Positive Vibes Thread

thetorch

On 4/20/2022 at 9:30 PM, thetorch said:

I'm sick of the negativity.  

Look at Jimerson.  He's not even the best player on the team.

We have two big time stars and two of the top scorers in the NCAA coming back next season.

We have the best big man in the A10.

We have a couple awesome two way players in Pickett and Thatch.

We have the human highlight film Hargrove.

We have another sniper in Sincere Parker working into the rotation.  Parker scored the MOST POINTS in JUCO last season and he won't start for us.

We have two nice freshman in Thames and Kramer hungry to push for PT.

We have Larry Legend JR walking on!!!  Most talented walk on since Jeff Leuchtefeld.

We need 2 guards who can handle the ball and compete for playing time with the freshman.

We need a serviceable backup big, maybe 2.

You think Ford isn't going to bring in impact transfers?  What year hasn't he done this?

This is a team that will still contend for the A10 championship and make the NCAA tournament.

We have 6 guys and counting all from the STL.  The city will be behind this team.

Forget about all the rest of the BS.  When we win, which we will, all that will take care of itself.

I have just developed a man-crush on Thetorch

rgbilliken likes this

On 4/20/2022 at 9:30 PM, thetorch said:

I'm sick of the negativity.  

Look at Jimerson.  He's not even the best player on the team.

We have two big time stars and two of the top scorers in the NCAA coming back next season.

We have the best big man in the A10.

We have a couple awesome two way players in Pickett and Thatch.

We have the human highlight film Hargrove.

We have another sniper in Sincere Parker working into the rotation.  Parker scored the MOST POINTS in JUCO last season and he won't start for us.

We have two nice freshman in Thames and Kramer hungry to push for PT.

We have Larry Legend JR walking on!!!  Most talented walk on since Jeff Leuchtefeld.

We need 2 guards who can handle the ball and compete for playing time with the freshman.

We need a serviceable backup big, maybe 2.

You think Ford isn't going to bring in impact transfers?  What year hasn't he done this?

This is a team that will still contend for the A10 championship and make the NCAA tournament.

We have 6 guys and counting all from the STL.  The city will be behind this team.

Forget about all the rest of the BS.  When we win, which we will, all that will take care of itself.

Taking it a little further, I think Pickett will be a lot better than we may think.

Last year he shot 49% from 2.  Only Okoro, Linssen and Fred shot better. 

Pickett also is someone who creates their own shot. He rarely catch and shoots, unless very wide open. 

slufanskip likes this

36 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Taking it a little further, I think Pickett will be a lot better than we may think.

Pickett also is someone who creates their own shot. He rarely catch and shoots, unless very wide open. 

Andy katz has him in tier 4 with the vcu guy they picked up. Probably is a nicer pickup than we have made it seem. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

i haven't watched him much, but Pickett himself said he is good in finishing after contact.  If he did that enough in the SEC, that will be a big asset for us.

If he and Perkins are both creators, assists will be down next season no matter who is PG.

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

i haven't watched him much, but Pickett himself said he is good in finishing after contact.  If he did that enough in the SEC, that will be a big asset for us.

If he and Perkins are both creators, assists will be down next season no matter who is PG.

exactly. Makes me feel slightly better about who we get to replace Yuri.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like we have star power but if Okoro is our only guy above 6'6, our defense is going to be pretty terrible overall. 

We will act like the Nets in the playoffs...KD and Kyrie are (probably) the best players on the floor but the Nets get swept because they are playing blake griffin big minutes.  

3 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I feel like we have star power but if Okoro is our only guy above 6'6, our defense is going to be pretty terrible overall. 

We will act like the Nets in the playoffs...KD and Kyrie are (probably) the best players on the floor but the Nets get swept because they are playing blake griffin big minutes.  

The Golden State Warriors, aka The Dubs, will show us the Way.

19 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Our roster, just like most every roster, is not final.  Portal shopping starts in earnest today.  For me it is too early to worry about match-ups (particularly with other A10 teams), who starts, who gets minutes, how many points we will scored, will we run, or what our record will be.