nimble

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Duquesne football schedule:

https://goduquesne.com/sports/football/schedule/2022

Florida State away game and a trip to Hawaii to play the Univ of Hawaii. I am sure the the FL State game being a buy game payed for the travel expenses to Hawaii. Also the recent late Dan Rooney is a Duquesne alum.

21 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Small number of team members(so it wouldn't be a title 9 add), non-spectator sport, expensive as hell, slim chance of being competitive. Why?

There’s probably an argument to be made that golf attracts a solid walk on (full rate tuition) crowd with only having ~5 scholarships to give. You also get their probably affluent parents. There’s also a slim chance your golf alum become high earning professionals which is only true of men’s basketball and baseball at this point. 

3 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

There’s probably an argument to be made that golf attracts a solid walk on (full rate tuition) crowd with only having ~5 scholarships to give. You also get their probably affluent parents. There’s also a slim chance your golf alum become high earning professionals which is only true of men’s basketball and baseball at this point. 

I can't tell if you're presenting a negative or positive HA

20 hours ago, JMM28 said:

I don't have any eligiblity left so what is the point

On 4/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, nimble said:

I can't think of a single reason why Saint Louis University, the first program to have the forward pass, shouldn't be involved with football.

Every program had the forward pass in 1906 including Michigan, Southern Illinois, Washington University and more.

SLU happened to have one of the first college football games of the preseason and the rest is history.  That is the only distinction.

10 minutes ago, almaman said:

I'm guessing the wheel caught on about that quick, one rolls by all the others roll BEHIND him.

This guess is incorrect.

All the major programs were trying to work out what to do with the month-old rule changes, including practicing the forward pass and the onside kick.

The new rules also prohibited tripping and SLU could have also been the first team not to trip the opposing team.