International Trip Details?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here was a post I put up on Aug 5th on the "Open Scrimmage Thread" in response to Coach Ford's comment we need to take 26-28   3s per game.

"28  3PA would be quite a number.  If that comes to pass , the Bills would be a top 10 team in 3PA.  Of course it is not about attempts...it is about 3PM.  For some context, it would break down like this....

On 28  3PA/gm

8  3PM/gm  =  F...Time to shoot more 2s

9 /gm...........= D+...Still better off shooting 2s

10/ gm.........= B+....It's working ...keep them coming

11/gm...........= A+...Championship 3 team

As you can see the margin between greatness and mediocrity is small ...only 3 baskets....Remember though this is a difference of 9 pts/ gm which is huge and is within the spread of most of the meaningful games we will play  this season. It is a gamble to rain 3s but if the Bills can pull it off it will be a great year."

This was the first real test of Ford's statement(I didn't see any stats from Spain)as we had 28  3PA with 11  3PM and based on my previous comment above we passed with flying colors. There are some who will say this was not a real test as it was an exhibition game.  I would take issue with that as this was an away game...as in AWAY game ... in time , distance and environment....a true test. 

As I wrote above...11 3PM= Championship 3 team

11 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Does anyone know if this was actually a team, or a group of All-Star strung together to play college teams from the United States during the summer?

Best I can tell without seeing some player names is this is a group of lower level Italian Pros who are still Free Agents. They are playing several D-1 teams including Loyola Marymount.

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

PSA

Rammer was on with Frank talking about the Tour. Nothing new to add.  Rammer did mention he had a knee replaced this summer and is about a week from being able to ‘get back into the studio’. 

Would be nice to hear some reports on the new players, especially those who are expected to be key contributors like Pickett and Forrester. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

PSA

Rammer was on with Frank talking about the Tour. Nothing new to add.  Rammer did mention he had a knee replaced this summer and is about a week from being able to ‘get back into the studio’. 

He should hold off. Don’t wanna rush it. :)

This is a segue for one of the ‘Billiken board certified’ doctors to come in explaining how a knee replacement means that he may never broadcast again.

9 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

PSA

Oh no! He may never broadcast again! 

So do we try to recruit a replacement, or hit the transfer portal? 

Ok, so on further reflection, while I don’t think Rammer will be able to cut to commercial break as quickly with the replacement knee, he is a crafty veteran who will figure out a way charge forward and make the verbal slam dunk when needed.

Word from the recovery room following surgery is that Rammer’s first words after coming to were, “Oh, Doctor!!”

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

Considering in those highlights his chin almost hit the rim, I’d say maybe 

Reminds of the old Casey Stengel line when referring to the prospects of his 20 year old catcher Greg Goossen. He said, “ There’s Greg Goossen who’s 20 years old, and in 10 years he has a chance to be 30.”

No, but really, I think Thames has a chance to be a big-timer, maybe an all-time great Billiken. Travis has had very positive things to say about him.