2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I would price all tickets not in the all-inclusive area at $10 to get butts in the seats, is getting $10 better than an emply seat?

I would think so, yes lol.

Every single player on the team is averaging the same or less than last year in steals. 

last year - this year

Yuri        1.9 - 1.3

Pickett   0.9 - 0.4

Perkins  0.7 - 0.4

Gibby     0.5 - 0.5

Fred        1.1 - 1.0

THJ        0.4 - 0.4

Jake       0.3 - 0.1

Okoro     0.6 - 0.4

I wish there were other stats that measures forced TOs

On 2/1/2023 at 10:21 AM, Cowboy II said:

-I would price all tickets not in the all-inclusive area at $10 to get butts in the seats, is getting $10 better than an emply seat?

Definitely. Empty seats don’t buy concessions, souvenirs, etc. Also looks good for TV and recruiting, to have a full house.

I understand them slashing prices for tickets and actually applaud it.  Obviously it will improve the atmosphere.  But the fact that they have to do this for a Friday night, 6PM start, against one of the top 1-2 marquee opponents in the A10, is concerning to me.  Could be overthinking it, but it just shows the apathy is spreading through the fanbase.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:11 PM, wgstl said:

Every single player on the team is averaging the same or less than last year in steals. 

last year - this year

Yuri        1.9 - 1.3

Pickett   0.9 - 0.4

Perkins  0.7 - 0.4

Gibby     0.5 - 0.5

Fred        1.1 - 1.0

THJ        0.4 - 0.4

Jake       0.3 - 0.1

Okoro     0.6 - 0.4

Excellent indicator of mediocre defensive effort. Props to Fordham for showing how it’s done, they totally muzzled SLU.

-I hope the fire sale for tickets to a Friday night game against VCU isn't the sign of apathy but rather that the price for individual game tickets is just way out of whack  -  way, way out of whack imo

-a lot of tickets have been sold, I hope the ADept didn't wait too long before lowering prices and I hope they are doing something other than social media to let folks know, at least getting someone on every single sports show in town to say it and telling (begging?) every news station to include notice on their sports reports

-get there early tomorrow is my advice for the fanbase 

9 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

If Chaifetz is not sold out tomorrow night, Dr. Pestello needs to take a page from Stan Kroenke’s book and move the team to L.A. or any other city more deserving of our Billikens

We’re coming off a loss, guy. I’m a big “basher” on our fan support but there’s been much better games to bring up then tomorrow 

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We’re coming off a loss, guy. I’m a big “basher” on our fan support but there’s been much better games to bring up then tomorrow 

We have lost one game of the last seven and have a weekend game with a rival with the winner in first place.  This is not a Tuesday night game against LaSalle.  We lost the last game?  There should be no excuses for a weak crowd.

5 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

We have lost one game of the last seven and have a weekend game with a rival with the winner in first place.  This is not a Tuesday night game against LaSalle.  We lost the last game?  There should be no excuses for a weak crowd.

For the average fan, a loss unfortunately does that. That’s not a slu problem, that’s just a casual fan thing. 

BC1764 likes this

4 hours ago, wgstl said:

For the average fan, a loss unfortunately does that. That’s not a slu problem, that’s just a casual fan thing. 

The average/casual fan is 10x more likely to attend a game with a promo like this than they are to be dissuaded from attending because we lost our last game. The only people who still care about the latter are pissing and moaning on this board 

cgeldmacher likes this

10 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

Absolutely, it'll be a 100% chance of a blizzard this evening and I'm sure there'll be very few empty seats.

NextYearBill likes this

-the promotion moved some seats, on Tuesday there were at least 1,223 upper level tickets available, 5 minutes ago there were 300

-total tickets availabe were 558 so 258 in the lower level and not many of the lower levels are in the all-inclusive $200 range but most, 143 of them, in the $50 range

-the ticket website does not list the promotional price

On 2/1/2023 at 3:11 PM, wgstl said:

last year - this year

Yuri        1.9 - 1.3

Pickett   0.9 - 0.4

Perkins  0.7 - 0.4

Gibby     0.5 - 0.5

Fred        1.1 - 1.0

THJ        0.4 - 0.4

Jake       0.3 - 0.1

Okoro     0.6 - 0.4

Despite his stat also dipping,the disparity is exacerbated by the loss of Fred. He was a problem for opposing offenses. How many steals for other Bills did he create by forcing bad passes or fumbles?

He brought a physicality that Fordham was displaying on Tuesday, but we haven't been. TJ and LHJ and Parker bring other skills to the table, but not that grinding, physical, draining defensive skill set.

16 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

If Chaifetz is not sold out tomorrow night, Dr. Pestello needs to take a page from Stan Kroenke’s book and move the team to L.A. or any other city more deserving of our Billikens

SIUE and Fordham. and those loser Rams teams had plenty of losses toward the end.