Welcome Mouhamadou Cisse

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

When has Ford ever shown a willingness to give PT to raw, but high ceiling, talent?  

Would love to be wrong on this one

Nesbitt, although I wouldn’t necessarily consider him raw. Looks like Cisse has a similar level of pedigree tho

Here's the bio I put together earlier this month and updated last night:

Mouhamadou Cisse - C, 7-0, 245 - Dakar, Senegal (Putnam Science Academy, CT) - AAU: PSA Cardinals (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @c1sse_mom4 - Committed: Oakland (8/3/21) - Decommitted: Oakland (8/10/21) - Committed: SMU (10/9/21) - Decommitted: SMU (5/8/22)
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, DePaul, Mississippi State, Georgia, Arizona, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Nevada, SMU, East Carolina, Tulane, Oakland, Cal State-Fullerton, UC-Santa Barbara, Grand Canyon, Bryant, Hampton.

Interest: St. Bonaventure, Wake Forest, Boston College, Rutgers, Oregon, Colorado, Utah State, Temple, South Florida, San Francisco, San Diego, Pacific, Princeton, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Toledo, Illinois-Chicago, IUPUI, Arkansas State, Towson, Kansas City, UC-Riverside, UC-Irvine, Cal State-Bakersfield, UMBC, New Mexico State.

Latest News: Cisse has new interest from Cleveland State and Kansas City. (5/17/22)

Scouting Report: Cisse is an imposing big with a tremendous physical profile. He's tall and long (7-3 wingspan) with huge shoulders and a strong frame. He plays hard and has nice shot blocking instincts. He's an elite rebounder at both ends. He runs the floor well and dunks with authority. He committed to Oakland in early August 2021 before decommitting a week later. Then he committed to SMU in October but got out of his LOI and reopened his recruitment in May 2022. He came over to Hillcrest Prep (AZ) from France for his junior year and transferred to PSA in Connecticut for his final year. He's originally from Senegal.

7 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Nesbitt, although I wouldn’t necessarily consider him raw. Looks like Cisse has a similar level of pedigree tho

Nesbitt was forced to play with Fred and Perks health. He also was a top 60 recruit so not raw. 

Wow, my concerns about our recruiting class get wiped away in the span of about an hour.  Looks to me like Forrester is just a little bit of a drop off from Linssen.  In other words, if you asked the question would we rather have Forrester or one more year of Linssen, I think most would say Linssen.  However, Cisse seems to be a big upgrade from Traore in terms of right now and potential later.

For those worried about playing time, I have no concerns that Cisse will play if he’s earning time.  If he can become a high level rim protector, he will be in the game at crucial moments.

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Wow, my concerns about our recruiting class get wiped away in the span of about an hour.  Looks to me like Forrester is just a little bit of a drop off from Linssen.  In other words, if you asked the question would we rather have Forrester or one more year of Linssen, I think most would say Linssen.  However, Cisse seems to be a big upgrade from Traore in terms of right now and potential later.

For those worried about playing time, I have no concerns that Cisse will play if he’s earning time.  If he can become a high level rim protector, he will be in the game at crucial moments.

I'm not sure he's a drop off, he's a drop off offensively, but better defensively than Linssen. 

I was going to say Forrester's biggest thing that stood out to me is that he doesn't foul much.  This had me excited until the Cisse announcement. 

cgeldmacher likes this

4 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

Loe was very close to 7 feet

He was listed at 6'11" which means he was likely 6'10". 

I saw a lot of threes in that video...stretch 7 footer??? (black out drunk on the blue kool aid right now)

5 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

He was listed at 6'11" which means he was likely 6'10". 

I saw a lot of threes in that video...stretch 7 footer??? (black out drunk on the blue kool aid right now)

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

It was Majerus, he was probably 7’1”. Wasn’t Manning 7’?

Manning, Loe and Neufeld were all listed at 6'11".

9 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm not sure he's a drop off, he's a drop off offensively, but better defensively than Linssen. 

I was going to say Forrester's biggest thing that stood out to me is that he doesn't foul much.  This had me excited until the Cisse announcement. 

Stat wise they seem about equal except Forrester did it a better conference. 

50 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

that's who i thought of as well.   the other would be willie reed

4 minutes ago, Neighbor Dave said:

I'm thinking of the problems that Ossinniyi presented to A10 offenses.  Dare to dream.

o2 wingspan is 7'8 so still pretty big difference 

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

When has Ford ever shown a willingness to give PT to raw, but high ceiling, talent?  

Would love to be wrong on this one

Let's see:  Goodwin,  French, Yuri, Jimerson, Nesbitt, Gordon,  Is that enough for you?

cgeldmacher likes this

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

None of those guys were raw?  

Sorry guys, I was concentrating on high ceiling.  If the emphasis is on raw, and high ceiling, which Ford recruits would that include?  If you say Hargrove, Thatch, Strickland and others like them I don't believe they were considered high ceiling except by members of this Board,  Solid recruits, but not high ceiling.