courtside Complains about other Posters Thread

courtside

27 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

Big special episode drop Wednesday for SLU Women's Soccer Fans.

Great. I think everyone will appreciate all of the Billikens Dot Com references in it. (Since you guys come here daily to self promote, I’m sure you guys have been referencing “Billikens Dot Com” on all of your podcasts and social media.)

I was getting concerned after Katie’s two dozen radio shows, podcasts, high school newspapers, etc…of which you guys never commented on, (wonder why that is) that you guys wouldn’t forget to reach to her. Is it about discussing soccer, the player and coaches, the program, or is it about yourselves. Plenty of other Katie interviews posted here and on social media that you didn’t seem all that interested in discussing. 

Oh yeah, you already have a thread for that where you post under multiple user names and bump excessively for listens or page views or whatever it is you are seeking. That’s great. But this is the soccer thread.

The rest of will be here where anyone and everyone gets to speak and interact and have an equal say. And if they don’t have access or information, I’m happy to provide it to them. 

I don’t have anything to self promote. 

Maybe troll elsewhere, or maybe start a new website if you are unable to post in your podcast thread.

Let’s let the people have their soccer thread 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, courtside said:

Great. I think everyone will appreciate all of the Billikens Dot Com references in it. (Since you guys come here daily to self promote, I’m sure you guys have been referencing “Billikens Dot Com” on all of your podcasts and social media.)

I was getting concerned after Katie’s two dozen radio shows, podcasts, high school newspapers, etc…of which you guys never commented on, (wonder why that is) that you guys wouldn’t forget to reach to her. Is it about discussing soccer, the player and coaches, the program, or is it about yourselves. Plenty of other Katie interviews posted here and on social media that you didn’t seem all that interested in discussing. 

Oh yeah, you already have a thread for that where you post under multiple user names and bump excessively for listens or page views or whatever it is you are seeking. That’s great. But this is the soccer thread.

The rest of will be here where anyone and everyone gets to speak and interact and have an equal say. And if they don’t have access or information, I’m happy to provide it to them. 

Maybe troll elsewhere, or maybe start a new website if you are unable to post in your podcast thread.

God forbid that two guys that have contributed to this site for years (one who has given up massive amounts of time putting together recruiting summaries) get to interview Katie Shields.  How could Katie do this to courtside?  Maybe courtside and others should write Katie a strongly worded letter to inform her about the sacredness of courtside’s soccer thread.   Maybe let Katie know how you feel about it in a reply to her on Twitter and then click the like button to your own reply.  

3 hours ago, courtside said:

You've actually made it to the ignore list. It's unfortunate cause I enjoy your input. You're one of the worst personalities on this board. 

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

God forbid that two guys that have contributed to this site for years (one who has given up massive amounts of time putting together recruiting summaries) get to interview Katie Shields.  How could Katie do this to courtside?  Maybe courtside, Skip and others should write Katie a strongly worded letter to inform her about the sacredness of courtside’s soccer thread.   Maybe let Katie know how you feel about it in a reply to her on Twitter and then click the like button to your own reply.  

No one cares if they do Brian. They already have many new weekly threads for that. 

This is the SLU Women's soccer thread where anyone and everyone who isn't trolling like yourself and Peter can discuss the program.

There's already a narcissistic self promotion thread. So take it there. I hope it's one of the episodes where they discuss games they didn't see. Those are some of my favorites. They can post it there under multiple user names and bump it all day. 

And I kindly posted a thread where people can discuss other podcasts and interviews as well, since it's all about the board and not self promotion. I'm happy to promote all of those other places and the program.

Maybe SEMO has a game this week for you to enjoy Brian. The rest of us will discuss SLU Women's Soccer here.

16 minutes ago, courtside said:

No one cares if they do Brian. They already have many new weekly threads for that. 

This is the SLU Women's soccer thread where anyone and everyone who isn't trolling like yourself and Peter can discuss the program.

There's already a narcissistic self promotion thread. So take it there. I hope it's one of the episodes where they discuss games they didn't see. Those are some of my favorites. They can post it there under multiple user names and bump it all day. 

And I kindly posted a thread where people can discuss other podcasts and interviews as well, since it's all about the board and not self promotion. I'm happy to promote all of those other places and the program.

Maybe SEMO has a game this week for you to enjoy Brian. The rest of us will discuss SLU Women's Soccer here.

I’m pretty sure I am there.

rgbilliken likes this

43 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The Shields conversation was fantastic. She was one of the first people we talked to last year when we were still new at this thing, and this talk is several times better. She's so easy to talk to and at times could barely contain her excitement about this program and group of players. We really can't wait for you all to hear this one.

The goal is to break 5,000 fans at Thursday's game against Notre Dame. If you have any ability at all to get down there, please go support them.

I think you are confused. This isn’t your podcast thread(s) This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread.

3 self promotion troll posts here under two different user names in a matter of hours. Seems a bit desperate.

5 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

This is the last thing I'm going to say here regarding this insane saga of jealousy, spite and just plain ignorance:

-I post under two different usernames. I don't hide that from anyone. I post under this username in a purely informational manner regarding episodes and news concerning our content creation. Anytime I post differently from this, it's accidental and I forgot I was logged in. These usually get deleted quickly when I realize the error.

-The reason I post under this username is two fold: I like at least some veil of anonymity on my other account. It's an open secret who it is, but I like that at least a little critical thinking has to go into figuring it out. I have strong opinions, I say things that are way more reactionary and hot headed. I keep these two accounts separate not only for my own protection but also out of respect for Peter and all of the work he's done on this show. Peter does not mind the lack of anonymity so he uses @Pistolat all times. I have two accounts, Pete has one. It's really that simple and benign.

-Steve very kindly allows our podcast RSS feed to be auto posted to this forum by a "bot" the same way Chris May's interviews do. For that we are grateful. This doesn't include links to the actual show on individual platforms. So I provide those as well as add in some extra context to the episode that doesn't make the description due to short turnaround. Peter does the same.

-Do we shamelessly self promote? You bet your fuoking ass we do. We will never apologize for it. But please don't sit here and act like we're reaping any substantial monetary gain from this. We do this as a creative outlet for our mutual love of Billiken athletics, our desire to shed light on every team in that athletic department as well as document as much Billiken history as we can. In fact Peter and myself are both still in the red, and that's fine. We don't complain. Our sponsor 2 Men and a Garden generously cover enough for us to operate the basic podcast at a 0 cost this, but this doesn't include technology or previous seasons.

-We're going to keep doing this as long as people keep listening. The way the numbers have been trending...I don't think we'll be stopping any time soon.

zak, probably your best post you've ever made and for all the right reasons.   

rgbilliken likes this

25 minutes ago, Midtown Madness said:

This is the last thing I'm going to say here regarding this insane saga of jealousy, spite and just plain ignorance:

-I post under two different usernames. I don't hide that from anyone. I post under this username in a purely informational manner regarding episodes and news concerning our content creation. Anytime I post differently from this, it's accidental and I forgot I was logged in. These usually get deleted quickly when I realize the error.

-The reason I post under this username is two fold: I like at least some veil of anonymity on my other account. It's an open secret who it is, but I like that at least a little critical thinking has to go into figuring it out. I have strong opinions, I say things that are way more reactionary and hot headed. I keep these two accounts separate not only for my own protection but also out of respect for Peter and all of the work he's done on this show. Peter does not mind the lack of anonymity so he uses @Pistolat all times. I have two accounts, Pete has one. It's really that simple and benign.

-Steve very kindly allows our podcast RSS feed to be auto posted to this forum by a "bot" the same way Chris May's interviews do. For that we are grateful. This doesn't include links to the actual show on individual platforms. So I provide those as well as add in some extra context to the episode that doesn't make the description due to short turnaround. Peter does the same.

-Do we shamelessly self promote? You bet your fuoking ass we do. We will never apologize for it. But please don't sit here and act like we're reaping any substantial monetary gain from this. We do this as a creative outlet for our mutual love of Billiken athletics, our desire to shed light on every team in that athletic department as well as document as much Billiken history as we can. In fact Peter and myself are both still in the red, and that's fine. We don't complain. Our sponsor 2 Men and a Garden generously cover enough for us to operate the basic podcast at a 0 cost this, but this doesn't include technology or previous seasons.

-We're going to keep doing this as long as people keep listening. The way the numbers have been trending...I don't think we'll be stopping any time soon.

4 Self Promotion troll posts in this thread in a matter of hours. Will there be a 5th? 

No one cares if you have a podcast. There are many podcasts and interviews etc..I was even kind enough to post some. Maybe you’ll listen to some of those and take part in that discussion. (Probably not)

But this thread, and this board, is Billikens Dot Com, not Zac and Pete Dot Com. I am not here for Zac and Pete dot com. No offense. I think the solution for you would be to start your own website. You are welcome to do that. And, as you say, you have a thread(s) already for your podcasts. 

Many others and myself are here for on topic, equal discussion where anyone and everyone takes part, not just two people. 

You mentioned Chris May’s podcast. Have you ever promoted it, replied to those threads, or any other ones? Since you say you use this board to frequently self promote here, have you ever promoted this board on your podcast or social media? How often? It doesn’t seem reciprocal. How often does Chris May come here to promote his podcast?

I’m hoping you and Peter have learned from your mistakes this past year. 

Again, this is a thread for SLU Women’s Soccer and related discussion. By your own admission, that is not why you are here. So take it to elsewhere and let the people here for SLU Women’s Soccer (or insert thread title here) enjoy their thread.

3 minutes ago, courtside said:

4 Self Promotion troll posts in this thread in a matter of hours. Will there be a 5th? 

No one cares if you have a podcast. There are many podcasts and interviews etc..I was even kind enough to post some.

But this thread, and this board, is Billikens Dot Com, not Zac and Pete Dot Com. I am not here for Zac and Pete dot com. I think the solution for you would be to start your own website. 

You are welcome to start your own website. And, as you say, you have a thread(s) already for your podcasts. 

I, and many others here are for on topic equal discussion where anyone and everyone takes part, not just two people. No offense. 

You mentioned Chris May’s podcast. Have you ever promoted it, replied to those threads, or any other ones? Since you say you use this board to frequently self promote here, have you ever promoted this board on your podcast or social media? How often? It doesn’t seem reciprocal. How often does Chris May come here to promote his podcast?

I’m hoping you and Peter have learned from your mistakes this past year. 

Again, this is a thread for SLU Women’s Soccer and related discussion. By your own admission, that is not why you are here. So take it to elsewhere and let the people here for SLU Women’s Soccer (or insert thread title here) enjoy their thread.

Dude.  This is Steve's sandbox.  Not yours.  Stop being a jerk & just put Zac, Peter & MMP accounts on your ignore list if you get triggered every time you see them post.

You don't speak for everyone.  A lot of people (myself included) care about the Midtown Madness Podcast.  You are the only one I've seen who seems to think they're doing anything wrong.  Two of the most prolific, longest tenured & well respected MBMs around @brianstl & @billiken_roy have posted here within the last 12 hours to defend or agree with MMP.  Take a hint.  Stick to soccer & leave the petty crap behind.

Two good Billiken fans expanding the Billiken content online is a net positive for all of the sports they cover. Really like the work that @Midtown Madness have done, and always appreciate the fan perspective that Zac and Pete provide. Whether it is player or coach interviews, they help give a platform to some of the amazing SLU student athletes that otherwise wouldn’t happen. That’s not a thing that many programs of similar size get to enjoy. 

9 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Two good Billiken fans expanding the Billiken content online is a net positive for all of the sports they cover. Really like the work that @Midtown Madness have done, and always appreciate the fan perspective that Zac and Pete provide. Whether it is player or coach interviews, they help give a platform to some of the amazing SLU student athletes that otherwise wouldn’t happen. That’s not a thing that many programs of similar size get to enjoy. 

This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread. If you’d like to discuss something else, start a new thread for that.

1 hour ago, courtside said:

I think you are confused. This isn’t your podcast thread(s) This is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread.

3 self promotion troll posts here under two different user names in a matter of hours. Seems a bit desperate.

I think a post about an interview with the head coach of the SLU Women's Soccer team and encouraging all posters to attend the upcoming game against ND, most certainly belongs in the SLU Women's Soccer thread.  In fact, I can't think of a more appropriate place for it.  You would have to be a narcissistic troll and probably on the spectrum to believe otherwise.

JMM28, AGB91, TRN and 3 others like this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Dude.  This is Steve's sandbox.  Not yours.  Stop being a jerk & just put Zac, Peter & MMP accounts on your ignore list if you get triggered every time you see them post.

You don't speak for everyone.  A lot of people (myself included) care about the Midtown Madness Podcast.  You are the only one I've seen who seems to think they're doing anything wrong.  Two of the most prolific, longest tenured & well respected MBMs around @brianstl & @billiken_roy have posted here within the last 12 hours to defend or agree with MMP.  Take a hint.  Stick to soccer & leave the petty crap behind.

And Steve has felt the need to come here 3 times recently to delete many trolling clutter posts like yours and others.

They already have thread(s) for their podcast.

Again, this is the SLU Women’s Soccer thread.

2 hours ago, courtside said:

SLU moved to 28 in the College Soccer News Poll this week.

………………………

Soccer Analytics inStat numbers are in for SLU vs Arkansas:

Top 5 rated players for the game, were all from SLU. 

Emily Gaebe

Hannah Larson

Emily Puricelli 

Bri Halverson

Anna Walsh.

Arkansas was held to their lowest offensive statistical production since it’s opener last year vs Duke.

…………………

That seems right to me. Walsh also had a strong game against Drake, I thought. 

But this thread, and this board, is Billikens Dot Com, not Zac and Pete Dot Com. I am not here for Zac and Pete dot com. No offense. I think the solution for you would be to start your own website. You are welcome to do that. And, as you say, you have a thread(s) already for your podcasts. 

While this is not Steve Dot Com. The Steve that owns Billikens Dot Com is fine with the promotion the @Midtown Madness is doing, and moreso the content they bring to the community.

And Steve has felt the need to come here 3 times recently to delete many trolling clutter posts like yours and others.

And despite me repeatedly saying I am fine with @Midtown Madness and @Pistol you continue to seem to want to stir the pot, cluttering the women's soccer thread yourself, distracting from the contributions you do make.

10 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

While this is not Steve Dot Com. The Steve that owns Billikens Dot Com is fine with the promotion the @Midtown Madness is doing, and moreso the content they bring to the community.

And despite me repeatedly saying I am fine with @Midtown Madness and @Pistol you continue to seem to want to stir the pot, cluttering the women's soccer thread yourself, distracting from the contributions you do make.

Actually, no, this isn’t correct. Pete and Zac came to this thread to promote their podcast several times instead of posting on topic in the thread. They already have plenty of other threads for that, or they can start a new thread.

14 hours ago, brianstl said:

God forbid that two guys that have contributed to this site for years (one who has given up massive amounts of time putting together recruiting summaries) get to interview Katie Shields.  How could Katie do this to courtside?  Maybe courtside, Skip and others should write Katie a strongly worded letter to inform her about the sacredness of courtside’s soccer thread.   Maybe let Katie know how you feel about it in a reply to her on Twitter and then click the like button to your own reply.  

Leave me out of your BS. 

7 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I made a new thread.

2022 Offseason.  The controversy over women's soccer threads.  Not quite Blake Ahearn levels, but I did not see it coming.

What was it you were you saying about stirring the pot? 

Many people are here to read threads and sometimes post in them about the thread topic. There is plenty of room to post in other threads or start new ones.