SLU W Soccer beats #8 Arkansas

I don't necessarily mean to ruffle feathers here, but this absolutely deserves a thread of its own.  Can you imagine a top 10 win at a packed Chaifetz by the MBB team being buried in some generic MBB thread?  Insanity.

Up next: Tough road test @ Drake on Sunday at 1pm.  Can't let their guard down after such a big win or get caught looking ahead to #16 Notre Dame Thursday 8/25 7pm at Hermann.

7 minutes ago, willie said:

This is certainly not a big deal but it's unfortunate the camera angle shows the east seats where no one sits because of the sun.  Looks like no one is there not a record crowd. 

Capacity at Hermann is supposed to be 6,050.  I assume that is seats(?) because the men's team has had games well over that (6,800+ vs LIU last season).  The stands in the photo look at least 1/2 full to me.

Most people sit in the west grandstand because for an evening game you are in the shade, and that’s where the bathrooms are. On the east side, you are looking into the sun until it goes down.  That said, I did see some people head over there because it was crowded on the west side. They did have a tent set up to sell concessions over on the east side. Maybe that’s the next upgrade to the stadium?  Small building with a concession stand and some bathrooms on the east side? It would be a nice problem to have, needing to expand facilities to accommodate more fans…

18 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Another way to look at it, George Mason played at Virginia and got beat 3-1. No surprise, Virginia is the #4 ranked women’s team.  However, crowd size at Virginia? 1117. We nearly tripled that.

Excellent context.  3k doesn't seem like much, but it is huge for NCAA women's soccer.  Props to the team, the AD, and the fans.

Here is a link to 2019 NCAA women's soccer attendance records for reference.  SLU was 23rd in average attendance in 2019 with 949 per game.