Jordan Nesbitt Theories

6 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I do not know either kid, but my feelings are so similar to when Gordon left. Talented kids, but I was not overly upset to see them go. At the same time, I really hope wherever they go it works out for them. Unfortunately with Gordon it did not. Hopefully Jordan finds a good home where he can reach his potential. In his one season here he may not have been everything we wanted him to be, but he did have some rather exciting moments.

I hope Nesbitt can find his true potential somewhere. I have faith that he will end up down a better path than Gordon. After all, he's already played more basketball in 1.5 years than Gordon did in 4.

rgbilliken likes this

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Lindenwood would be a good fit?  They will be D1 next basketball season.

He still gets to be close to home and he can be a star on what will probably be a pretty bad team. 

I think Nesbitt could dominate the OVC.

He can put up numbers and bring excitement to a new program.

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I definitely think the cheerleader debacle had something to do with everything.

I think it was the final straw more I think about it.

6 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I definitely think the cheerleader debacle had something to do with everything.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I think it was the final straw more I think about it.

I think the whole situation was blown out of proportion but I knew SLU would have to do something about it. Would be very unlike them not to. 

9 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I think the whole situation was blown out of proportion but I knew SLU would have to do something about it. Would be very unlike them not to. 

Right, I don’t think the incident was the reason, I think it may have been the last of it 

31 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I wonder if Lindenwood would be a good fit?  They will be D1 next basketball season.

He still gets to be close to home and he can be a star on what will probably be a pretty bad team. 

I bet Mizzou would bring him in. They have six people on scholarship.

Just now, AnkielBreakers said:

I bet Mizzou would bring him in. They have six people on scholarship.

Mizzou  needs players to field a team for next season.. Nesbitt has to sit out - as of now 

@RamJAMTIME:  When you set up in the lane on free throws, the two lower guys have their responsibilities right next to them.  Box out and rebound.  The two guys nearest the free throw shooter, usually identify which one of them has the shooter.  We always used to say "shooter" of "I got shooter" when lining up so the other guy knew he was free to essentially chase the ball should it bounce awry.  I believe in that instance, Jimerson directly spoke to Nesbitt about him having the shooter, especially after Lofton's first miss.  I don't recall Collins being on the lane but in any case, Jimerson notified Nesbitt.  This is common practice --- you don't really need two guys to get the hdsooter if it all works as it should.  It did not and we were lucky.  In Lofton missing not only both free throws, but also the simple putback.

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

UI was hot after him during his initial recruitment. Wonder if they’d take another shot? I hope he finds a happy home and realizes his dreams. Travis has to be a little more discerning when it comes to the highly rated guys who have big egos. 

What are the odds that he transfers to St. Bonaventure?

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

UI was hot after him during his initial recruitment. Wonder if they’d take another shot? I hope he finds a happy home and realizes his dreams. Travis has to be a little more discerning when it comes to the highly rated guys who have big egos. 

🎯

Now Nesbitt has announced he is transferring.  Best wishes and good luck to the kid.  He's really got natural, God-given talent.  I hope he succeeds, just never against us should that happen.

Looks like someone got to him and said the NBA won't be calling you amongst it's 60 or so names so it's either overseas or the G League.  And I doubt the G League for now.  Again, a transfer requires adequate progress towards a degree and now a waiver for his third school in little over a year.  Most of our transfers (hell, all of our transfers) seem to transfer down and not up.  I could see this one transferring up.  Didn't Bruce Pearl talk to him after our Auburn game?  That run-and-gun offense might work for him.  We shall see.

LSU needs a whole team. I could see Pearl making a move on him. There was that rumor going around about he and JNez having a talk after our game. I think he might move up a notch IF he thinks he will play 25-30 mpg. He didn’t like riding the pine at Messphis. 

50 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Same conference as J Morant

5 hours ago, CBFan said:

Yes you can and the answer is I am not dinging anyone, your word choice.

The context of my post was a possible state of mind with Jordan and I used 3 events in one game near the end of the season in around a 5 minute time period.

The thread is about theories of what led to Jordan probably not coming back and my feeling is Jordan just not a happy person right now and it effects his play.

I wish Jordan the best I really like him but at the same time I have empathy for him.

Sorry CBFan, didn't mean anything personally. As I recall at the time it seemed most posters said Jordan missed an assignment but Yuri was cleared. I didn't understand why since neither guy had to block out another player on the FT,  but I think it was Taj who provided an explanation later in this thread.

Having said that,  I don't think Yuri was going hard after the rebound either. 😀

Thanks for the responses, best of luck to Nesbitt.

CBFan likes this

9 minutes ago, RamJAMTIME said:

Sorry CBFan, didn't mean anything personally. As I recall at the time it seemed most posters said Jordan missed an assignment but Yuri was cleared. I didn't understand why since neither guy had to block out another player on the FT,  but I think it was Taj who provided an explanation later in this thread.

Having said that,  I don't think Yuri was going hard after the rebound either. 😀

Thanks for the responses, best of luck to Nesbitt.

I posted after the game that I thought Jordan was traumatized after committing the foul and was not thinking clearly when he did not block out.

I believe his offensive production decreased as the season went on and I thought Jordan was feeling the pressure.

I hope he does good in school and gets on a team that can prep Jordan to go pro.

Old guy and RamJAMTIME like this

While I'm not a big Pickett fan, if that happens then we will be like the Cardinals in the Broglio/Brock trade.  We wsill get a year out of JP while Nezz sdits out a year before leaving Spumac for what he views as an upgrade.  Declaring for the NBA draft eval process makes it clerer he has no grip on reality.  What a disappointment he is, and will be, at his next stop.  Is he using CAG's advisors?

25 minutes ago, bauman said:

While I'm not a big Pickett fan, if that happens then we will be like the Cardinals in the Broglio/Brock trade.  We wsill get a year out of JP while Nezz sdits out a year before leaving Spumac for what he views as an upgrade.  Declaring for the NBA draft eval process makes it clerer he has no grip on reality.  What a disappointment he is, and will be, at his next stop.  Is he using CAG's advisors?

I’m with you, Bauman,  I see a Gordon and Bleidshied (?) situation developing here. Both highly rated and recruited guys who finished up in the backwoods of college hoops.