Uniform Concepts for Schools Without a Football Program #26: Saint Louis Billikens

10 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Pretty generic. The old Billiken hockey unis in the 70s were the best design, and I dig the new shorts the guys have been wearing so far to practice....love the look Ford has adopted as the city's team with the arch on the back.

Smart to try to monopolize SLU as the city's team prior to Lindenwood's entry to D1. I know they are in a lesser conference (and most of you probably don't consider them a legit threat), but they have a brand of good athletics (for their level of competition) for all sports and they have skyrocketed upward in terms of level of competition (NAIA to D2 to now D1) recently. 

12 hours ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Smart to try to monopolize SLU as the city's team prior to Lindenwood's entry to D1. I know they are in a lesser conference (and most of you probably don't consider them a legit threat), but they have a brand of good athletics (for their level of competition) for all sports and they have skyrocketed upward in terms of level of competition (NAIA to D2 to now D1) recently. 

Lindenwood can be a hockey pipeline, their women's program has produced some pros and Kendall Coyne's younger sister played there for a year as well.

Just now, Brighton said:

Any thread involving you and Big Bills Fan would most definitely be in the conversation.

i know that's why you have to be really honored to be in such high company.

38 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i know that's why you have to be really honored to be in such high company.

I usually don’t read any of this posters threads and have him on ignore but I saw you posted so I bit.

This clown has posted he wished SLU would have ended the basketball program and kept the hockey program.  When I read that nonsense on a basketball board I knew he was a hockey fan not a basketball fan.

I hope all is well with you.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:11 AM, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

SIU-E is 22.6 miles from downtown St. Louis.  Lindenwood is 27.8 miles from downtown St. Louis per googlemaps.

SIU-E has been in the same conference that Lindenwood is joining since 2008 when they made the similar move to D1.  SIU-E has been zero threat to our presence as St. Louis's basketball team or to our recruiting.  My point: I'm not worried about Lindenwood.

BilliesBy40 and AGB91 like this