Jordan Nesbitt Theories

2 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Yeah, I never saw him as selfish either. He would have some questionable shot attempts at times but he seemed to make the passes he was supposed to and mostly ran within the offense. Personally, I didn’t think he got enough shots/plays ran for him. 

I would have liked to have seen him play a little more selfish at times. There were so many times I thought c'mon JNez assert yourself right now. I don't care if it results in a t/o or a missed shot, just take over. 

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the biggest mistake nesbitt made imo was letting penny hardaway talk him out of his senior year of high school and sitting on the bench for a semester getting absolutely nothing out of that.  it's pretty obvious penny is a horrible coach, so he learned nothing and gained zero game experience. 

in hindsight his decision to come to slu was not good either.   his mindset and skillset did not mesh with ford and forced the current situation.   not ford's fault.   at least not all of it.   both should have understood what the other wanted/expected upfront and maybe he could have found the better scenario from the onset.  

i definitely dont think it is fair to nesbitt to paint the awful picture many here are making of the happening.  he isnt anything like gordon who was ready to fight the entire roster at the end.  i havent heard a discouraging word about nesbitt and his teammates.   so that doesnt appear to be a valid comparison.   just let him move on and wish him luck.   we got enough problems assembling a complete roster right now.   let's just let nesbitt find that situation that fits him the best.  i agree with coach.   close this thread.   we arent accomplishing anything here.

36 minutes ago, bauman said:

If three schools in 3 years doesn't scream headcase then I don't know what does.  CAG 2nd act .

1) The guy had a newborn son in St. Louis. That difference alone makes the comparison irrelevant.

2) Get used to it. Since Carte'are's freshman year the Covid chaos, easing of transferring protocols, and money coming into the college game has and will continue to accelerate the frequency of transferring.

3) Just taking recent Billiken examples  - Marten Linssen, Tramaine Isabell, Miles Reynolds and Zeke Moore all played for three schools in three or four (when including sitting out) years. Jalen Johnson was with four schools in four years, but didn't play last year due to injury. It's simply not the "headcase" hallmark you think it is.

8 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Nesbitt to Hampton University.  How the mighty has fallen.  Whoever mentioned Carteare Gordon 2.0 you’re spot on

I don't think going to Hampton now is as big of a deal as it would have been 3-5 years ago. Going to HBCUs has become a lot more popular lately, as evidenced by how Deion is recruiting at Jackson St in FB.

It is a transfer down for sure, but they're in the Colonial now. It's not exactly comparable to Grambling in the true depths of D1

WAIT - I just looked on Kenpom - they're in the Big South??? I knew they moved conferences and just assumed CAA because of his photoshop. Thats a PS mess up.

Maybe it is bad? LOL

12 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Nesbitt to Hampton University.  How the mighty has fallen.  Whoever mentioned Carteare Gordon 2.0 you’re spot on

Sad to say, but that’s probably the right fit for a number of reasons.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Just wish the guy the best.  He came from a tough place and has a daughter.  I wish him the best on the court and in the classroom.

And he is so concerned about his daughter that he will leave St. Louis to go to Hampton.  Right! 

1 minute ago, bauman said:

And he is so concerned about his daughter that he will leave St. Louis to go to Hampton.  Right! 

That’s not a fair statement.  There are plenty of jobs that take you away from your family.  Doesn’t mean men that do these jobs have less concern about their children/families.

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

What you posted is just the guidelines.  Every school has to do that.  This doesn't mean that he will get any deal which is governed by those guidelines while at Hampton.  Do you have any reason to believe that he is going to get NIL deals while playing at Hampton?

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

What you posted is just the guidelines.  Every school has to do that.  This doesn't mean that he will get any deal which is governed by those guidelines while at Hampton.  Do you have any reason to believe that he is going to get NIL deals while playing at Hampton?

There are quite a few HBCU athletes getting NIL deals.  Just throwing out a possible reason for his choice

15 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

trouble understanding this ? both times. is Hampton in some situation different than the other 354 programs?

17 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

There are quite a few HBCU athletes getting NIL deals.  Just throwing out a possible reason for his choice

I'm glad to hear that.  By this I mean that I am glad that HBCU schools can get that sort of support.  I am not, in general, a fan of the system that allows it, though.