Starting Lineup (2022 - 2023 Preseason Discussion)

slufan13

I'm leaning more toward Perkins coming off the bench.

I might start Hargrove over Pickett for energy, ala Glaze starting.  Okoro wins the tip, Hargrove is at the rim, Yuri throws a 1/2 court oop should be the first play of every game.  Then quickly bring in Perkins & Pickett off the bench.

Bills By 40 likes this

Guessing starting lineups is fun but kind of silly at this point.  But here goes ...... 

The obvious ..... Collins, Jimerson, Okoro, and Perkins (if he is close to 100% and I suspect he will be)

So that leaves one spot.  And if Thatch is indeed the backup point guard I'll go with Fred bring our 6th man. 

That leaves Hargrove and Pickett battling for the last starting spot.  Forrester can't start, he needs to backup Okoro and our big frosh no way is ready for big backup minutes.  Like last year, TJ gets that starting spot.  But like last year I think he loses the starting spot a half dozen or so games into the season, this time to Pickett once he is acclimented to the team.  Pickett is just too accomplished to not be starting.  And I suspect Pickett is the kind of tough dude and glue guy who forces his way into the starting spot. 

Oops, forgot about Parker!!!!  Heck, if he is the stud we have been hearing about, Ford has a very interesting problem naming that fifth starter.  And Jimerson better start well, he could be vulnerable to losing minutes to Parker.

21 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I saw Marque Perry and Brad (Soderbergh) and was like, is this a meme post? 

Hmmm.  It’s almost like we shouldn’t re-use the same thread year after year for a particular topic but instead should create new threads to avoid such confusion & keep the board better organized…

10 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Hmmm.  It’s almost like we shouldn’t re-use the same thread year after year for a particular topic but instead should create new threads to avoid such confusion & keep the board better organized…

It it very different when a thread keeps going from year-to-year compared to pulling one from over a decade ago, as I’m sure the person who did it is aware.

8 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

You should yes. A new slu soccer fan could come onto the board right now and be very very confused. But hey gotta be consistent so here we are 

9 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Brandon Morris, a solid juco player that committed but all his credits didn't transfer.  Ended up playing at Wisconsin Green-Bay, who did accept his credits, and being a good mid-major point guard 

Brandon Morris ended up working in the AD. I'm sure the statute of limitations has expired, but I recall a drunken night walking past Shady Shell and 3 female SAs piling out of Brandon's car.

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Brandon Morris ended up working in the AD. I'm sure the statute of limitations has expired, but I recall a drunken night walking past Shady Shell and 3 female SAs piling out of Brandon's car.

Different Brandon Morris.  The other Brandon Morris graduated from Wisconsin Green-Bay and immediately moved back home to Kenosha to teach and coach.

3 hours ago, slufan13 said:

You should yes. A new slu soccer fan could come onto the board right now and be very very confused. But hey gotta be consistent so here we are 

New MBM soccer fan logs on for the 1st time excited for some discussion about the men's and women's teams THIS year, then sees 32+ page threads for each...

Grandpa Simpson Walk In Walk Out GIFs | Tenor

slufan13 and brianstl like this

Certain posters should probably just get membership cards printed up and develop a secret handshake.  You can never be to safe when it comes to keeping outsiders out of your special club.  God forbid we build a bigger and more diverse fan base.  It is getting way too crowded with that 949 people the women's soccer team averages a game.  These girls need to understand their game is an old guys thing.

RUBillsFan and slufan13 like this

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Is this a basketball thread or a soccer thread?  

Great idea @HoosierPal!  Why have a bunch of different threads on separate topics confusing people about which one they should post in?  We should have a single thread where everything on the board is discussed.  Mods, please merge every thread into one.  Thanks.

slufan13 likes this

4 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Great idea @HoosierPal!  Why have a bunch of different threads on separate topics confusing people about which one they should post in?  We should have a single thread where everything on the board is discussed.  Mods, please merge every thread into one.  Thanks.

And do it via super secret private messaging rather than on the main board

RUBillsFan likes this