Welcome, Javon Pickett!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I think this commitment also creates some questions for Hargrove’s minutes.  If you think of the “wing”-types on our roster (Gibby, JP, Fred, Sincere, TJ, now Pickett), I think it is clear that TJ is the 5th in that pecking order.

I want to argue with you, but...

I've always cheered for TJ so I hope he can figure something out - or stick around another year to move to third in that order. 

5 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I think this commitment also creates some questions for Hargrove’s minutes.  If you think of the “wing”-types on our roster (Gibby, JP, Fred, Sincere, TJ, now Pickett), I think it is clear that TJ is the 5th in that pecking order.

This could also be seen as insurance aginst the other JP's rehab not going well or someone to play heavier minutes early while Javonte plays his way back.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I’m pumped about this one.

With all the other scoring options I think he will really be able to excel! 
I expect big things from him! 

I can't wait to see him and Thatch playing side by side in defensive rotations and suffocating all the life out of an opponent

Young Charles and KMR10 like this

28 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

No. 

Isn't Sincere Parker the combo guard? Could run the point when Yuri is out. How well does he handle the ball? Can't imagine leaving a Juco All-American who averaged 15.6 PPG on the bench too long.

4 minutes ago, shempie said:

Is that his younger brother that plays for BBE and Belleville East? Is he a recruiting target?

His younger brother is pretty small.  So I’m not sure what type of college offers he is getting/planning to get. 

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

Isn't Sincere Parker the combo guard? Could run the point when Yuri is out. How well does he handle the ball? Can't imagine leaving a Juco All-American who averaged 15.6 PPG on the bench too long.

From the games I watched (in-person and online) I didn't see backup PG material out of Sincere. I saw extremely talented wing player. 

billikenbill likes this

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Great addition to the squad. 

Perhaps I’m crazy but i’m less concerned with who gets to stand on the court when the ball is thrown into the air and more concerned with finishing top 4 in the A10 this upcoming season. 

You and I are in the vast minority.  Don't care who starts.  I care who gets the minutes and who closes tight games.

And I wasn't in the room, of course, but I doubt Coach Ford promised Pickett that he would get 30+ mpg, as he got at Mizzou.  Perhaps winning is more important to Pickett than starting and getting heavy minutes?

26 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Good to see a guy succeed at a lower level school and move up for his last year. 

LOL - Well played!!