College Sports Madness Top 144 Countdown 2022-23

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, slu72 said:

Nothing in the news. If he is, then he’s an idiot. I don’t think he is, but old habits are hard to break. 

The recent news is that one of the guys in the Louisville/Adidas scandal wrote a book and in it he says Pitino knew about / authorized payments to players.  It is just re-hashing old stuff that most people already knew about / assumed.

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

The recent news is that one of the guys in the Louisville/Adidas scandal wrote a book and in it he says Pitino knew about / authorized payments to players.  It is just re-hashing old stuff that most people already knew about / assumed.

Of course he did. None of the head coaches [Bill Self Bruce Pearl} are innocent. 

14 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

This is going to look bad in a few months I'm thinking

Don't get Richmond at all. Sure, a 1st-teamer returns. What else? 2 backups with experience, and then transfers + frosh that seem no better than a middling haul. Not great coaching. I'd be shocked if they finish above 100 in KenPom or above .500 in A-10. 

SLU_Lax likes this

On 8/17/2022 at 6:05 PM, Billiken Rich said:

Really......as long as the hookers and blow are part of your NIL deal,  I can't see where the NCAA would have an issue

The only way that works is if after the player bangs the hooker he starts promoting her on his social media account and she gives him a percentage of her profits. 

It kind of makes the player a pimp but it should qualify as a NIL deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Right below Drake, at number 67 is Maryland, who we play in the early season event.  MD is losing its top 2 scorers, one of whom we were familiar with, Fats Russell. MD is picked 9th in the Big Ten.  It seems to me that Miami will be the favorite to win that event.

As I look at the remaining teams I am hoping we come in as part of the 30-40 group.  It is nice to be rated ahead of teams like Cincy, Louisville and Syracuse.

HoosierPal likes this

28 minutes ago, bauman said:

Right below Drake, at number 67 is Maryland, who we play in the early season event.  MD is losing its top 2 scorers, one of whom we were familiar with, Fats Russell. MD is picked 9th in the Big Ten.  It seems to me that Miami will be the favorite to win that event.

As I look at the remaining teams I am hoping we come in as part of the 30-40 group.  It is nice to be rated ahead of teams like Cincy, Louisville and Syracuse.

Had no idea Fatts was at Maryland. The free transfers are really ruining the concept of the conference nemesis. The days of guys like Holloway at Xavier, Nicholson at SBU, Crutcher at Dayton for what seemed like forever appear to be no more. 

With 3 returning players, MIZ  comes in at #62, 9th in the SEC.  I know gates has a couple of good recruits, but he better get them playing together quickly, although if I recall they have a OOC schedule filled with Little Sisters of the Poor quality teams.

Butler 63, K-St 61.  Maybe the two recruits out of STL a couple of years ago should have picked SLU, if they wanted to go to a better program, with a better chance of going to the NCAAs

Davis likes this

On 9/6/2022 at 12:33 PM, gobillsgo said:

Had no idea Fatts was at Maryland. The free transfers are really ruining the concept of the conference nemesis. The days of guys like Holloway at Xavier, Nicholson at SBU, Crutcher at Dayton for what seemed like forever appear to be no more. 

Like Jacob Gilyard, Grant Golden, Luka Brajkovic, and Vince Williams?

On 9/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, bauman said:

With 3 returning players, MIZ  comes in at #62, 9th in the SEC.  I know gates has a couple of good recruits, but he better get them playing together quickly, although if I recall they have a OOC schedule filled with Little Sisters of the Poor quality teams.

Butler 63, K-St 61.  Maybe the two recruits out of STL a couple of years ago should have picked SLU, if they wanted to go to a better program, with a better chance of going to the NCAAs

I like your second paragraph. 

22 hours ago, slu72 said:

I’m convinced Davidson is rated too low. Last year picked 5th or 6th in conference and won regular season title. Yeah, dad’s gone and son takes over but guess who’ll be sending notes to the bench? Davidson is never bad. 

Yeah and we don't play well at their house,albeit a small sample size, 0-3.

The team I'll be watching, particularly when they get to conference play, is UMass.  They likely will take time to gel, but they could start 6'10" Leveque, 6'9" Gapare, 6'7"  Cross across the front and 6'2" Diggins and 5'11" Fernandes in the back.  Then bring 6'8" Woodley and 6'8" Thompson off the bench.   Martin set up a relatively easy OOC schedule for the Minutemen.   They will be better than the 9th in A10 where Top 144 slotted them.

cgeldmacher likes this