OT: Savannah Bananas

Dayton gets lots of people for their basketball games because there is nothing else going on there, you can bet their tickets are not particularly inexpensive. Savannah Bananas may be in the same kind of situation, therefore they can charge whatever they want per ticket. You add to that the all you can eat feature and the band playing and you have something more like a circus than a basketball game.

Disney world is like that (without the basketball), stay in the property and buy prepaid meals and drinks and you might as well have gone to a different world. Whoever does the marketing for these Savannah Bananas knows how to sell.

Old Guy you don't know what you're talking about.  Savannah is a great town to visit with a lot to do.  It's beautiful, there's some funkiness to it due to the Art Institute being there mixed with the Old South.  Plus it's near the beach.  They have a huge St. Patrick's Day celebration. 

Looks fun and they're going to the extreme to bring in fans to minor league baseball.

My wife and i went to savannah this past spring instead of the A10 tourney when Washington DC was pretty much of a mess due to the overreaction to covid at the time.   I told my wife i wasnt going to go there and then have the trip ruined by all the unnecessary covid rules and requirements.  She said, "we are going somewhere i already took vacation and cant take it back."   

so off we flew to savannah and it was a fantastic trip.   the history of the city is incredible.   the tours of the old mansions.   the restaurants were fantastic.  definitely didnt have a bad meal.   stayed at a hotel that was a civil war hospital in the day.   it was beyond great.  plus we could watch the a-10 tourney on tv at our hotel.  so we still saw the billikens and found this wonderful city.

if anyone is looking for a great couples getaway, i highly recommend savannah.   

p.s. bannanas wear everywhere.   and definitely over priced.   i passed on the $30 t-shirts.   however i would love to take in a game.   crazy stuff.  

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Old Guy you don't know what you're talking about.  Savannah is a great town to visit with a lot to do.  It's beautiful, there's some funkiness to it due to the Art Institute being there mixed with the Old South.  Plus it's near the beach.  They have a huge St. Patrick's Day celebration. 

Looks fun and they're going to the extreme to bring in fans to minor league baseball.

I have gone to Savannah for meetings and agree it is a lovely town, at least the old portion of the town and the old riverfront down below. Food is great ("butter is better"), very nice experience. I thought the bananas were a basketball team, but apparently it is not.

12 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

$30 is kinda the going rate anymore…

i might pay that for my two sport teams, the billikens and the atlanta braves assuming the design is cool, but not for any other t-shirt.   

11 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

so off we flew to savannah and it was a fantastic trip.   the history of the city is incredible.   the tours of the old mansions.   the restaurants were fantastic.  definitely didnt have a bad meal.   stayed at a hotel that was a civil war hospital in the day.   it was beyond great.  plus we could watch the a-10 tourney on tv at our hotel.  so we still saw the billikens and found this wonderful city.

if anyone is looking for a great couples getaway, i highly recommend savannah. 

I’m glad you and the Mrs. enjoyed Savannah. It really is a wonderful place. I can’t wait to go back.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a five game season ticket holder for the past five years as I live in nearby Jacksonville, FL.  Sold the two games I didn’t go to this year for over $500, much more than I paid for the 5 games.  It’s an amazing experience, a lot of fun and all you can eat food and sodas for the ticket price.  Plus they are actually a very good summer league team, winning the CPL last year.