SLU Vs SIUC Dec 30th 1993

6 hours ago, thetorch said:

I wrote a thread.  Enjoy.

I'll have to ask my dad about all this, he's been doing stats for the team since '85 and does them for TV now. I was raised in the Soderbergh era where we floated for a while, but can't imagine winning only 1 conference game in 3 years.

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I'll have to ask my dad about all this, he's been doing stats for the team since '85 and does them for TV now. I was raised in the Soderbergh era where we floated for a while, but can't imagine winning only 1 conference game in 3 years.

It was 2 years.  I think I wrote in there we went 1-20, it was 1-19 over 2 seasons.  We did also get a win over Marquette in the Great Midwest Tourney in the 2nd year as well.

3 hours ago, thetorch said:

It was 2 years.  I think I wrote in there we went 1-20, it was 1-19 over 2 seasons.  We did also get a win over Marquette in the Great Midwest Tourney in the 2nd year as well.

I have little to no knowledge of the era between the Valley and CUSA, so I will take your word for it, sounds like a bit of a dark time.

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I have little to no knowledge of the era between the Valley and CUSA, so I will take your word for it, sounds like a bit of a dark time.

Very very dark.  Not as bad as Crews though as there was some upside to it.  My next thread will deal with the disastrous 91-92 season.

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-thanks for the great trip down memory lane

-is Jahidi White in St Louis?

I believe so.  His son is Jai White a 2023 recruit who plays AAU in the area but lives in New Hampshire.

I've posted it before but my Dad was up from Texas visiting. They are big UT fans and were Dallas Mav season ticket holders. We went to the game and had to sit up near the top in the corner. He's like who the f//k is SLU and how the hell do they have 17k+ at their games? Until he passed we'd laugh about that all the time.