NIL Talk

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

This ad was in today's Fort Myers News Press20220612_130824.thumb.jpg.b01699d64b473dff9b161f1ab083753c.jpg

There are a TON of people out there soliciting athletes. Like anything I think some are legit and have their clients best interest in mind. But there are going to be some athletes that get really screwed over signing deals that link them with these people longer than they think, taking huge percentages, etc. 

On 6/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, JMM28 said:

There are a TON of people out there soliciting athletes. Like anything I think some are legit and have their clients best interest in mind. But there are going to be some athletes that get really screwed over signing deals that link them with these people longer than they think, taking huge percentages, etc. 

Nice ad at the bottom of the newspaper article.

The Wiz originally posted this article and I somehow missed it. I think it is worthwhile to post it again and also think every college athlete should be provided a copy of this by the school's athletic department. This applies both to the donors and to the recipients of the NIL. I did not write it, I just came across it.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/ncaa-nil-irs-taxes-collective/