Welcome to Cian Medley!!!!

thetorch

10 hours ago, Fraz said:

Looks like a naturally gifted shooter who needs to put on about 30 pounds.  Only 6 foot tall which is a little concerning, he’ll have to be able to guard 

He'll be fine. Smaller guards can thrive in this league.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Pistol said:

He'll be fine. Smaller guards can thrive in this league.

Yes, and not just this league. Fats Russell at 5-11 transferred from the A-10 to the Big 10 where he averaged 15 ppg. I'm not sure why some people get so hung up on the size of guards. I look for quickness, decision making and skill with guards.

31 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

3 of your top 8 players from the last decade being under 6’2 at the D1 level is pretty notable. 

Also, they were all point guards.  Pretty much every Billiken point guard other than H Waldman was under 6'2.  And it's normal for a rising senior to be 15 lb lighter than he'll be in college.  He is a teenager after all.

51 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Mike McCall is the most underrated SLU player ever.

The context of the subject was under 6’ 2” and wasn’t Mike listed at 6’ 2”?

If Mike is under then his name should be mentioned he is a Billiken great.

18 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The context of the subject was under 6’ 2” and wasn’t Mike listed at 6’ 2”?

If Mike is under then his name should be mentioned he is a Billiken great.

I don’t know what he was listed at, but I would be shocked if he was taller than 6’1”. I thought he was shorter than Jett.

5 minutes ago, HenryB said:

image.thumb.png.da8f01352bebfed2decd1297b0d7fbd0.png

Majerus probably shrunk him on the roster website but I agree there is no way he was 6’2.  He was such a dream Majerus recruit.  Never got beat on defense, never turned the ball over and hit 3s at a reasonable clip.  

This is sort of what I thought I saw from Nick Kramer in the scrimmage.  He flashed Mike McCall vibes to me. I really really liked his defensive moxy 

On a related note, I’m announcing my candidacy for Nick Kramer fan club president.  

(The Rashad Williams fan club shuttered it’s doors some time ago.) 

11 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Majerus probably shrunk him on the roster website but I agree there is no way he was 6’2.  He was such a dream Majerus recruit.  Never got beat on defense, never turned the ball over and hit 3s at a reasonable clip.  

This is sort of what I thought I saw from Nick Kramer in the scrimmage.  He flashed Mike McCall vibes to me. I really really liked his defensive moxy 

On a related note, I’m announcing my candidacy for Nick Kramer fan club president.  

I love that comp. Except Kramer might be a better 3-pt shooter, and McCall might've been more athletic. Though Kramer's build tells me there is a lot of untapped athletic potential hiding somewhere. 

22 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I agree with those points except I don't think I've seen a billiken in 15 years as quick and shifty as McCall. Yuri is the next closest thing to MCJ

20 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Majerus said he gave the actual heights, while a lot of schools would tend to inflate a bit. 

McCall definitley belongs in this conversation. Loved his game. He also came in looking like Medley. Jett was the biggest 6'2 guard in college basketball and Kwamain and Yuri are also big for their height. Medley will be more like McCall in size and if he plays like it he will be a Billiken great.