Welcome Mouhamadou Cisse

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Stat wise they seem about equal except Forrester did it a better conference. 

Cold water alert: Forrester only played in 4 conference games this past season.  His stats were largely compiled against weaker non-conference competition.  I really like the addition and think he is a great fit, but I'm not seeing anything in his stats that makes me think he will for sure be better than Linssen.  That's not an insult.  Linssen was really good.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

I love this guy's nickname, Momo. And I'll be very much on the record in favor of something painstakingly corny like "Momo says no no" for blocked shots 

I'm guessing Rammer jut goes with "Momo" swats. he needs to keep  it short as has to move to "Yuri long outlet pass to "FITB" Jamtime!"

19 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Cold water alert: Forrester only played in 4 conference games this past season.  His stats were largely compiled against weaker non-conference competition.  I really like the addition and think he is a great fit, but I'm not seeing anything in his stats that makes me think he will for sure be better than Linssen.  That's not an insult.  Linssen was really good.

He was apparently sick last year. Check the previous year. And Linssen was a good back up. He was a nice offensive player but didn’t rebound well or defend well. He wasn’t “really good”  Time will tell on Forrester. This should go to the Forrester thread though. I don’t want  to hijack Mouhamadou’s thread

RUBillsFan likes this

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Here's the bio I put together earlier this month and updated last night:

Mouhamadou Cisse - C, 7-0, 245 - Dakar, Senegal (Putnam Science Academy, CT) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @c1sse_mom4 - Committed: Oakland (8/3/21) - Decommitted: Oakland (8/10/21) - Committed: SMU (10/9/21) - Decommitted: SMU (5/8/22)
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, DePaul, Mississippi State, Georgia, Arizona, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Nevada, SMU, East Carolina, Tulane, Oakland, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Santa Barbara, Grand Canyon, Bryant, Hampton.

Interest: St. Bonaventure, Wake Forest, Boston College, Rutgers, Oregon, Colorado, Utah State, Temple, South Florida, San Francisco, San Diego, Pacific, Princeton, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Toledo, Illinois-Chicago, IUPUI, Arkansas State, Towson, Kansas City, UC-Riverside, UC-Irvine, Cal State-Bakersfield, UMBC, New Mexico State.

Latest News: Cisse has new interest from Cleveland State and Kansas City. (5/17/22)

Scouting Report: Cisse is an imposing big with a tremendous physical profile. He's tall and long (7-3 wingspan) with huge shoulders and a strong frame. He plays hard and has nice shot blocking instincts. He's an elite rebounder at both ends. He runs the floor well and dunks with authority. He committed to Oakland in early August 2021 before decommitting a week later. Then he committed to SMU in October but got out of his LOI and reopened his recruitment in May 2022. He came over to Hillcrest Prep (AZ) from France for his junior year and transferred to PSA in Connecticut for his final year. He's originally from Senegal.

-were these legit offers from AZ and TexTech? if we got him over those schools, holy cow

4 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-were these legit offers from AZ and TexTech? if we got him over those schools, holy cow

Arizona offered in March 2021, basically two months after he landed in their state at Hillcrest Prep. My guess is they saw a 7-footer drop out of the sky into their backyard and wanted to mark their territory. But Sean Miller was fired a few weeks later and that summer Cisse moved to Putnam all the way across the country, so it went stale.

Texas Tech offered that April just 4 days after Miller was fired from Arizona. Sometimes the best time to offer a player is during coaching change season and his existing offers might be vanishing. But again - things change, transfers come and go, power conference schools are recruiting over everyone at all times, and offers go stale.

In fact, a lot of the schools on his offer list have had coaching changes in 2021 or 2022, including SMU, where he had previously committed. So when he reopened a few weeks ago, there weren't as many established players left in his recruitment as there might otherwise be for a prospect of his level. Really savvy job by our staff on this one.

10 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Mouhamadou...I'm sure Guy Phillips will have no issues with getting that correct.  🤣

He has potential to be a monster on defense with that size.  Front court is now set.  Let's get a backup PG!

These were my first and second thoughts, respectively. Lol

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I will wait to see his footwork - young big men lag in that regard developmentally.  Hopefully he is all some think.

He seems to show a nice skill set. Can shoot the 3, nice high form on a turnaround J. Finishes with both hands.

However, he seemed to lack any real low post moves and relied far too much on a fadeaway jumper when on the block many times rather than showing the ability to get to the rim. This is where Linssen really excelled. 

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

Arizona offered in March 2021, basically two months after he landed in their state at Hillcrest Prep. My guess is they saw a 7-footer drop out of the sky into their backyard and wanted to mark their territory. But Sean Miller was fired a few weeks later and that summer Cisse moved to Putnam all the way across the country, so it went stale.

Texas Tech offered that April just 4 days after Miller was fired from Arizona. Sometimes the best time to offer a player is during coaching change season and his existing offers might be vanishing. But again - things change, transfers come and go, power conference schools are recruiting over everyone at all times, and offers go stale.

In fact, a lot of the schools on his offer list have had coaching changes in 2021 or 2022, including SMU, where he had previously committed. So when he reopened a few weeks ago, there weren't as many established players left in his recruitment as there might otherwise be for a prospect of his level. Really savvy job by our staff on this one.

-okay, thanks, 24/7 lists 'cool' interest from other schools and VC has no other offers listed, I hope we found a large diamond in the rough

In the new era, guys like Cisse will get somewhat overlooked.  In years past tons of P6 programs would have been all over him at this time of the year.  He is a higher level prospect, but he is a big with questions about where his game is at right now. Many programs would rather now just poach a big that was the same level prospect coming out high school but has now proven for a year or more that he can play at this level.  The problem for that kind of recruit will only be compounded for the next few years as all the extra year eligibility guys cycle out.  Programs like SLU can really take advantage of these opportunities.  The key for programs like ours going forward will be to keep guys like Cisse out the portal after they get a year or two in at the college level.  You got to keep them happy with playing time and continue to sell that your program is the best place for them.

RUBillsFan likes this

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

In the new era, guys like Cisse will get somewhat overlooked.  In years past tons of P6 programs would have been all over him at this time of the year.  He is a higher level prospect, but he is a big with questions about where his game is at right now. Many programs would rather now just poach a big that was the same level prospect coming out high school but has now proven for a year or more that he can play at this level.  The problem for that kind of recruit will only be compounded for the next few years as all the extra year eligibility guys cycle out.  Programs like SLU can really take advantage of these opportunities.  The key for programs like ours going forward will be to keep guys like Cisse out the portal after they get a year or two in at the college level.  You got to keep them happy with playing time and continue to sell that your program is the best place for them.

-I realize it is May, but where do you see Big Momo on the 1 through 13 rank? or asked another way how many mpg?