You have to be kidding me VCU

CBFan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Old guy said:

lncorrect Lax. What you  are seeing is ice core studies from places like Antartica and Greenland. Apparently there are measurable differences in ice cores that can be related to ambient temperature. There is NO OTHER way to infer temperature differences that far back in time. The accurate measurements of temperature was not  achieved until the era of the  enlightenment (XVIII century), and the ability to accurately measure minor variations in temperature in a constant manner is a fairly recent discovery.

These tables are comparing apples to oranges (ice cores vs current methods to determine temperature), so that the comparison is inherently incorrect due to the different methods used. You do not have to believe a single word I say here, but this is what I found looking in depth at the articles. This is, of course the articles written while they were still making measurements, not just using models as is generally doine nowadays.

I agree the methodology is different in measuring temperature. I was speaking to the assertion that measurements were being taken at thousand year plus intervals. 

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Is Neapolitan ice cream still available?  Perhaps it would trend towards being socially acceptable. 

I picked up some Neapolitan the other day. My wife pulled it out of the grocery bag and said “when did you turn 80.” 
She says only the elderly get Neapolitan. I was unaware.

However after thinking about it I remember my Grandparents always having it when I was a child.

Whatever. Stuff is good.

majerus mojo likes this

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I picked up some Neapolitan the other day. My wife pulled it out of the grocery bag and said “when did you turn 80.” 
She says only the elderly get Neapolitan. I was unaware.

However after thinking about it I remember my Grandparents always having it when I was a child.

Whatever. Stuff is good.

Funny.  But did your grandparents get it for themselves or for you?