Women's Basketball 2022-2023

Pistol

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Per Colin Suhre on our show a few weeks ago, Clegg still has a season to use if she wants to. Which is crazy, given how she's already stacking degrees, but I think between redshirts and the bonus, she's still got it.

I thought Martinez would be back - being honored on senior night seems to indicate otherwise.

We'll probably see transfers, though.

Is Peyton coming back? Her game, like those of Brooke and Julia, has exploded under Tillet. Huge improvement. But in her post game interview she lamented the fact this was her last game in Chaifetz. Hopefully I misinterpreted the tone of the comment….

26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'm 95% sure that was Flowers. I think they interviewed Tillett, Flowers then Kennedy.

I'm still surprised Julia isn't using her extra year. Maybe she wants to go out with a career year.

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If I'm looking at this right, we're a 3 seed with a win Saturday? Wish this game was played at home before the boys game starts.

They are tied for 3rd right now with Fordham and GeeDubya, but own the tiebreaker with both of them since they beat Fordham 87-84 and beat GeeDubya 76-64. Beat Loy-Chi and they have the 3 seed in the tourney

2 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

They are tied for 3rd right now with Fordham and GeeDubya, but own the tiebreaker with both of them since they beat Fordham 87-84 and beat GeeDubya 76-64. Beat Loy-Chi and they have the 3 seed in the tourney

They can legitimately go on a run in the tournament if they get a double bye with the 3 seed.

10 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

We just beat the best team in the conference.  So, why not?  How crazy would it be if they won the A-10 tournament?

The kind of crazy that March Madness was built for! Get in our program's first NCAA tournament on the backs of a new coach and some transfers? Why not?

43 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The kind of crazy that March Madness was built for! Get in our program's first NCAA tournament on the backs of a new coach and some transfers? Why not?

That’s why it’s called March Madness, not March Sanity Check!

First step, beat Loy-Chi.  

59 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

It's actually the Lisa Stone holdovers that are doing most of the heavy lifting - Flowers, Martinez, Kennedy.

18 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yep. I'm not ready to crown her yet, but it's a good sign that she has been able to mesh the holdovers and transfers to get to this point.

I'll never argue that this couldn't have happened with Coach Stone and her players catching fire like they have, but I'm framing how the narrative will go in the media if they make it.

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

It's actually the Lisa Stone holdovers that are doing most of the heavy lifting - Flowers, Martinez, Kennedy.

Wait! so you mean a new coach can actually coach up players even if the previous coach could not?  No way this can't be true because everything I read on the men's side is we can not change the coach because we will fall behind - rubbish.  Good for Coach T

6 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I'll never argue that this couldn't have happened with Coach Stone and her players catching fire like they have, but I'm framing how the narrative will go in the media if they make it.

I have only seen a couple of games but how are the x’s and 0’s compared between the 2 coaches. Any great differences?

8 hours ago, willie said:

I have only seen a couple of games but how are the x’s and 0’s compared between the 2 coaches. Any great differences?

I feel like early on Tillett was relying on her Longwood players (ie McMakin) to make an impact which didn't really work well. I think about midway through the season she realized playing SLU style women's basketball (good defense and scoring inside while developing one really good three point shooter) was better than playing Longwood basketball (which seemed to be give the ball to McMakin).

9 hours ago, willie said:

Early on the offense wasn’t working well at all, it relied more on perimeter shooting, and defense wasn’t great. The defense has improved tremendously, and the offense has changed into attacking the hoop in the paint, and taking better shots from range. They also always have fight, late in a game if they are down they keep battling.