Snowflake Colorado Avalanche fans trying to cancel Rammer

This whole situation has ruined the playoffs for me. I want the Blues to win, but I can't stand the social media brigading against St. Louis; calling our city and franchise "dirty", "racist", or "Islamaphobic" over this is peak social media crapola. Now it's spilling over to another winter pastime here and it's on my final nerve.

stmdragons likes this

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Our friend Nate only likes violence and wanting blood when he's on the giving end, I suppose. 

These are excellent finds.  This Nate guy is a total ******-wagon.

Screenshots in case he deletes the tweets:

image.png.deebeff61d1de1e6949038febe9fa6b9.png

image.png.c0f292bb5ce82bc0de3077c0396d3cba.png

image.png.86f87f10e55bfcafea634ecd7769cdaf.png

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

The media both online and off in this country is too far gone. The older I get the more I go into IDGAF mode.

posting when NGAF seems like a bit much. u should just stop posting if u DGAF

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

This whole situation has ruined the playoffs for me. I want the Blues to win, but I can't stand the social media brigading against St. Louis; calling our city and franchise "dirty", "racist", or "Islamaphobic" over this is peak social media crapola. Now it's spilling over to another winter pastime here and it's on my final nerve.

I don’t think the hit was necessarily dirty…..It was unfortunate but I hate that it has turned a jerk into a hero. Kadri is a dirty dirty player he is a very unlikeable player and now the media is making him out to be a misunderstood martyr, it’s gross. 

No matter what gross things are said about Kadri on Twitter it doesn’t take away the fact that he is a jerk on the ice and a dangerous player.

"snowflake" is such a lazy insult....Fuok Colorado, Fuok Kroenke, Fuok Kadri. Also anyone who "comes in peace" to try to apologize for mentally unstable fans in Kadri's DMs as if to be the savior of the Blues fan reputation are dorks. The Kadri play may have not been dirty, but it was reckless. Anyone who says Rosen played a role in Kadri running into Binner is delusional. Calle had his skates turned to dig into the ice and was boxing out Nazem.

I really hope the Blues can put it together tonight, if not I'm all for some Federal League bullsh1t.

Image of We're gonna hit 'em where it hurts the most: up there.

I know Rammer is everyone’s hero around here but that was a stupid thing to say. Rammer should step up and offer an apology, and not one of the “If anyone was offended by what I said” ones. 

15 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I know Rammer is everyone’s hero around here but that was a stupid thing to say. Rammer should step up and offer an apology, and not one of the “If anyone was offended by what I said” ones. 

Why should he apologize?

He’s a sports talk host who uses over the top statements to get people to tune into his show. 
The guy complaining about his tweets is a sports talk host and has the same type of tweets in his timeline. 

CBFan, billikenfan05 and RUBillsFan like this

\

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Why should he apologize?

He’s a sports talk host who uses over the top statements to get people to tune into his show. 
The guy complaining about his tweets is a sports talk host and has the same type of tweets in his timeline. 

Exactly, he's talking about on-ice physicality. The Blues won a Stanley Cup by playing on that physical edge, knocking players out of games and taking suspensions, but they weren't out here running goalies. That was Winnipeg in '19 IIRC. It's not like he's egging on fans to send more threats to Kadri.

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Cancel culture jumped the shark about 5 years ago.

brianstl likes this

15 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Why should he apologize?

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Exactly, he's talking about on-ice physicality. The Blues won a Stanley Cup by playing on that physical edge, knocking players out of games and taking suspensions, but they weren't out here running goalies. That was Winnipeg in '19 IIRC. It's not like he's egging on fans to send more threats to Kadri.

It's an issue of interpretation. CLEARLY Rammer was not provoking racism towards Kadri but wishing he'd get in return what he's so often given to others on the ice. 

Nate Lundy chose to interpret it differently in order to stir up a fuss online and get engagement from his audience in Colorado. It's a classic online justice warrior move and it's bullshiot. 

Rammer has nothing to apologize for - if what Kadri did wasn't deemed foul or a penalty by the NHL then there's no reason we can't return the favor and knock him out for a postseason series, right?

AlumniFan likes this

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Rammer didn't go far enough.  He should have offered bounties for the heads of Avalanche players.

dlarry and JMM28 like this

23 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

now you know how a Trump supporter feels....

billiken_roy and MB73 like this

On 5/25/2022 at 8:55 AM, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The worst part of this whole thing is that Perron has become the villain and unwittingly become linked with the handful of unstable twitter users when he's the class of the league on and off the ice.