1818 lounge

wgstl

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I just saw this tweet, does this mean they will be opening to everyone now?

I doubt it - that acct just tweets general stuff for events like concerts/shows/etc. Something like that would come from the Billiken Club or something similar

26 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I doubt it - that acct just tweets general stuff for events like concerts/shows/etc. Something like that would come from the Billiken Club or something similar

I think they are telling people to go there during non Billiken events.

From the Chaifetz website:

1818 Lounge - Located directly behind section 214-215

The 1,500 square foot space boasts large screen TV's, comfortable seating space for fans to mingle before a show or game plus a bar to grab a refreshing beverage. Come try the exclusive Billiken Blast wine slushie!

Note, the 1818 Lounge is open to the public at doors on concert nights and open to the public after tip-off during men's games. 1818 Lounge public open time subject to change based on private pre-party events.

9 minutes ago, ThreeTimeBilliken said:

From the Chaifetz website:

1818 Lounge - Located directly behind section 214-215

The 1,500 square foot space boasts large screen TV's, comfortable seating space for fans to mingle before a show or game plus a bar to grab a refreshing beverage. Come try the exclusive Billiken Blast wine slushie!

Note, the 1818 Lounge is open to the public at doors on concert nights and open to the public after tip-off during men's games. 1818 Lounge public open time subject to change based on private pre-party events.

That slushie no longer exists. The bar area is only available to Billiken club members pre-game. Which is insane considering the actual draw of the location is a place to hang out pre game. Sure half time is a fine time to hang out there as well but pre-game is when that place could actually make serious coin.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

That slushie no longer exists. The bar area is only available to Billiken club members pre-game. Which is insane considering the actual draw of the location is a place to hang out pre game. Sure half time is a fine time to hang out there as well but pre-game is when that place could actually make serious coin.

I think I have said this to you before. Join the Billiken Club. 

5 minutes ago, willie said:

I think I have said this to you before. Join the Billiken Club. 

The problem with this response, it doesn't address the real issue.

Look at the 1818 like bars through out the enterprise. most people go to those instead of the standard concessions stands.  They would make so much more money if they had places like 1818 for the average person.  There's literally a template just a mile down on the road on the right away to do this. 

RUBillsFan likes this

12 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Look at the 1818 like bars through out the enterprise. most people go to those instead of the standard concessions stands.  They would make so much more money if they had places like 1818 for the average person.  There's literally a template just a mile down on the road on the right away to do this. 

The Billiken Club boosters chip in far more than 1818 would make by opening to the public pregame. That's why 1818 is reserved for the Billiken Club instead of being open to the public pregame. 

Consolation...ain't there a bar and restaurant on the ground level in Chaifetz? Move the Billiken Club pre-game there. 

16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

you arent looking at the big picture.    the extra annual donation money that the boosters give SLU has to be warranted by us billiken club members are we arent going to value the worth of the membership.   that level of membership that gives that exclusive power brings that value.   without it, all those members would ask themselves, "what's the point?"

HoosierPal likes this

1 minute ago, Bills By 40 said:

The Billiken Club boosters chip in far more than 1818 would make by opening to the public pregame. That's why 1818 is reserved for the Billiken Club instead of being open to the public pregame. 

Consolation...ain't there a bar and restaurant on the ground level in Chaifetz? Move the Billiken Club pre-game there. 

that's a higher level of membeship already i believe.   

Just now, billiken_roy said:

that's a higher level of membeship already i believe.   

I figured as much. Maybe if the Billiken Club members b**** about it enough there'll be some traction to open it to the public, right?  

2 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I figured as much. Maybe if the Billiken Club members b**** about it enough there'll be some traction to open it to the public, right?  

so you want billiken club members to complain that the billikens arent allowing non members to crowd them out of their pre-game meeting spot?

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

It’s also a TERRIBLE look to turn away fans. You shouldn’t have an open air area on the concourse that’s only open for exclusive membership. How do you expect your arena to feel welcoming to new fans if an area they can blatantly see and walk into easily has what amounts to being a bouncer checking how much money you donate. It’s embarrassing to watch. I’ve seen it more than a handful of times personally just by walking by there. 

RUBillsFan and stmdragons like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

only brings back the same answer.   join the billiken club. 

Roy, this isn’t a discussion about fans like all of us. What bothers me is there are people that are entering Chaifetz for their first visit to a Billiken game and it looks like sh!t to exclude them from an area of the arena that’s blatantly visible. I mean honestly I would be satisfied if they just moved the exclusive area across the gate to the non-bar side. It would be nice is if they could find a spot out of sight lines or at least separated with a door. I was fine when it was literally just a reception room. That’s not an attraction for all fans.