Congratulations Jimerson and Linssen and Thatch

15 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Gibson Jimerson, junior in International Business, and Martin Linssen, graduate in MBA program, were the two men's TeamBlue members to be honored by receiving Straight A's during the spring 2021 and/or fall 2021 semester.

https://slubillikens.com/news/2022/5/11/billiken-athletics-billikens-faculty-staff-recognized-at-annual-straight-a-celebration.aspx

Earlier this spring Jimerson, along with Fred Thatch, was honored by the Atlantic 10.  Jimerson with a cumulative GPA above 3.9, was also selected as the recipient of a 2022 DI-AAA ADA postgraduate scholarship and will receive $5,000 toward his postgraduate studies

Jimerson and Thatch were the only set of teammates voted to the 12-person Division I-AAA Athletics Directors Association Scholar-Athlete Team.

This is kind of funny because Gibson while a junior academically this school year was a freshman for athletic eligibility.  Presumably he will get his undergraduate degree next May and then have 2 more years of athletic eligibility where he can be on full athletic scholarship for his postgraduate studies.  That $5,000 scholarship doesn't really matter to him, right?

Just now, RUBillsFan said:

This is kind of funny because Gibson while a junior academically this school year was a freshman for athletic eligibility.  Presumably he will get his undergraduate degree next May and then have 2 more years of athletic eligibility where he can be on full athletic scholarship for his postgraduate studies.  That $5,000 scholarship doesn't really matter to him, right?

As long as he still has NCAA eligibility, his academic expenses are covered by his athletic scholarship. Maybe the $5,000 scholarship can be applied to "academic related expenses" that may require paperwork/receipts or maybe it's just a stipend without any strings.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

As long as he still has NCAA eligibility, his academic expenses are covered by his athletic scholarship. Maybe the $5,000 scholarship can be applied to "academic related expenses" that may require paperwork/receipts or maybe it's just a stipend without any strings.

I wouldn't be surprised if he graduates early, but I have no information on his status one way or the other.  What is not stated is if the scholarship is tied to a school, or to the student.  I'll  guess it is tied to the student.  With the current state of affairs in the NCAA, I will be pleasantly surprised and pleased if Jimerson is a 6 year SLU student.