wgstl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Are they trolling the fanbase?

This is better than the nothing they had before, but it doesn't really address the problem.  It seems more like an attempt to stave off something like a "Friends of the University of Notre Dame Inc." that could possibly redirect some big bucks away from the athletic department into NIL.  This is a small potatoes type of thing instead of a pooling of resources that could have a big impact.  

Are there 2,000 members (active) on this board? If so, matching would simply be a $100 payment each, right? Do we have to set up a separate company, LLC, for Billikens.com? That is not hard. 

This a serious request:

1. Someone should set an opinion poll on this board to see how many people would donate, $100, $200, etc.

2. If we are close to the amount, someone needs to quickly establish an LLC, pc, etc based on Billikens.com.

3. Someone needs to set a contract where payment only occurs where Yuri stays with SLU next year.

4. Finally, someone needs to set up a way to pay into each contract through Billikens.com.

I would love to see No. 1 done on this board, just to see if this fan message board has any power to effect this stuff at all. The rest of it will require time, but should not be too hard to accomplish. It would be fun to fight other fan bases for players! It is a new form of fandom!

21 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is better than the nothing they had before, but it doesn't really address the problem.  It seems more like an attempt to stave off something like a "Friends of the University of Notre Dame Inc." that could possibly redirect some big bucks away from the athletic department into NIL.  This is a small potatoes type of thing instead of a pooling of resources that could have a big impact.  

I would not doubt if what you are talking about is happening behind the scenes.  They just cannot mention that they are directing resources in that fashion on their website or in emails.

This action has probably been in the works for a while.  I do not think it would have affected Yuri, since I think his decision was made by people in his ear and was not NIL dollar driven.

Has everyone seen those Stifel commercials that show celebrities from St. Louis talking about their home town.  I would love to see a new three second segment of that commercial with all of our guys in their unis.  Of course, each walks away with a check as well.

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Are there 2,000 members (active) on this board? If so, matching would simply be a $100 payment each, right? Do we have to set up a separate company, LLC, for Billikens.com? That is not hard. 

This a serious request:

1. Someone should set an opinion poll on this board to see how many people would donate, $100, $200, etc.

2. If we are close to the amount, someone needs to quickly establish an LLC, pc, etc based on Billikens.com.

3. Someone needs to set a contract where payment only occurs where Yuri stays with SLU next year.

4. Finally, someone needs to set up a way to pay into each contract through Billikens.com.

I would love to see No. 1 done on this board, just to see if this fan message board has any power to effect this stuff at all. The rest of it will require time, but should not be too hard to accomplish. It would be fun to fight other fan bases for players! It is a new form of fandom!

The restrictions would not allow a contract which requires Yuri to stay at SLU.  That is the over the line part.

9 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

The restrictions would not allow a contract which requires Yuri to stay at SLU.  That is the over the line part.

Well, then, it’s simple. Payment kicks in on September 15th, and cancellation is possible until September 7th.

You think that the boosters at Tennessee aren’t requiring Yuri to stay somehow? If he has not already signed with Tennessee, then we can do this, and it isn’t hard. If he has signed, then it is a moot point. 

Also, just note that this is definitely happening across the country. You think the boosters at OSU were happy when a 5* qb transferred after his freshman year? They are binding the payments to time commitments.

4 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Well, then, it’s simple. Payment kicks in on September 15th, and cancellation is possible until September 7th.

You think that the boosters at Tennessee aren’t requiring Yuri to stay somehow? If he has not already signed with Tennessee, then we can do this, and it isn’t hard. If he has signed, then it is a moot point. 

Also, just note that this is definitely happening across the country. You think the boosters at OSU were happy when a 5* qb transferred after his freshman year? They are binding the payments to time commitments.

Is it really worth it?  Why scrape together our hard earned money just to match some billionaire’s $200k, when Yuri essentially gave a giant middle finger to the team and the fans?  What would stop Yuri from just transferring next year?  Another $200k?  I’d rather spend my time, money, and energy on guys who want to be Billikens. 

billikenbill likes this

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Is it really worth it?  Why scrape together our hard earned money just to match some billionaire’s $200k, when Yuri essentially gave a giant middle finger to the team and the fans?  What would stop Yuri from just transferring next year?  Another $200k?  I’d rather spend my time, money, and energy on guys who want to be Billikens. 

Well, that is why I want an opinion poll. It is definitely worth it to me. $200 even, for just 1 year.

Let me ask you this, have you ever switched jobs because of a higher salary? If so, then how can you be mad at Yuri? When you switched jobs, did you tell everyone at your current job you were leaving while you were being recruited? Of course you didn’t, because your current job might have fired you. Yuri’s clothing company is processing returns and cancellations. I don’t see any reason for hurt feelings. Now, how would you feel towards your original job if they offered to match the salary increase? Pretty great.

What is happening with Yuri will happen a lot from here on out. If you want an answer on how to fight it, I am giving you one. That Billionaire may only be a millionaire. $200k May be their limit for Yuri. When I see my team under fire, I trend towards finding a way to fight back.

53 minutes ago, Slowry said:

If they gave Yuri 200k I might give up my season tickets.  I like Yuri but he is replaceable.  He won’t take TN over the top.  He’s a good guard but not great.

the whole thing makes no sense.   particularly the money.   it looks to me they have 2 yuri collins like players aleady and that is without knowing their footspeed, quickness etc.   so why would one think they are going to now sit so collins can play 30 mpg?   whomever is advising collins ...... 

50 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

This a serious request:

so let's say we all do this.    now next week jimerson goes to the portal and it is leaked virginia is gonna pay him $200k.   we have to do it again?    then the next week, okoro.   the next week it's perkins.    remember the ncaa is allowing these players to skip around as much as they want with no penalties.   

last is your expectation of this board.   hell most of the board wont even donate $100 a year to steve to keep this excellent venue open.   but we are to now expect that 2,000 of us are now going to donate hundreds of dollars a year to keep players.   well let me help you with refining your numbers for accuracy.   you can now make that number of expected donators to 1,999.

slufanskip likes this

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the whole thing makes no sense.   particularly the money.   it looks to me they have 2 yuri collins like players aleady and that is without knowing their footspeed, quickness etc.   so why would one think they are going to now sit so collins can play 30 mpg?   whomever is advising collins ...... 

Neither player are as good as Yuri Collins. You can have revisionist history or whatever method of grieving that you're using, but Yuri will go to Tennessee, play a lot. They'll be a high seed in the tournament, and lose in the first weekend like they always do. 

Bills By 40 likes this

Just now, Littlebill said:

Neither player are as good as Yuri Collins. You can have revisionist history or however method of grieving that you're using, but Yuri will go to Tennessee, play a lot. They'll be a high seed in the tournament, and lose in the first weekend like they always do. 

your overzealous opinion of collins is noted.   thanks

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

This a serious request:

And how much for Perkins, Okoro, Gibby et al? 

25 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

your overzealous opinion of collins is noted.   thanks

Roy, I think many are now under playing how talented Collins was.  I am not accusing you of being one these people, but several have gone from acting like Yuri was the second coming of Oscar Robertson to now acting like he wouldn't have been all that important next season.  He was never as good as those that at one time thought he was above any criticism believed, but he was pretty damn good.  He will be pretty damn good at Tennessee. 

I just don't think being on a roster of players who thrive at getting their own shot is the best next level showcase for pass first point guard.

45 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Ewers #1 rated QB was going to Texas then switched to tOSU, left HS early (skipping senior year)  when Texas NIL law didn't allow HS students to profit.  He reportedly got $750k in NIL for his 2v snaps and is now back at Texas competing for starting spot. tOSU's QB room was stacked. Anyway yes this is happening to everyone.  The car dealership made a funny video about him leaving.   I can't find it though same dealership has EJ Liddell.   Here's the site to see the kinda stuff they're doing

https://www.ricart.com/Ricks-Intern

I doubt Yuri got $200k.  That's a lot.

I'm on board with crowd sourced just to get something.   But it can't be through this site as it's owned by an employee of the university. 

SluSignGuy likes this

Random thoughts.  I know no more than any other MBM.

This was not put together last night after Yuri's bomb.  This has been in the works for a while. (duh)

The staff knew about this since the Department starting looking into it.  

Had the staff communicated this upcoming program to the team?  I don't know, but why wouldn't they? 

Yuri knew this was coming, hence he jumped into the portal before this hit.  He looks bad already.  Announcing after this drops would have made him look really bad.

The INFLCR platform is something that every MVC school already utilizes, for what its worth. A lot of schools use it across the country. 

It is just a 3rd party site that helps manage the reporting on SLU's end, gives players access to their images for their promotional opportunities, etc. There isn't any $$ in it right now. 

Just now, brianstl said:

Roy, I think many are now under playing how talented Collins was.  I am not excusing you of being one these people, but several have gone from acting like Yuri was the second coming of Oscar Robertson to now acting like he wouldn't have been all that important next season.  He was never as good as those that at one time thought he was above any criticism believed, but he was pretty damn good.  He will be pretty damn good at Tennessee. 

I just don't think being on a roster of players who thrive at getting their own shot is the best next level showcase for pass first point guard.

brian you know i was never over the top for collins.  particularly the man collins tried to be this past year.   i thought he was a very good point guard, but not the next coming of oscar robertson. 

i hope for collins sake he is good enough to get major minutes at tennessee next year.   i am not as sure as you are.  i do no if this play doesnt work out for him, the future coming back to st louis and being a legend and winning off that is gone.