyone in the win over Arkansas. Nice article today in the Post-Dispatch about that, highlighting Sofia Stram and Lyndsey Heckel. Interestingly, even though both of them have always been in the A10 first or second team each of the last two years, they were left off of preseason selections this year. Expect them to try to change that in the postseason A10 honors with their play…

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don’t know if that’s the right call but it shouldn’t be. 

It is the right call if you’re referring to the offsides where the goal was disallowed. The keep was up so there has to be 2 other defenders behind us. I only got a quick look as the replay was quick but from what I’ve seen the call was correct

I thought they missed a hand ball in the box by L’Ville but with no replay it’s hard to be sure. 

Not that this is the place but in the women’s game vs Ark the no handball in the box call was correct imo after seeing a replay

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

It is the right call if you’re referring to the offsides where the goal was disallowed. The keep was up so there has to be 2 other defenders behind us. I only got a quick look as the replay was quick but from what I’ve seen the call was correct

Correct, but it shouldn't be.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Try again...I get an error first time I click a stream.

i just got off the phone with espn and they said I wont get this game because I dont get AACTV+