Chaifetz Home Court Advantage

14 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

From the perspective of a recent student, we just need to win to drive better attendance. Buzz was starting to grow last year when we had the small winning streak in conference play. Better opponents will help too, as nobody wants to skip out on a party to watch us stomp Eastern Illinois by 40. With the improved schedule this year and the hype the team has, I think we’ll see the best student turnout we’ve had in a long time.

Where have we heard this before 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Exactly. Moving the section is too drastic, I think that’s what we’ve learned from the discussion here. Instead for certain games that get lower interest from students, let’s maximize the atmosphere created by the limited number of students by forcing them closer to the court and closer to each other instead of 250-300 students spread out across 1000 seats

I like this plan.  The only drawback I see is that for games against lesser opponents right now you want as many bodies as possible inside the arena.  Forcing students to register 48 hours in advance is going to mean some students who would walk up to the game are going to be left out.  I supposed you could allow student walk ups & just give them unused seats in other areas of the arena near the student section.  I’d just like to keep things as simple as possible/ as few barriers as possible for students attending games until the demand increases.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I like this plan.  The only drawback I see is that for games against lesser opponents right now you want as many bodies as possible inside the arena.  Forcing students to register 48 hours in advance is going to mean some students who would walk up to the game are going to be left out.  I supposed you could allow student walk ups & just give them unused seats in other areas of the arena near the student section.  I’d just like to keep things as simple as possible/ as few barriers as possible for students attending games until the demand increases.

The registration is a suggestion, not a requirement. Mostly just for estimating student attendees 

RUBillsFan likes this