courtside Complains about other Posters Thread

courtside

1 minute ago, courtside said:

What was it you were you saying about stirring the pot? 

Many people are here to read threads and sometimes post in them about the thread topic. There is plenty of room to post in other threads or start new ones. 

Billikens.com thanks you for using the appropriate thread for your complaint amount the poster @SluSignGuy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Billikens.com thanks you for using the appropriate thread for your complaint amount the poster @SluSignGuy.

Over half your life doing this, @SluSignGuy?  Congratulations! Do you think you’ll keep doing your thing here as long as Sister Jean has been doing her thing at Loyola-Chicago? 😄

3 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Over half your life doing this, @SluSignGuy?  Congratulations! Do you think you’ll keep doing your thing here as long as Sister Jean has been doing her thing at Loyola-Chicago? 😄

We are actually now up to two thirds of my life...Started this thing when I was 11, Billikens.com when I was 13.  I am now 38.  Thankfully no vows have been needed to be taken like Sister Jean.

Excuse me, but WTF is going on? Please take all whiny, pissant stuff to private messaging so serious posters can discuss Billiken athletics. Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, courtside said:

This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread. If you’d like to discuss something else, start a new thread for that.

You don't own the SLU Women's Soccer thread.  Why do you act like you do?  Sometimes I come to this thread to read your content, sometimes I come to read other peoples content (maybe I shouldn't since I'm sure they're all stealing it from you, right?), and sometimes I like to know if a Billiken related podcast is doing something related to Billiken women's soccer.  That is valuable information to me as someone who is a women's soccer team fan.  Perhaps I read about the podcast and it causes me to listen to said podcast.  Where exactly is the harm in that?

I enjoy reading some of your content and insight, but you have now completely lost me with this.  You now go on ignore.

dlarry likes this

8 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

i think I am most looking forward to the SLU vs Maryland game this year. thanks for listening 

Memphis for me.  Sucked to travel down there just to lose by however many we did.

3 hours ago, courtside said:

4 Self Promotion troll posts in this thread in a matter of hours. Will there be a 5th? 

No one cares if you have a podcast. There are many podcasts and interviews etc..I was even kind enough to post some. Maybe you’ll listen to some of those and take part in that discussion. (Probably not)

But this thread, and this board, is Billikens Dot Com, not Zac and Pete Dot Com. I am not here for Zac and Pete dot com. No offense. I think the solution for you would be to start your own website. You are welcome to do that. And, as you say, you have a thread(s) already for your podcasts. 

Many others and myself are here for on topic, equal discussion where anyone and everyone takes part, not just two people. 

You mentioned Chris May’s podcast. Have you ever promoted it, replied to those threads, or any other ones? Since you say you use this board to frequently self promote here, have you ever promoted this board on your podcast or social media? How often? It doesn’t seem reciprocal. How often does Chris May come here to promote his podcast?

I’m hoping you and Peter have learned from your mistakes this past year. 

Again, this is a thread for SLU Women’s Soccer and related discussion. By your own admission, that is not why you are here. So take it to elsewhere and let the people here for SLU Women’s Soccer (or insert thread title here) enjoy their thread.

DirtyRican likes this

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If we're complaining about posters, those sports car posters that were sold at scholastic bookfair were made from shoddy paper.

Are we talking the posters on the thin shiny paper or the ones that were thicker almost cardboard-ish?  The cardboard-ish posters were terrible.  Can't roll them up for easy transport.  Super easy to get creases in them.  Corners would get banged up & start to fray in your bookbag on the way home.

11 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Are we talking the posters on the thin shiny paper or the ones that were thicker almost cardboard-ish?  The cardboard-ish posters were terrible.  Can't roll them up for easy transport.  Super easy to get creases in them.  Corners would get banged up & start to fray in your bookbag on the way home.

They both have their downsides. But I’ll be damned if I didn’t get a sweet yellow lambo or a purple prowler poster

Holy sh!t Courstide, get a f**king grip. 

Every Billiken athletics fan should be thanking MMP for the content they're creating and especially you, as a fan of the WOMEN'S SOCCER PROGRAM, which doesn't get nearly the support it should for a program as decorated and successful as it is. To b!tch and moan about someone volunteering their time and energy to give great publicity to the program you love so much is nothing short of insanity with a hint of jealousy. 

Zac and I have had our differences but you'll never catch me denying the value he is to SLU athletics and you, sir, are making a strong case for worst poster on the board - an incredible feat considering the quality of the content you typically contribute. Stick to that, cause we appreciate it, and otherwise read the d@mn room. 

Before stepping into a different content category I provided Billiken men's basketball coverage for Arch City Media. I always promoted that content here. 

Was I as hated for that as the two most valuable contributors to the board are for their work? Never saw hate like this but I wonder if people did so quietly. 

Imagine supporting a school in a major metropolitan market that gets a fraction of the attention that it should yet scrutinizing the people working as hard or harder than anyone to change that. Couldn't be me. Keep it up guys, I'd say that having haters is a good indicator of doing something right @Midtown Madness

14 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Dude.  This is Steve's sandbox.  Not yours.  Stop being a jerk & just put Zac, Peter & MMP accounts on your ignore list if you get triggered every time you see them post.

You don't speak for everyone.  A lot of people (myself included) care about the Midtown Madness Podcast.  You are the only one I've seen who seems to think they're doing anything wrong.  Two of the most prolific, longest tenured & well respected MBMs around @brianstl & @billiken_roy have posted here within the last 12 hours to defend or agree with MMP.  Take a hint.  Stick to soccer & leave the petty crap behind.

100%

i never listen to any of  the podcast. i already spend too much time on sports. But i love the idea & of them & assume they're  well done (maybe i should use my Bill's time in my budget listening in place of dilly dallying on here):). I think it can only help the board & Bills fandom in general.

the  idea that the 2 guy's doing a labor of luv for self glory & or financial gain is silly.

Billiken Rich likes this

12 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

We are actually now up to two thirds of my life...Started this thing when I was 11, Billikens.com when I was 13.  I am now 38.  Thankfully no vows have been needed to be taken like Sister Jean.

holy cow had no idea. An MBM child prodigy.

18 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Pretty soon 3/4 of your life 😅 kind of funny that an 11 year old started a board that ended up being mostly frequented by 40 and 50 somethings.

CBFan likes this

19 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

The disadvantage you have compared to sister Jean is that you cannot invoke divine help for the Bills during the season.

1 hour ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Pretty soon 3/4 of your life 😅 kind of funny that an 11 year old started a board that ended up being mostly frequented by 40 and 50 somethings.

@davidnark started the board on a separate web site.  It just moved over to Billikens.com roughly in 1999/2000.

@SluSignGuy, @Pistol and @billikenfan05I thank you all for what you do for Billiken athletics and I am glad you have a high tolerance of the BS and keep providing great content and information on Billiken athletics in spite of it.

Keep up the great work I really appreciate you all.