Yuri is back

Aquinas

2 hours ago, QUAILMAN said:

Is he wrong though? Isn’t this statement the exact reason we are all are all scared of what NIL is doing to schools like SLU? We develop home grown talent and they bounce when more prestigious conferences with bigger pockets come knocking?

Self fulfilling prophecy

Adman likes this

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

My guess is that, as soon as Yuri took his name out of the Portal, an order for about 4000 ‘Run With Me’ hoodies were made by a Mr. Bill I. Ken.

To make matters easy, let's assume the hoodies are sold at $20 each. This gives a total revenue of $80,000. Is this all profit?, of course not. He does not manufacture the hoodies himself, he just buys buys them from someone else and there are other expenses as well. Let's say the expenses associated with this transaction are 50% of the revenue (this is a very generous estimate of his profit margin). That leaves $40,000 of income on which he has to pay taxes. I do not think the orders of goods from his internet site make a great difference one way or the other with his decision to stay at SLU. I also cannot imagine Yuri aspiring to become a merchant as his life's career choice.

I don’t know about St B’s but Dayton has little to worry about when it comes to poaching their talent. That entire community would fund the Flyers. I would guess UD’s fan base ranks in the top 10 when it comes to fan support. 

58 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don’t know about St B’s but Dayton has little to worry about when it comes to poaching their talent. That entire community would fund the Flyers. I would guess UD’s fan base ranks in the top 10 when it comes to fan support. 

I 100% agree with you that Dayton has the top fan base in the A10.  But it only takes one booster to kick a NIL program into high gear.  Look at Mizzou, which has maybe the worst or second to worst fan base in the SEC.  But they have the Laurie family in their network.  They wrote the $6M check to get rid of Martin.  They could singly buy any players they want to have on the Tiger roster.

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I 100% agree with you that Dayton has the top fan base in the A10.  But it only takes one booster to kick a NIL program into high gear.  Look at Mizzou, which has maybe the worst or second to worst fan base in the SEC.  But they have the Laurie family in their network.  They wrote the $6M check to get rid of Martin.  They could singly buy any players they want to have on the Tiger roster.

This is nice to have, the Walton family and its branches have seemingly inexhaustible funds.

-if Chris May telling UTenn a tampering charge was coming had any impact on Yuri's return that would be a great sign, will we ever know? 

-also if, does tampering have to end with the player going to the tampering school? if not, I hope Chris May is aggressively pursuing the tampering charge and that UTenn gets the death penalty for it - screw them

Yeah, they may have a top fanbase, but they also share the state with Xavier, Cincinnati, and the Buckeyes who get the most eyeballs. Mizzou’s not in the same tier. I hate what college sports has become, but let’s not minimize SLU’s place in the new world.

12 hours ago, Fraz said:

FYI - Yuri is doing $30 cameos for Mother’s Day.  I thought it was pretty cool.  The link is in his Twitter bio 

I bought a Yuri Cameo a few months ago for a buddy's 40th birthday.  Yuri did a great job on it.  He didn't 'mail it in.'  So if a Cameo is your thing, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

cgeldmacher likes this