Welcome Jake forrester!

wgstl

• wgstl changed the title to Welcome Jake forrester!
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to team blue we need you.

1 big signed and hopefully Crespin to be the stretch 4.

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nice! Seems like a very solid addition. At minimum, appears to be the equal of Linnsen. He hasn't quite lived up to the hype, but he was a 4-star, Top 100 recruit coming out of high school.

Let's pump the breaks a little. I'm interested to hear if the illness that affected him last year is lingering or not. Also, it looks like he missed 10ish games the year before as well? I'm really hoping he's back to 100% or close to it, because if he is he'll be a great piece. His HS tape is really exciting to see, but seems like he's been through a ton over the last four years

11 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Let's pump the breaks a little. I'm interested to hear if the illness that affected him last year is lingering or not. Also, it looks like he missed 10ish games the year before as well? I'm really hoping he's back to 100% or close to it, because if he is he'll be a great piece. His HS tape is really exciting to see, but seems like he's been through a ton over the last four years

Get him some Two Men and a Garden pickles.  He'll be fine.

slufanskip likes this

i agree ace.  i was totally not expecting near the acclaim that i feel forrester will bring with him.   this is a very good pickup by all appearances.  

obviously ford has not lost his recruiting fastball. 

slufanskip likes this

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i agree ace.  i was totally not expecting near the acclaim that i feel forrester will bring with him.   this is a very good pickup by all appearances.  

obviously ford has not lost his recruiting fastball. 

Both Okoro and Forrester were top 100 bigs coming out of H.S. who signed with strong P5 programs.  Not too shabby.

BIG BILL FAN likes this

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Illness doesn't scare me, we've got Dr. Fred Thatch on staff to resolve that issue. 

Fraz likes this

22 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

As a high school senior at Westtown (Pa.) High, Forrester was ranked as the #127 recruit by Rivals and #131 by 247Sports. The American Family Insurance ALL-USA Pennsylvania Boys Basketball Second Team honoree averaged 12.2 points and 9.0 rebounds per game while leading Westtown to a 23-10 record and its fifth straight Friends Schools League championship.  As a junior, he helped Westtown to a 32-2 record and a Pennsylvania Independent Schools Athletic Association (PAISAA) championship while earning first team all-conference accolades.

He was also an ESPN 4* recruit

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/225089/jake-forrester

51 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

This is the source I saw that listed him as a Top 100, 4 star

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/02/12/pitt-offers-4-star-forward-jake-forrester/

That was as a junior, so his ranking must have dropped a bit his senior year. And as BBF pointed out, ESPN listed him as a 4 star.

Regardless of which ranking or label, it's fair to classify him as a highly rated big coming out of high school.

majerus mojo likes this

18 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

He’s also played four years of college ball.  At this point, his track record in college is more important than his star rating in high school.

This^

It's easy to be excited about a 7'0" freshman but having a proven secondary center eliminates any concern of his rawness or maturity, readiness. Having both is a fuoking godsend. 

Year of the Billiken. 

majerus mojo likes this

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Nice! Seems like a very solid addition. At minimum, appears to be the equal of Linssen. He hasn't quite lived up to the hype, but he was a 4-star, Top 100 recruit coming out of high school.

Fun to look at numbers:

Forrester last season:  16.4 mpg, 52% FG, 62% FT, 3.9 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.8 bpg

Linssen last season:    14.4 mpg, 54% FG, 77% FT, 3.7 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.6 bpg.

The only significant delta is FT%.  Both had injury/illness issues.

majerus mojo likes this

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Fun to look at numbers:

Forrester last season:  16.4 mpg, 52% FG, 62% FT, 3.9 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.8 bpg

Linssen last season:    14.4 mpg, 54% FG, 77% FT, 3.7 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.6 bpg.

The only significant delta is FT%.  Both had injury/illness issues.

Forrester is also much better with foul trouble 4.9 per 40 and linssen was 7.0 per 40

Zink likes this