Welcome Mouhamadou Cisse

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

image.png.86b59bbbaf116c1e4e0c4184ee358f67.png

Love everything I see in that screenshot. 

1. I see both "undefeated season," "37-1," and "38-0," either way I love the sound of someone who knows winning. 
  2. Averaged 8p/9r/6b???? 
  3. Only been in America a year and a half, that's interesting. 
  4. Got recruited over and lost his starting spot halfway through the season without issue. That should mean he understands his role this year. 
  5. National champion in high school, national champion in college?? People are saying!!
billikenbill likes this

7 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

1. I see both "undefeated season," "37-1," and "38-0," either way I love the sound of someone who knows winning. 
  2. Averaged 8p/9r/6b???? 
  4. Got recruited over and lost his starting spot halfway through the season without issue. That should mean he understands his role this year. 
  5. National champion in high school, national champion in college?? People are saying!!

37-1 and 38-0 were different seasons at different schools. 

8 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

2. Averaged 8p/9r/6b???? 

FWIW.  I think the 8/9/3 line comes from the stats here https://www.maxpreps.com/az/phoenix/hillcrest-prep-bruin/basketball/20-21/stats/ which seem to be only based on 3 games.  Not sure if that’s correct or the stats are bad.  Can’t find any stats from his time with Putnam in 21-22.

10 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

37-1 and 38-0 were different seasons at different schools. 

Even better

10 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

FWIW.  I think the 8/9/3 line comes from the stats here https://www.maxpreps.com/az/phoenix/hillcrest-prep-bruin/basketball/20-21/stats/ which seem to be only based on 3 games.  Not sure if that’s correct or the stats are bad.  Can’t find any stats from his time with Putnam in 21-22.

I'm choosing to believe that 3 games is a large enough sample size. Also has him at 2.3 assists per game which would be incredible if done at this level. 

18 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

2. Averaged 8p/9r/6b???? 

On point #1 ..... Rick Majerus may have not always gotten the 3 and 4 star players, but what he did, was recruit players that came from high level winning programs.  Seems that winning attitude is often worth more than a 36 inch vertical or incredible athleticism.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, RUBillsFan said:

With that wingspan, sky is the limit if he develops a reliable sky hook.

13 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Unless I missed it  in the article - why did he decommit?  Also is he actually signed with us or could he pull another disappearing act?

Let's see ... went from Senegal to France to Arizona to Connecticut.  Went from Oakland University to SMU to us.  All done in about what, a year or so?  I hope he's found what he's looking for but will watch gingerly as the summer turns to fall.  Just seems to be in the guy's nature.

6 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Let's see ... went from Senegal to France to Arizona to Connecticut.  Went from Oakland University to SMU to us.  All done in about what, a year or so?  I hope he's found what he's looking for but will watch gingerly as the summer turns to fall.  Just seems to be in the guy's nature.

2 years. Also, the thing from those articles shows that he committed to a school (Oakland), then switched prep schools, and immediately decommitted. Maybe the old coach pressured him to commit to Oakland and it felt off? Wouldn’t be the first example of a person connected to a recruit getting benefits for influence.

11 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

2 years. Also, the thing from those articles shows that he committed to a school (Oakland), then switched prep schools, and immediately decommitted. Maybe the old coach pressured him to commit to Oakland and it felt off? Wouldn’t be the first example of a person connected to a recruit getting benefits for influence.

And wasn’t his SMU decommitment related to a coaching change?

As I posted earlier I just hope he takes the long term view with SLU. Put in the work and use practice for experience. He's likely not going to get many more minutes than Traore. Hopefully he keeps his head in the game and doesn't get discouraged about lack of game time. Again take the long term view, which is hard for kids these days, and see a future as a starter for 2-3 years. 

billikenbill likes this

It is hard finding any stats on Cisse.  Goggling for 30 minutes gave me the following:

1. The National Prep Championship involved 24 teams.  We have seen the names of a lot of the 'Elite 8',

The Elite 8 has been set with Putnam Science Academy, Sunrise Christian Academy, Scotland Campus, Wilbraham & Monson Academy, Northfield Mount Hermon School, Montverde Academy CBD, Massanutten Military Academy, and Brewster Academy. 

2.  The Center for Putnam Science during the tourney was 7'0" Ugonna Kingsley.  Cisse isn't mentioned in any game recaps.

Putnam Science Academy claimed the 2022 National Prep Championship on Friday by defeating Northfield Mount Hermon School in the finals at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, Connecticut. 

The Mustangs opened the week with a win over Bradford Christian Academy in the round of 16 on Tuesday night before a hard fought win over Sunrise Christian Academy in Thursday's quarterfinal. 

Friday began with a convincing semifinal win over Scotland Campus paving the way to the final later that night. NMH was able to keep it close for the first half before the depth of PSA gradually allowed them to pull away in the second. 

Desmond Claude earned MVP honors and paced the team on the offensive end while Ugonna Kingsley was dominant protecting the rim on the defensive end. Barry Evans, Dashon Gittens, Arturo Dean, and Mouhamed Dioubate all played significant roles all week as well.