Yuri is back

Aquinas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The portal will lead to lots of this going forward. Combined with shopping around for NIL $$$.

Glad I kept my Hoodie. I can’t wait to here all of the sh*t talking grumpy old men on this page come up with reasons to continue to bash the kid… all while he leads us to a championship. Glad to have you back! 

1 hour ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

By the way he handled it can’t see how this doesn’t drum up some internal drama. Probably realized that he was undersized and had too many turnovers against weak opponents to warrant a starting role on a power 5 team 

Or maybe he just wanted to check out other opportunities.  If he didn't go into the portal he would never of known if he was doing the right thing staying at SLU.  He couldn't have made the trips and have the open discussions with other schools to tell him SLU was indeed the right place. Perhaps now he knows he is at the right place.

12 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

By the way he handled it can’t see how this doesn’t drum up some internal drama. Probably realized that he was undersized and had too many turnovers against weak opponents to warrant a starting role on a power 5 team 

I think a booster (or a couple) seriously stepped up to the plate.  I don’t believe for a second he came back for free.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out with the other players 

DOC and The Valley Sucks like this

1 hour ago, BJK said:

The portal will lead to lots of this going forward. Combined with shopping around for NIL $$$.

Glad I kept my Hoodie. I can’t wait to here all of the sh*t talking grumpy old men on this page come up with reasons to continue to bash the kid… all while he leads us to a championship. Glad to have you back! 

We will see whether he will lead the team to an A10 championship.  I hope so.

I am an older guy that won’t hate on him but I won’t be cheering him either and that is okay.

FYI, I won’t be buying any players merchandise, I pay for 4 season tickets, parking, snacks, and SLU merchandise that is enough.  A SLU education is enough pay.

I am extremely surprised by this move.  I was wrong by thinking it had 0 chance.

I worry about team chemistry.  But I'm hopeful.

I hate the way Yuri handled the whole process (notifying the coaches via text is insane), but I understand what his goal was.

College players are, now, essentially on a series of 1-year contracts, with a ‘player option’ for the following year.

We will see the number of athletes in the Transfer Portal go up every year. It’s the player’s way of seeing what other options are out there (more money, more playing time, building Miami Heat-style super teams to chase a National Title).

If the player doesn’t like what’s out there, they’ve got a roster to return to. If they find a better situation, they leave. It freakin’ sucks, but it’s the new order of things.

I’m sooooo glad he’s back, but I too worry about team chemistry. 

54 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

I hate the way Yuri handled the whole process (notifying the coaches via text is insane), but I understand what his goal was.

College players are, now, essentially on a series of 1-year contracts, with a ‘player option’ for the following year.

We will see the number of athletes in the Transfer Portal go up every year. It’s the player’s way of seeing what other options are out there (more money, more playing time, building Miami Heat-style super teams to chase a National Title).

If the player doesn’t like what’s out there, they’ve got a roster to return to. If they find a better situation, they leave. It freakin’ sucks, but it’s the new order of things.

Most of these guys have known each other since they were kids.  You don't throw away those kinds of relationships because your brother upset you for a few days.  Now that he's back, they can tease Yuri and move on.

1 hour ago, thunderdan said:

Don’t forget that it isn’t a “player option”. Players are asked to leave all the time. It is part of the reason the transfer and sit rule was so outdated and wrong.

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Now that he's back, they can tease Yuri and move on.

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about

Well the names have all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
(Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(Back here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

brianstl, Aquinas and Adman like this

1 minute ago, juniorbill76 said:

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about

Well the names have all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
(Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(Back here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot, welcome back

Starring John Travolta as Gibson Jimmerson

12 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Or maybe he just wanted to check out other opportunities.  If he didn't go into the portal he would never of known if he was doing the right thing staying at SLU.  He couldn't have made the trips and have the open discussions with other schools to tell him SLU was indeed the right place. Perhaps now he knows he is at the right place.

FYI Yuri never made a visit to Knoxville, TN.

14 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

I remember when I heard French and goodwin did the NBA evaluation. I sort of panicked. Now I hear that I am like whatever. Guess now I hear someone enter the transfer portal. I'll be like whatever.