Great News For Perkins, Linssen, Okoro, Thatch and Courtney

• HoosierPal changed the title to Great News For Perkins, Linssen and Okoro
26 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He was a grad transfer, so he must have:

Deandre participated in the ceremony after the game on senior night.  

• HoosierPal changed the title to Great News For Perkins, Linssen, Okoro, Thatch and Courtney

All of these guys represent the outstanding individuals that TF and staff are trying to bring into the program.  Congrats to all of them.

I don't know anything about the character of 3 of our 6 incoming players, but it sure seems like Kramer, Thames and Hughes meet this same standard.  A standard embodied in the concept of Team Blue.

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

All of these guys represent the outstanding individuals that TF and staff are trying to bring into the program.  Congrats to all of them.

I don't know anything about the character of 3 of our 6 incoming players, but it sure seems like Kramer, Thames and Hughes meet this same standard.  A standard embodied in the concept of Team Blue.

All 3 of them are good students. Forrester and Pickett have already graduated so anything else this season is just gravy. Parker was borderline with eligibility coming out of HS so he went the JUCO route. Talked about how hard he worked in our interview with him on MMP.

The caliber of student in this generation of SLU basketball is so far beyond what it was in my era. It's not even close.

I've posted this before, but SLU allows athletes with a BA to enroll in a Master's program and remain eligible by taking only 6 hours.  My guess is that Thatch and Linssen blew that away to get their Master's in basically one year.

12 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I graduated with Fred and Marten yesterday. Still blows my mind that I’m Fred’s age and he’s already got his masters while playing basketball. He’s special.

Congratulations to you!  Getting your masters is a huge accomplishment even without playing basketball.

20 hours ago, Pistol said:

The caliber of student in this generation of SLU basketball is so far beyond what it was in my era. It's not even close.

I know about Thatch’s pursuit of a doctorate and Jimerson being an academic all American (1st since Conklin and Lisch before him), but what else are you basing that on?

20 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I've posted this before, but SLU allows athletes with a BA to enroll in a Master's program and remain eligible by taking only 6 hours.  My guess is that Thatch and Linssen blew that away to get their Master's in basically one year.

In order to get a Master's degree in one year, a lot depends on what kind of transferable credits you have from your Bachelor's degree, and upon the requirements the Master's program itself. For example take a Master's in PT, if you come with a Bachelor's degree in PT or similar, and have already have a thorough anatomy lab course that can be transferred to the Master's program, you may finish the Master's in a shorter amount of time. Kids that enter a Master's in PT from a BS in Premed or biology and have no anatomy lab credits will have a much harder and longer time to finish the PT Master's.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know about Thatch’s pursuit of a doctorate and Jimerson being an academic all American (1st since Conklin and Lisch before him), but what else are you basing that on?

2 words

Justin & Johnson

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Congratulations to you!  Getting your masters is a huge accomplishment even without playing basketball.

Thank you! I just got my bachelors, the business graduation included both graduate and undergraduate students. That’s why it’s so impressive to me; in the four years I got my bachelors, Fred already has his masters. 

RUBillsFan likes this