2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit to being a TJ fan. Think he brings energy to the game. Can’t understand why he is subbed out at the 5 minute mark even if he is playing well and scoring. Pickett may be hurt so why play him? I understand TJ can’t be a secondary ball handler but our recent use of Pickett and Perkins is puzzling to me. Not sure how the rotation could have worked but I might have tried TJ on Baldwin , obviously Yuri and Jimmerson couldn’t stop him. 

-I am all for Academic Achievement Night and recognizing the student/athletes and cheer/dance for their performance in the classroom

-HOWEVER, if we're going to do it can we require, yes require, our PA announcer to become familiar with the names they will be announcing prior to them butchering so many? what a continuous embarassment Gus is but I put some of the blame for last night on whoever from the ADept runs this event

-we do too many things in a second class, or worse, way

Bills71 and JMM28 like this

25 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Too bad that because of foul trouble he’s not on the floor enough to turn that 68% into about 15 ppg.

this is more Ford than Okoro. In the 11 games foul troubles look like this:

5 fouls - 2

4 fouls - 4

3 fouls - 4

2 fouls - 0

1 foul - 1 

21 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I am all for Academic Achievement Night and recognizing the student/athletes and cheer/dance for their performance in the classroom

-HOWEVER, if we're going to do it can we require, yes require, our PA announcer to become familiar with the names they will be announcing prior to them butchering so many? what a continuous embarassment Gus is but I put some of the blame for last night on whoever from the ADept runs this event

-we do too many things in a second class, or worse, way

Him stumbling over names was the height of comedy last night.

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Him stumbling over names was the height of comedy last night.

wasnt a surprise considering his long undeserved history at slu.   always was and always will be the worst.

57 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

wasnt a surprise considering his long undeserved history at slu.   always was and always will be the worst.

Brian Kelly is so much better, honestly. 

Box and Won likes this

How about playing Parker ahead of Perkins?

We are in Feb and Perkins is clearly not moving well enough to recover his previous form. He is basically a spot up 3 point shooter, who likes to play hero ball. 

Parker continues to improve. If we are going to win the A10 tournament, we need to shake things up.  

15 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

How many minutes did he play though in the games that he picked up 3,4,and 5 fouls?

Not sure, but the fact he didn't hit 5, or even in some cases 4 means he could have logged more minutes. 

13 hours ago, Aquinas said:

How about playing Parker ahead of Perkins?

We are in Feb and Perkins is clearly not moving well enough to recover his previous form. He is basically a spot up 3 point shooter, who likes to play hero ball. 

Parker continues to improve. If we are going to win the A10 tournament, we need to shake things up.  

In conf play per 40 min:

FG%     3%      PPG     

Parker       47%    49%    21

Perkins      43%    32%    10

The most shocking stat might be Parker has a +5 rebounding over Perkins.  

Parker does not just need more minutes, we need him to shoot a lot more. 

CenHudDude and brianstl like this

Since Jan 31st(4 games) We rank #198th in the nation, this would be good for #10th in the conference.  We we supposed to be T25 this year.  There are still people who do not see a problem here. 

59 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Since Jan 31st(4 games) We rank #198th in the nation, this would be good for #10th in the conference.  We we supposed to be T25 this year.  There are still people who do not see a problem here. 

I think everyone sees a problem here.  Some of us don't think blowing up the building is yet justified

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Simply can't help the Blind! The people on here that see the light know what the problem is, and hopefully decision makers at SLU also do and do something once this once hopeful season that  turned sour ends.

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

1) yes. 2) there’s still people who think he’s doing a good enough job worth staying 

Great! Show the money to Chris May. The primary reason I can think of that Ford is still here is that the school itself can’t foot the bill for a buyout. Heck, even SEC and Big 10 athletic departments get football and basketball head coach buyout money from donors, not the school’s budget. Enough big donors who want a coaching change, and are willing to pony up the cash to make it happen (and the AD and administration know that those people will come through with what they promise) is the only way it’s going to happen.  But all the big money donors have to agree, SLU can’t cheese off big money donors who may want him to stay.  You have to get enough of those types to agree.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

*Sees a problem, wants to do nothing about the problem* - that’s the problem. 

I don't see this as a binary solution set...........do nothing vs blow up the building.  It's really easy to scream "BLOW UP THE BUILDING!" into the wind which is what many on this board are doing.  It feels good but it's useless.  To paraphrase the bard:  Many on this board are but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.