International Trip Details?

It's been a busy summer for me so it's very possible I missed all this detail already but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone have details on this trip? When the 10 days of practice start? When does the trip start? How many games? Who do we play? Any streaming of the games? Open practices?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The Spain-Italy trip is August 12-21. I don't think any other details have officially been shared yet.

The tour is through this group.

https://worldstrides.com/international-sports-tours/

Vanderbilt is touring Italy and France at the same time through the same group.  That might be how the talk of a Vandy non conference game got started.

Pistol and SLUMedBilliken15 like this

5 hours ago, slufan13 said:

It's been a busy summer for me so it's very possible I missed all this detail already but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone have details on this trip? When the 10 days of practice start? When does the trip start? How many games? Who do we play? Any streaming of the games? Open practices?

Looks like training camp for the trip might of started yesterday per the teams Twitter.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/7/28/mens-basketball-billikens-heading-to-europe-in-august.aspx

The Billikens will play at least three games during the trip. Additionally, the team will be granted 10 days of practice prior to departing on the tour. Two practices are open to the public and free to attend:

• Sunday, July 31, 3 p.m. (Chaifetz Arena)
  • Friday, Aug. 5, 5 p.m. (Chaifetz Arena)
courtside and slufanskip like this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/7/28/mens-basketball-billikens-heading-to-europe-in-august.aspx

The Billikens will play at least three games during the trip. Additionally, the team will be granted 10 days of practice prior to departing on the tour. Two practices are open to the public and free to attend:

-nice, thanks

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I plan on being at both - anyone else?

Young Charles likes this

-the language in the announcement of "will play at least three games during the trip" is interesting to me, they don't know the game schedule? is it possible a team is just going to pop up and say let's play?

-I guess it is written in the NCAA Code somewhere that keeps teams from going on these trips for a month to get more practice time while in an international location

18 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Can stream tomorrow's scrimmage but not the Europe games 🙃 fml

image.png.e95180275e6320260b4486cca933e740.png

I too wish the Europe games were going to be streamed, but to be fair it's a lot easier to stream something from Chaifetz where they already have the hardware and staff available than from Europe.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I too wish the Europe games were going to be streamed, but to be fair it's a lot easier to stream something from Chaifetz where they already have the hardware and staff available than from Europe.

I totally get that, but us fans would be happy with a Facebook live stream from the bench. The bare minimum is easily achievable 

Young Charles likes this

-I have no idea what is needed to do a stream for a game from the trip, heck doesn't have to be live,  perhaps more than I can think of would go into it but it sure seems like it wouldn't take a whole lot, if the ADept is going to issue highlight packages then they have the video

-if CFord wants to say he doesn't want it for scouting purposes I would accept that, not sure any other reason would fly