Backup Point Guard

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tate is to be believed inhis interview with Frank, Yuri got some bad info and jumped right into the portal with it.  He reconsidered for whatever reason.  You want to say that's best for his family, please back it up with some cold hard facts and info.  Bottom line is the MBM universe doe snot know.  So let it go at that unless you got something.

None thi s, however, changes my belief on next year.  That's a pure wait-n-see.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

If Tate is to be believed inhis interview with Frank, Yuri got some bad info and jumped right into the portal with it.  He reconsidered for whatever reason.  You want to say that's best for his family, please back it up with some cold hard facts and info.  Bottom line is the MBM universe doe snot know.  So let it go at that unless you got something.

None thi s, however, changes my belief on next year.  That's a pure wait-n-see.

He was exploring his options 

Of course Yuri was exploring his options, and he, according to what has been posted in this board, was offered a significant amount of money to come back. I do not know if what was discussed in this board is correct or not. What we know with absolute certainty is that he is playing for SLU for the coming season. Therefore, we must assume that SLU was the best option available to Yuri and his family for this coming season.

This year we have seen any number of players that have gone where the money offered to them was best. There is no reason to assume that Yuri should be different than the other players who entered the portal to explore their options.

In the age of NILs, money talks, and players do what is best for themselves and their families, period. The MBM universe has yet to digest the fact that money will be the reason for the better players choosing what program they will play with for in a given season. Money is King, there is no use to pretend otherwise.

Coach314 and Major Majerus like this

On 6/15/2022 at 10:06 PM, Old guy said:

I just hope Yuri plays in any  post season games we get and not pull a cute thing like he did last year, which cost us any NIT chance we might have had. I hope the NIL contract he got specified that he had to play the whole regular season, the conference tournament plus any post conference tournaments we might be invited to next season.

In reality, what difference would the NIT have made? NCAA, sure...you want everyone on board (and that would be much easier)...but the NIT? 

Hopefully we don't see the 3 letters of failure again for a long time. 

24 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

In reality, what difference would the NIT have made? NCAA, sure...you want everyone on board (and that would be much easier)...but the NIT? 

Hopefully we don't see the 3 letters of failure again for a long time. 

Let's start by saying that income is a major factor in the way people at large decide to change jobs. As it happens elsewhere, those that can get it will go for the better income and change jobs. The possibility for going up the ladder is not available for most people, but they can go for a better income and better working conditions. This is what is happening with NILs and college players now.

We can analyze this process from different angles: 1. The team would not have obtained substantial benefits from a fair run in the NIT. 2. Yuri would have been at risk of injury, or additional injury, by playing in the NIT which would not have been good for his NBA evaluation. 3. From the point of view of maximizing his potential NIL income any new or additional injury would have had a negative effect.

Once a person or a player starts thinking about what is best for him and his family in terms of money as his/her primary motivator, the nature of the equation changes. Yuri did what was best for him and his family, period.

37 minutes ago, Brighton said:

The container on vessel port that will be coming soon will be a game changer for the region and Midwest.

It really can't be overstated how big this could be.  Let's just hope it actually happens.  Right now it looks like it is a go,  The fact that Doe Run won't sell the land, but instead wants to lease it out signals to me they think it is going to happen and they want to reap the rewards of huge lease payments down the line.

It will dramatically change Jefferson County.  Not just the huge influx of new jobs and commerce, but the infrastructure that will be built to move the containers quickly in and out of the port.  That impact will spill over to Randolph and Monroe Counties in Illinois as a new bridge in or near Herculaneum crossing the Mississippi will have to be built.

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It really can't be overstated how big this could be.  Let's just hope it actually happens.  Right now it looks like it is a go,  The fact that Doe Run won't sell the land, but instead wants to lease it out signals to me they think it is going to happen and they want to reap the rewards of huge lease payments down the line.

It will dramatically change Jefferson County.  Not just the huge influx of new jobs and commerce, but the infrastructure that will be built to move the containers quickly in and out of the port.  That impact will spill over to Randolph and Monroe Counties in Illinois as a new bridge in or near Herculaneum crossing the Mississippi will have to be built.

What does this have to do with a Back Up Point Guard?  Is our Back Up PG coming from another country on a cargo ship?

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What does this have to do with a Back Up Point Guard?  Is our Back Up PG coming from another country on a cargo ship?

If he can handle the ball and play defense he can come over however he wants. 

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

The container on vessel port that will be coming soon will be a game changer for the region and Midwest.

I'm actually in this industry and question I ask is, 'who is putting up their own money to make this work?  No one has given me an answer.  The container vessels moving up and down the river aren't free and can't be used for anything else.  Has anyone raised their hand and said, 'yes, put me down for 2 container vessels to move containers up and down the river.'

It may work, it may not, but it takes a lot of other people's money to get the conversation started.  

This is a step forward in becoming a reality.

https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/25-million-earmarked-for-new-container-port-in-jefferson-county-as-plan-moves-forward/amp/

https://freightweekstl.thefreightway.com/may-23-2022-cov/

For once, can STLans please stop poopooing an opportunity to make the region better ? Look around you. Every city within the midwestern region is passing you by. 

58 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You don’t have to read it. Shocking, I know. It sure beats saying Yuri will leave next year without any factual evidence.

dlarry likes this

1 hour ago, someoneelse said:

I'm actually in this industry and question I ask is, 'who is putting up their own money to make this work?  No one has given me an answer. 

It is pretty obvious, the NIL our new, Back Up Point Guard will make should be enough to make this work.  Since he won't be playing much, tutoring Thames, he will have plenty of time to develop this project.

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

What does Doe Run have to do with this?

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Our new Back Up PG went to Doe Run University. He averaged 17 assists per game in only 12 mpg. He is used to being a back up. 

good good.  a lot of good ballers in the greater Farmington region

slufanskip likes this

On 6/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, wgstl said:

What does Doe Run have to do with this?

Also Doe Run is going to have to do an environmental clean up on this land.  That’s going to be very expensive.  One way to do the cleanup is to put a concrete cap of a certain thickness in it.  So for Doe Run it would be cheaper to turn it into a usable/leasable space then it would to do the cleanup they are responsible for.  The other thing is rail to have a port you need to be able to turn a string of rail cars around while connected.  I think that number is in the 100-125 car range.  It’s one of the only properties that has the space to do this in the area.  

brianstl likes this