Welcome, Javon Pickett!

22 minutes ago, ACE said:

Thanks for checking in. Okoro has actually won two NCAA Tourney games - when is the last time Mizzou even won a Tourney game?  I don't know, seems like it's been a long time, but I suspect you will crawl back under your rock and not answer the question.

I think it's quite telling that the guy who led your team in minutes played is jumping off that sinking ship to come here to take on a lesser role.

It will be interesting what role Javon will play.

Javon can play himself into a starting role.  The givens are Okoro, Collins, Jimerson, and Perkins so may the best player win between Thatch, Pickett, Parker.

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Javon can play himself into a starting role.  The givens are Okoro, Collins, Jimerson, and Perkins so may the best player win between Thatch, Pickett, Parker.

Perkins might not be a given for a full "starting role" until sometime after the season has started.

8 minutes ago, Compton said:

Perkins might not be a given for a full "starting role" until sometime after the season has started.

Fair enough but my thinking with my post is that he did not come back to play behind anyone.  Less minutes but starting.

Perkins has said he will be 100 percent ready before the season, enough said.

slufanskip likes this

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I’d be more focused on rotation minutes than starters.  

Young Charles likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I’d be more focused on rotation minutes than starters.  

I understand your feelings about the term starters.

My feeling is Perkins will be announced as the starting 5 for every game though I have no idea how many minutes he will get.  That will depend if his knee is 100 percent ready and his stamina.

I have a short attention span I really needed Conner Turnbull to announce today.

11 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I understand your feelings about the term starters.

My feeling is Perkins will be announced as the starting 5 for every game though I have no idea how many minutes he will get.  That will depend if his knee is 100 percent ready and his stamina.

I have a short attention span I really needed Conner Turnbull to announce today.

Hopefully I have bad info, but Turnbull reportedly is visiting Butler on Friday.  His primary recruiting contact, David Ragland, has been retained by the Bulldogs.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

52 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Hopefully I have bad info, but Turnbull reportedly is visiting Butler on Friday.  His primary recruiting contact, David Ragland, has been retained by the Bulldogs.

This is a non troll way to spread bad news... It can be done...

cgeldmacher likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I trust what you post so I will have to hope that a good chance of playing a lot of minutes on a good team in front of his parents will convince Turnbull to play for SLU.

Matta is a good coach and will get Butler dancing eventually.

Thank you for the update 

Javon with Frank C.

Pickett roomed with Brook Ford at Missouri.

Once he put his name in the portal.  Three days later he started hearing from schools.  Turned some down immediately.  Considered TCU,  Arkansas and SLU.  Had lunch with Javonte and Fred.  At dinner Yuri and Fred were there.  He really hadn't spent time with Yuri.  Liked what they had to say about the program.  This will be his first time to play with a PG that can pass and score.

Why his success in the SEC conference play.  "Finally bought into what Coach Martin was telling him.  I didn't shoot the ball that well this year, but I can shoot it better."  His success is attacking the rim and not settling for a jump shot.  "I like to finish through contact in the paint."  Heartbroken when Martin was released. 

Bro Jordan Pickett is a Junior on the East Side.  "It will be good to watch him and to help him."

He watched a little Billiken ball. "Likes Francis as he is dominate.  Jimerson can shoot very well and do more than that. Fred is aggressive around the basket and Hargrove can rebound and shoot.  We all know what Javonte and Yuri can do.  Good opportunity to make a run."

Javon has 3 weeks left at Mizzou and will be graduating.  Move into SLU end of May and start working early June.

Frank:  Any flack from Mizzou Fans?  Javon "Not really.  There have been a lot of encouraging words and thanks on what I did."

Players on both Mizzou and SLU teams.  Tremaine Isabell, Julian Winfield, Kevin King, Ricky Frazier, Lamont Turner,  Ted Mimlitz....any more?

CBFan, gabriel, Pistol and 3 others like this

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Javon with Frank C.

Once he put his name in the portal.  Three days later he started hearing from schools.  Turned some down immediately.  Considered TCU,  Arkansas and SLU.  Had lunch with Javonte and Fred.  At dinner Yuri and Fred were there.  He really hadn't spent time with Yuri.  Liked what they had to say about the program.  This will be his first time to play with a PG that can pass and score.

Why his success in the SEC conference play.  "Finally bought into what Coach Martin was telling him.  I didn't shoot the ball that well this year, but I can shoot it better."  His success is attacking the rim and not settling for a jump shot.  "I like to finish through contact in the paint."  Heartbroken when Martin was released. 

Bro Jordan Pickett is a Junior on the East Side.  "It will be good to watch him and to help him."

He watched a little Billiken ball. "Likes Francis as he is dominate.  Jimerson can shoot very well and do more than that." Fred is aggressive around the basket and Hargrove can rebound and shoot.  We all know what Javonte and Yuri can do.  Good opportunity to make a run."

Javon has 3 weeks left at Mizzou and will be graduating.  Move into SLU end of May and start working early June.

Frank:  Any flack from Mizzou Fans?  Javon "Not really.  There have been a lot of encouraging words and thanks on what I did."

Players on both Mizzou and SLU teams.  Tremaine Isabell, Julian Winfield, Kevin King, Ricky Frazier, Lamont Turner,  Ted Mimlitz....any more?

Randy Pulley

17 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Javon with Frank C.

He watched a little Billiken ball. "Likes Francis as he is dominate.  Jimerson can shoot very well and do more than that." Fred is aggressive around the basket and Hargrove can rebound and shoot.  We all know what Javonte and Yuri can do.  Good opportunity to make a run."

Steve Dangos

3 hours ago, Aquinas said:

I think when people say starters they generally mean a player is among the top 5 in min per game.

Exactly. Thank you. Most times starters take the most minutes.