College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown 2022-23

16 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Grant Golden was my nemesis and I'm glad he's gone lol.

Gilyard was my nemesis so small and dangerous with 3 point shots and steals.

Even worse he went to high school in Missouri and I don’t think SLU offered but should have.

Golden was good as a freshman and frustrated SLU bigs for 5 seasons however Jimmy Bell had a good game against Golden.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CBFan said:

Gilyard was my nemesis so small and dangerous with 3 point shots and steals.

Even worse he went to high school in Missouri and I don’t think SLU offered but should have.

Golden was good as a freshman and frustrated SLU bigs for 5 seasons however Jimmy Bell had a good game against Golden.

I have no rational reason other than the hair 😂

CBFan likes this

13 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I have no rational reason other than the hair 😂

Made me laugh I did not like the hair either.

When I would see Golden I would always say cut your hair hippie.

When SLU won the conference tournament when they played Richmond they kept showing Golden’s mom and interviewed her and I was annoyed by it so that would be a good reason.

Box and Won likes this

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

Made me laugh I did not like the hair either.

When I would see Golden I would always say cut your hair hippie.

When SLU won the conference tournament when they played Richmond they kept showing Golden’s mom and interviewed her and I was annoyed by it so that would be a good reason.

I don't mind long hair on guys, but make it make sense. Flowing locks like that seem like it would make basketball difficult! Plus being called Golden with Golden hair just opened me up to calling him "Sister Golden Hair" every game.

CBFan likes this

58 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I don't mind long hair on guys, but make it make sense. Flowing locks like that seem like it would make basketball difficult! Plus being called Golden with Golden hair just opened me up to calling him "Sister Golden Hair" every game.

Don't we all love TJ's Hair?

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/20949

VCU #50, 3rd in A10, and slotted for the NIT

Previously:

Loyola 55

Richmond 79

Davidson 91

George Mason 115

Rhode Island 133

UMass 137

Quad 1 and Quad 2 game status depends if they are Home, Neutral or Away.  But each of these 7, plus SLU and Dayton, have chances of being at least Q2, if the Top 144 guesswork comes true.

19 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Guess those guys didn’t really grind my gears like the guys I mentioned. Maybe Gilyard.   

I just thought about some seniors in the league from last year. Williams or Luka didn't bug me either. Just was trying to make the point that these four year guys from legit programs aren't going anywhere. If a coach like Schmidt (just an example) really underperforms (I've had this discussion before on here, and it is a hill I'll die on. He cost Bona the 5 starters' extra covid year) with talented guys, they'll leave. That's really the only reason high end/established guys have left. Fatts left bc Rhody was a dumpster fire. Fordham's transfers out have left Fordham. The same goes for Duquesne. 

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

1 1/2 hours is too long for me to listen.  Give us a recap.  Thanks in advance.

Its too hard to tell without writing it down where each of the 3 guys ranked SLU players, since thats a list of 63 names being thrown around. 

But what kinda shocked me is how "down" they all seemed on Okoro.  I believe one guy might have put him at like 20th, but no one else had him high.  Also the other shocking part is how high they are on Camara. 

What was mentioned a few times is how you cant have both Perkins and Jimerson on the list very high because they will take from each other.  While I agree if the list was who is the top scorer, what they said is irrelevant if you're talking about best players.

44 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Its too hard to tell without writing it down where each of the 3 guys ranked SLU players, since thats a list of 63 names being thrown around. 

But what kinda shocked me is how "down" they all seemed on Okoro.  I believe one guy might have put him at like 20th, but no one else had him high.  Also the other shocking part is how high they are on Camara. 

What was mentioned a few times is how you cant have both Perkins and Jimerson on the list very high because they will take from each other.  While I agree if the list was who is the top scorer, what they said is irrelevant if you're talking about best players.

This account plotted out where each person ranked each player in their respective 21 

HoosierPal likes this

43 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Nobody appreciates a traditional big man unless he's on their team.  They're effective but not the most exciting players to watch.

34 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Not that I necessarily agree, but I think the fact that they were / are "down" on Okoro had to do with not wanting to list 4 guys from SLU in the top 20.  They said that a team with 4 in the top 20 should be an easy favorite to win the conference with only 1 or 2 losses during conference play.  They didn't see SLU at that level which I think is probably fair.

They also seemed to fluctuate between selecting "best" players based on their talent level or "best" based on the numbers they expect them to put up / likelihood they'll end up on an all-conference team at year end.  It is fair to think that with the weapons on offense SLU has, the scoring will likely be more spread out.

Agreed on them overrating Camara.  I think they also overrated a bunch of mediocre guys who will be on bad teams (Grant, Tre Williams, Quisenberry, Reynolds, Bishop, etc.).  Okoro is easily better than those guys.  You could make a case for Thatch & Pickett being better or just as good as them.  Same goes for a few guys on Dayton they didn't mention 

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Not that I necessarily agree, but I think the fact that they were / are "down" on Okoro had to do with not wanting to list 4 guys from SLU in the top 20.  They said that a team with 4 in the top 20 should be an easy favorite to win the conference with only 1 or 2 losses during conference play.  They didn't see SLU at that level which I think is probably fair.

it had less to do with making the list as it had to do with the convo and making it sound like he's light years away from Holmes.  Also if you're going to have 5 guys from one team last year, 4 isn't earth breaking.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, willie said:

TJ is our guy so it’s okay.

On 9/21/2022 at 11:07 AM, willie said:

TJ is my favorite player personality-wise and I have a personal rapport with him so I like it, yes, lol.

SLUMedBilliken15 and CBFan like this

I liked the pod but I thought they were too high on Holmes.

These guys do have biases, there is a big dayton & UMass bias there.  I think too they rated a lot of players high who just happen to be the best player on a bad team instead of multiple good players on good teams.

They did make a good point that if you have 4 top 20 guys you should run away with the league.  They also made a point that last year they had really bad picks.

Let's not overrate Okoro.  He is a nice offensive traditional big.  His athleticism is not great.  His rim protection is not elite.  He guards the post well.  He can't pass or dribble.  Or shoot from outside of 10-12 feet.

Frankly I think we have 3 top 7 players in the league in Jimerson, Perkins, and Collins.  Then we have Okoro, Thatch, & Pickett who are all in the top 40-50.  Not too bad.

cgeldmacher likes this

17 hours ago, wgstl said:

+

21 hours ago, wgstl said:

Like Maris took away from Mantle. 

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

I liked the pod but I thought they were too high on Holmes.

These guys do have biases, there is a big dayton & UMass bias there.  I think too they rated a lot of players high who just happen to be the best player on a bad team instead of multiple good players on good teams.

They did make a good point that if you have 4 top 20 guys you should run away with the league.  They also made a point that last year they had really bad picks.

Let's not overrate Okoro.  He is a nice offensive traditional big.  His athleticism is not great.  His rim protection is not elite.  He guards the post well.  He can't pass or dribble.  Or shoot from outside of 10-12 feet.

Frankly I think we have 3 top 7 players in the league in Jimerson, Perkins, and Collins.  Then we have Okoro, Thatch, & Pickett who are all in the top 40-50.  Not too bad.

Okoro is a top 3 big in the conference.  If he's not top 20, he's very close.