Happy Father's Day

16 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to all the Board people who are Fathers, all the MBB and WBB fathers, and the fathers of all the various SLU sports! I am not a father, I am a 26 year old single fella who loves the Billikens, lol.

Being 26 years old                      Loving Steely Dan

🤝

BrettJollyComedyHour                    BillsBy40

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

Being 26 years old                      Loving Steely Dan

🤝

BrettJollyComedyHour                    BillsBy40

Late Millennial Dan lovers unite! 

Aww. I’m late to respond here but nothing better than a father taking their kiddo to a billiken game :) my dad and I still do- and, yes I’m biased, but he is The GOAT! :)

happy belated Father’s Day guys! I believe good dads are essential for making the world a better place- so keep up the good work :)

4 hours ago, BilliKat said:

Aww. I’m late to respond here but nothing better than a father taking their kiddo to a billiken game :) my dad and I still do- and, yes I’m biased, but he is The GOAT! :)

happy belated Father’s Day guys! I believe good dads are essential for making the world a better place- so keep up the good work :)

I wonder what % of MBMs on here were introduced to Billiken basketball by their dads.  I was.  I'm guessing it would be very high.

13 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I wonder what % of MBMs on here were introduced to Billiken basketball by their dads.  I was.  I'm guessing it would be very high.

I was. My dad was introduced by his dad and has been watching them since the late 60s/early 70s. He's also been faithfully keeping stats at the TV table since 1985.

15 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I. Dad started bringing be months after I was born, season ticket holder my entire life. 

15 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I know at least a couple of us on here owe that to our grandpa

my parents and grandparents never even went to college and had no idea of any degree of success or quality of saint louis university.   they were all just thrilled i was going to college.  

i am the beginning of a slu chain in my family.   my wife (a year younger than me) went to slu.   my son went to slu.    both of my grandchildren tell everyone they will be billikens (i oversold this.   my daughter-in-law works at wash u and as long as she is employed and her kids can qualify for wash u (they are both extremely smart i am betting they will be wash u material) her kids get free tuition at wash u.)   now i cant convince them there might be a better college than saint louis university.  

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

I. Dad started bringing be months after I was born, season ticket holder my entire life. 

Same here.  Went to games at 3 months old.  Dad will be a 50 year season ticket holder this season.

My grandfather took my father to games starting when he was 3 in the 53-54 season.

19 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

My earliest Billiken memories are sitting with my Dad at Keil Auditorium watching Bonner, Gray, and Douglas play in the NIT.

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

my parents and grandparents never even went to college and had no idea of any degree of success or quality of saint louis university.   they were all just thrilled i was going to college.  

i am the beginning of a slu chain in my family.   my wife (a year younger than me) went to slu.   my son went to slu.    both of my grandchildren tell everyone they will be billikens (i oversold this.   my daughter-in-law works at wash u and as long as she is employed and her kids can qualify for wash u (they are both extremely smart i am betting they will be wash u material) her kids get free tuition at wash u.)   now i cant convince them there might be a better college than saint louis university.  

Roy, if they can get free tuition they should go there and stay there for as long as the free tuition holds. Student loans are a terrible load on young people starting their careers.