International Trip Details?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting lineup is the same as game 1. Looks like Fred will be the 6th man backing up Pickett and moving to point when Yuri needs a rest.

2Q | 2:58 | #Billikens 43, Stella Azzurra 20

Kellen Thames up to 10 points and five steals. SLU has 10 steals as a team.

Thames showing out.

Fraz likes this

I like that Parker seems to be getting a decent amount of run during this trip.  Hopefully that jumpstarts his acclimation from JUCO to D1.  He's definitely a wildcard this season who could raise the ceiling.  I wasn't necessarily counting on him for much this year with the "wing" position so crowded with more seasoned (Gibson, Thatch, Hargrove, Perkins, Pickett).  If he's playing his way into the rotation / stealing minutes from that quintet, it means big things.

11 minutes ago, Fraz said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChctiyOgel_/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Thames dominating, god this kid can be so good 

Might lead to questionable spacing but Yuri, Thames, and Thatch on the court at the same time would be suffocating for the other team

Bills By 40 and Fraz like this

24 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Might lead to questionable spacing but Yuri, Thames, and Thatch on the court at the same time would be suffocating for the other team

Yeah he’s a highlight waiting to happen, this year is gonna be awesome 

16 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Well now I'm worried about our defense if we gave up 59 points to team Drexel held to 47 and Virginia held to 24.

I know you did blue font so I get it.  In defense of the different scores - when you play tough D your offensive out put can suffer somewhat for a variety of reasons.  Normally  the opponents score is as much a result of how many possessions they had and the number of their possessions can be higher if you are scoring fast.  Not seeing the box score it is hard to say what actually caused the score.

RUBillsFan likes this

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChctiyOgel_/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Thames dominating, god this kid can be so good 

Thames is what we were hopping Nesbitt would be.

Lets get the party started 

20 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

do we still need to bring in that backup point guard that the mbm's were wringing their hands over?

Yep. Unless somehow we can get a big, I'd be ok with that too. 

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Well now I'm worried about our defense if we gave up 59 points to team Drexel held to 47 and Virginia held to 24.

I tend to look at defensive FG% and point spread, not points given up.  With the Bills' fast pace of play, the opponent has more posessions as well, thus more opportunities for the opposition team to score.

Some MBMs are acting like it would be a bad thing if SLU had a veteran backup PG because we already have Thames.  No one thinks we should grab a total scrub and automatically play him over Thames.  I'm also not ready to anoint Thames the 2nd coming of Penny Hardaway after a few games against sub-par competition in Europe.  Healthy competition for the backup PG spot would've been good for the team ditto more depth at PG. 

We had/have an extra scholarship & PG is the spot I see as having the least depth.  I hate "saving" scholarships.  Soderberg used to do it because he'd miss on all his primary recruiting targets and be left with no one to fill the spot.  I don't expect that from Ford.  However, it is understandable that Ford would have a tough time luring a good PG because there is so little playing time to offer behind Yuri.

BilliesBy40, ACE and cgeldmacher like this