Gibson Jimerson turning into a werewolf

3 hours ago, DOC said:

The chief benefactor from these two sharp shooters is Okoro. Add Parker to the list and you have teams that just won't be able to double down, which will allow him the room he needs to dominate down low. He didn't pass well out of the post last year when that happened so it will mask his weakness. I'm expecting a monster year from the big man. 

+100

While his counterparts will force opponents to give him less reason to pass out of the paint, I have to imagine that he will also be better at doing so because it was arguably the #1 weakness in his game. Hopefully both are true and he becomes the all-conference center we know he can be. 

I would love nothing more than for Okoro to win 1st team over Holmes at Dayton. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

+100

While his counterparts will force opponents to give him less reason to pass out of the paint, I have to imagine that he will also be better at doing so because it was arguably the #1 weakness in his game. Hopefully both are true and he becomes the all-conference center we know he can be. 

This will not happen, but if Cisse can shoot 3s above 35%, you could technically play him and Okoro at the same time. We have at least one clip of Cisse making good passes. Let’s just visit Billiken dreamland on this one until November.

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

This will not happen, but if Cisse can shoot 3s above 35%, you could technically play him and Okoro at the same time. We have at least one clip of Cisse making good passes. Let’s just visit Billiken dreamland on this one until November.

Which part won't happen?

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I don’t think the A10 all conf first team is chosen by position. Rather they select the 6 best players. So technically Okoro and Holmes could both be first teamers. 

You are correct.  Here are last season's 1st and 2nd Teams.

All-Conference First Team
Luka Brajkovic, Davidson
Hyunjung Lee, Davidson
Josh Oduro, George Mason
Jalen Adaway, St. Bonaventure
Yuri Collins, Saint Louis
Vince Williams, VCU

All-Conference Second Team
Foster Loyer, Davidson
DaRon Holmes II, Dayton
Chuba Ohams, Fordham
Tyler Burton, Richmond
Osun Osunniyi, St. Bonaventure
Ace Baldwin, VCU

16 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I am going to assume that okoro has been working on his passes out of the post and he will be excellent this year. who would sit if cisse plays along with him> i dont see that happening much

Ya I cant see that happening, but Forrester is better at avoiding foul trouble so that allows Ford to go two bigs if he wanted. 

Also didn't realize Forrester's 20/21 campaign was better than Linssen last year. 

22 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I am going to assume that okoro has been working on his passes out of the post and he will be excellent this year. who would sit if cisse plays along with him> i dont see that happening much

I think were there a couple of highlights from the Euro trip that started off with an Okoro pass.  Can't get a ton of insight from highlights, but I'm hoping that means he's improved that part of his game.

19 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

+100

That would mean only one of Perkins, Yuri, and Jimerson would. Even Dayton only got two in 2020

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Dayton was 6-3 on the road last year with a bunch of freshmen.  We have yet to finish .500 on the road in the conference.  That's a huge obstacle we have to overcome.  Until that changes, the Flyers are the team to beat.

When was the last time the Billikens were a road warrior team?  Seems like it's been a while........

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Dayton was 6-3 on the road last year with a bunch of freshmen.  We have yet to finish .500 on the road in the conference.  That's a huge obstacle we have to overcome.  Until that changes, the Flyers are the team to beat.

Other than UR, UD didn’t have to go to olean or belk last year. And they also didn’t go to umass. - our 4 road losses - While I agree we struggle on the road under ford, not sure I agree when schedules are not the same, or really even that similar. 

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Other than UR, UD didn’t have to go to olean or belk last year. And they also didn’t go to umass. - our 4 road losses - While I agree we struggle on the road under ford, not sure I agree when schedules are not the same, or really even that similar. 

What or where is belk?

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We didn't go to VCU either.  Dayton won at VCU last year.  We've never beaten VCU at their place.  And Dayton has owned Davidson on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, Bills By 40 said:

This article mentioned he had 0 dunks last year...which can't be right, right? 

He had at least 3 dunks. One was on somebody's head. Around the team its no secret he is a very good dunker in practice. Expect over 20 dunks by Gibson this season.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

He had at least 3 dunks. One was on somebody's head. Around the team its no secret he is a very good dunker in practice. Expect over 20 dunks by Gibson this season.

If I remember correctly,  he was even in the dunk contest for "midnight madness" his freshman year.