Gibson Jimerson turning into a werewolf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I don't know.  Jimerson just looks too scrawny to not get beat up again and again.....

A year smarter and stronger though.

Perkins and Parker will give Jimerson some relief he does not have to be on the floor so much to get beat down.

Our team has a potential if they stay healthy to be top 20 in 3 point shooting.

I am ready to get the party started.

Dr. Holly Hills and bauman like this

14 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I don't know.  Jimerson just looks too scrawny to not get beat up again and again.....

Now that he's a household name refs wont let people hang on and pull on him all game. 

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

Hot take - Jimerson is the best player on the team, will score 23 points a game, lead the nation in 3s, and A10 POY.

torch, I like your take BUT as much as I like Jimmer I think you are way high on his PPG.  He will probably have a couple of games where he gets 23 but not an average.  I think our leading scorer will be, as expected, Perkins.  Trying to do a reasonable look at the team's PPG,  I think these following numbers are possible for each player, but likely err on the high side. JPer-18; GJ-15; Parker-12; Yuri-8; FO-8; FT-7; J Pickett-7; TH-5; JF-4; Freshmen-4.  This totals 88 which I don't think a TF team will ever get to.

44 minutes ago, bauman said:

torch, I like your take BUT as much as I like Jimmer I think you are way high on his PPG.  He will probably have a couple of games where he gets 23 but not an average.  I think our leading scorer will be, as expected, Perkins.  Trying to do a reasonable look at the team's PPG,  I think these following numbers are possible for each player, but likely err on the high side. JPer-18; GJ-15; Parker-12; Yuri-8; FO-8; FT-7; J Pickett-7; TH-5; JF-4; Freshmen-4.  This totals 88 which I don't think a TF team will ever get to.

Considering that no D1 team reached that number last year, that's probably a safe guess.

57 minutes ago, bauman said:

Good estimates but a little light on Franco. I would peg him at 11-12 ppg. He really came on in conference play.  Putbacks alone should get him 6ppg. 

Young Charles likes this

definitely possible GJ hits over 20 ppg, but it would mean the team suffered another major loss or Perkins could never really get going. 

Im thinking

Perkins- 15

GJ- 13

Fred - 11

Okoro - 10

Parker - 8

Yuri - 8

THJ - 6

Pickett - 5

Forrester - 3

Frosh - 2

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

definitely possible GJ hits over 20 ppg, but it would mean the team suffered another major loss or Perkins could never really get going. 

Im thinking

Perkins- 15

GJ- 13

Fred - 11

Okoro - 10

Parker - 8

Yuri - 8

THJ - 6

Pickett - 5

Forrester - 3

Frosh - 2

So you are saying we average 81 ppg. Very strong, I have just a few tweaks on how to get there.

Perk - 16

Jimmer - 13

Okoro - 11

Yuri - 9

Fred - 8

Pickett - 8

Parker - 6

THJ - 6

Forrester - 4

Thames - 1

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

So you are saying we average 81 ppg. Very strong, I have just a few tweaks on how to get there.

Only 5 more ppg than last year with a hopefully less fatigued GJ,  and adding Perkins and parker. Seems pretty do-able.

bauman likes this

my thoughts are we will never average that for the season.   ford loves to go into the prevent defense/offense.   and that will really pull down the averages once we get into conference play.    

i also am reluctant to make any prediction on perkins at this point until we see him in game action against real division one competition.   we have no idea what kind of opponent's he is facing.   but i did see  that leg taped from ankle to thigh.   so one would think he isnt 100% yet and we have to wait and see how much speed, flexibility and bounce has been recovered.   i will say i was surprised to see him even playing as much as he apparently was considering the scoring he has been reported as getting.  i did not expect him to be playing serious minutes until closer to thanksgiving or christmas to be honest.   so this is very encouraging.   but a lot of our optimism is based on a belief he comes back as good or better than he was before the injury.   

is it just me or does gibson seem bulked up?    surprised to see the dunks in the highlights from him.   we have seen him dunk before but he sure made them look easier.   it seems he might have had somewhat of a conklin summer, so a big jump in his numbers wouldnt surprise me.   dont know if he is the team leader, but if that happens as torch believes it wouldnt shock me.  particularly with ford proclaiming we are now a three point shooting team.   if we are, we all know that centers on jimerson.  

CBFan likes this

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Perk - 16

Jimmer - 13

Okoro - 11

Yuri - 9

Fred - 8

Pickett - 8

Parker - 6

THJ - 6

Forrester - 4

Thames - 1

Something to keep in mind is that all players will not play every game.

Markhi Strickland's average last season was 2.6 points per game that he played in (14 games played and 36 total points).  The team played 35 total games, so Markhi only contributed 1.03 towards the team average of 76.17.  If you add up all the ppg totals on last year's stats you get 83.9.

MBMs should be making a distinction between point per team game or points per game played by that particular player.

21 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Something to keep in mind is that all players will not play every game.

Markhi Strickland's average last season was 2.6 points per game that he played in (14 games played and 36 total points).  The team played 35 total games, so Markhi only contributed 1.03 towards the team average of 76.17.  If you add up all the ppg totals on last year's stats you get 83.9.

MBMs should be making a distinction between point per team game or points per game played by that particular player.

I think the above estimates are taking that into account.  They're assuming 9 man rotations and using a freshman as a placeholder for the 10th guy.

bauman likes this

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Slowry said:

Gibby and a healthy Perk are going to compliment each other so well.  With Yuri passing I predict one of them or both will go for 40 this year.

The chief benefactor from these two sharp shooters is Okoro. Add Parker to the list and you have teams that just won't be able to double down, which will allow him the room he needs to dominate down low. He didn't pass well out of the post last year when that happened so it will mask his weakness. I'm expecting a monster year from the big man.