Women's Basketball 2022-2023

Pistol

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

2nd half of the season has shown the Lisa Stone holdouts are shouldering the bulk of the offense and defense. 

The improvement of Martinez from last year to this year is stunning.  Almost a Conklin kind of thing. If only she had a three point shot….

Lord Elrond likes this

2 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

The improvement of Martinez from last year to this year is stunning.  Almost a Conklin kind of thing. If only she had a three point shot….

Julia Martinez has made a dramatic improvement in her play. She plays with enthusiasm and makes the players around her better.

13 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Julia Martinez has made a dramatic improvement in her play. She plays with enthusiasm and makes the players around her better.

She's really been a bright spot all season, either defensively or, more recently, offensively.

3 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Big victory tonight over a good Fordham team.

Mcmakin was on tonight another 30+ game. Flowers with a 20/10, Martinez with a double double as well in assists and rebounds.

Wild ending to that game. Fordham steal and layup to tie…blocking foul caller at mid court where McMakin hits 2.

A huge win! Fordham is one of the better teams in the A10.  Kyla McMakin was on, 33 pts, Brooke Flowers had one of the best games of her career, 23 pts 12 rebounds for her double double. Julia Martinez gets a double double the hard way, 13 rebounds 12 assists, but only 6 pts (she had a lot of layups bounce out for some reason). I thought the defense was good, but Fordham was just hitting on every piece of junk they were throwing up in the 2nd and 3rd period (they shot 60% in the 2nd period and 70% in the 3rd) to take the lead, but the Billikens hung tough and the law of averages caught up with Fordham, they shot 27% in the fourth (and only 16% from 3pt range). Peyton Kennedy had a monster game off the bench, 17 pts and 5 rebounds). Camree Clegg did go out with an injury on a more somber note. They are starting to really come together as a team.

7 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Yeah, I might need to visit my doctor for high blood pressure meds after seeing that…

BUT, a win is a win…

Going out for drinks after probably didn't help my blood pressure 😂😂 best game the women have played all year in terms of grit and perseverance!

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Former Billiken Ciaja Harbison surpassed the 2,000 career point mark this past week. Today, she added to that in an 88-79 win over Texas A&M:

41 pts

14-19 FG

11-13 FT

2-4 3’s

She was/is something special. 

2 hours ago, courtside said:

Former Billiken Ciaja Harbison surpassed the 2,000 career point mark this past week. Today, she added to that in an 88-79 win over Texas A&M:

41 pts

14-19 FG

11-13 FT

2-4 3’s

Decent numbers.

68-56 win over George Mason, Brooke Flowers got a Triple-Double with 11 Pts, 18 Rebs, 11 Blocks, which gives her the first Triple-Double in the history of the program, and she also broke the season blocks record (she has 96 this year).  Kyla McMakin get 22 pts, Julia Martinez 10 pts, and 8 each for Mia Nicastro and Peyton Kennedy. Overall both teams shooting was low, the Billikens line was 24/23.5/61.5, and George Mason’s line was 34.4/15.8/72.4. The crowd was large and loud on Education Day, which probably affected both teams.  By the way, if you have a room full of kids and want them to make as much noise as possible, Dre is the man to make it happen. SLU is now 4-5 in conference.

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

4-5 in conference. Last year’s team won 5 conference games total.

Last year's team won some of those games with only 7 (and in one case 6) players available. And some games were lost with pretty much the same situation. I give last year's team a big pass.

8 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Last year's team won some of those games with only 7 (and in one case 6) players available. And some games were lost with pretty much the same situation. I give last year's team a big pass.

And the year before we had one of the biggest covid layoffs of any D-I team in the country, so we played fewer games. This is why it was so shocking that they let go of Stone.

3 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

And the year before we had one of the biggest covid layoffs of any D-I team in the country, so we played fewer games. This is why it was so shocking that they let go of Stone.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna go there but I agree.