International Trip Details?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Fraz said:

WILL BE abundantly clear.  Future tense. I think it will be abundantly clear Thames can back up Yuri this year.  If this classifies me as an “MBM”, I’m happy to be one.

Not sure why you’re skewing my words in multiple posts to try to prove a point but I guess it’s a hobby for some on this board

First of all, MBM is just a funny term that applies to all of us.  It is not used just to those we disagree with at any given moment.

Secondly, if you meant that Thames has the potential to be a solid back up at the point for Yuri and that this could happen as early as this year, then you and I agree.  You didn't word it that way, but I'm fine with fine tuning things that were said to reach common ground.

Fraz likes this

One more thing about Thames.  There will come a game this season, or maybe a stretch of games, where Thames looks every bit like a freshmen prone to turning the ball over, lost on defense, taking bad shots.  When this happens, and many on the board are down on him and questioning why Ford gave him such high praise, I will be saying the exact same thing I am saying now.  Give him time to develop.  He's a freshmen.

slufanskip likes this

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

One more thing about Thames.  There will come a game this season, or maybe a stretch of games, where Thames looks every bit like a freshmen prone to turning the ball over, lost on defense, taking bad shots.  When this happens, and many on the board are down on him and questioning why Ford gave him such high praise, I will be saying the exact same thing I am saying now.  Give him time to develop.  He's a freshmen.

Talk about changing the narrative, no one has never said Thames, won’t make a mistake… we said he will be a competent backup for 5-7 minutes per game… and guess what, that experienced grad transfer with marginal athletic ability, that you so desperately wanted will make mistakes too…meanwhile, the talented Freshman, with tons of upside would be sitting on the bench and not getting the experience that he needs for next year when he will be called upon for a larger role…

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Talk about changing the narrative, no one has never said Thames, won’t make a mistake… we said he will be a competent backup for 5-7 minutes per game… and guess what, that experienced grad transfer with marginal athletic ability, that you so desperately wanted will make mistakes too…meanwhile, the talented Freshman, with tons of upside would be sitting on the bench and not getting the experience that he needs for next year when he will be called upon for a larger role…

Not changing the narrative.  I have no issue with the idea that he can be a competent backup to Yuri for 5-7 minutes per game.  We don't disagree about that.  Also, I'm not all that upset that they didn't use the last scholarship for a backup PG.  I trust the coaches.  Even if they had brought in a grad transfer PG with one year of eligibility left, I would still prefer that Thames get those minutes if he can handle it.

My issue was with comments like Thames is dominating (based on highlights on Twitter) or Thames is what we were hoping Nesbitt would be.  Stop trying to read something into what I said that is not there.

bauman likes this

49 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Not changing the narrative.  I have no issue with the idea that he can be a competent backup to Yuri for 5-7 minutes per game.  We don't disagree about that.  Also, I'm not all that upset that they didn't use the last scholarship for a backup PG.  I trust the coaches.  Even if they had brought in a grad transfer PG with one year of eligibility left, I would still prefer that Thames get those minutes if he can handle it.

My issue was with comments like Thames is dominating (based on highlights on Twitter) or Thames is what we were hoping Nesbitt would be.  Stop trying to read something into what I said that is not there.

I am changing the narrative, I think he can be a good backup for… .8 minutes!

1 hour ago, BuiltFordBills said:

Watching this video confirmed two things to me.  1st, as in the first video, Gibson is still shooting from a starting spot of no lower than his chin (unless the pass to him made him catch it low) and 2nd, as I think was pointed out by someone a couple of weeks ago, Parker's shot starts down around his waist so that could be a problem against a tough defender.

19 minutes ago, bauman said:

Watching this video confirmed two things to me.  1st, as in the first video, Gibson is still shooting from a starting spot of no lower than his chin (unless the pass to him made him catch it low) and 2nd, as I think was pointed out by someone a couple of weeks ago, Parker's shot starts down around his waist so that could be a problem against a tough defender.

But it's a smooth looking shot. Reminds me a bit of Jalen Crutcher who had a low release, but was able to make it work. 

4 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I know it can get tense when we comment on preseason highlight videos but I feel comfortable saying Parker looks sick. Demarius Jacobs vibes?

Didn’t you know it’s unfair to the players to hype them up this early in their careers?

33 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I know it can get tense when we comment on preseason highlight videos but I feel comfortable saying Parker looks sick. Demarius Jacobs vibes?

How does he look sick? Could he just be uncomfortable, or feeling the game is not going the way he is used to play?