Aquinas

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You are very welcome.

I get having other obligations and sh!t but if the Bills are playing, I'm there. Usually try to plan out the whole schedule ahead of time.

How many kids you got?  (that you know about)

The more you get the less time you have for anything else....

16 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

How many kids you got?  (that you know about)

The more you get the less time you have for anything else....

Like I replied to Rican and wgstl. I totally understand kids coming between someone and Billiken basketball, to me that's not you choosing something over Billikens, that's just life.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

This was me until now.  My 1.5 YO makes attending games a nightmare. 

Got one just a little younger.

Week day games are extremely difficult. I have 3 viable options.

1. Find a sitter 

2. leave the wife at home

3. watch on TV

1. Can be hard to do on a Wednesday.

2. The wife would never tell me not to go to a game but that’s something I don’t want to take advantage of. 

3. Sometimes it’s just easier especially when the alarm goes off at 5 AM. Plus when I skip a game to “help put the baby to sleep” the wife is EXTRA happy with me! 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

1. Find a sitter 

3. watch on TV

2. The wife would never tell me not to go to a game but that’s something I don’t want to take advantage of. 

3. Sometimes it’s just easier especially when the alarm goes off at 5 AM. Plus when I skip a game to “help put the baby to sleep” the wife is EXTRA happy with me! 

I carried my oldest son (without a ticket for him) to the games from age 1 until he was 5........that last year he was freaking heavy but no one taking tickets batted an eye if he was being carried....

35 minutes ago, dlarry said:

1. Find a sitter 

3. watch on TV

I told my wife I’m only having 1 child. Kids are not worth missing games for 

18 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I carried my oldest son (without a ticket for him) to the games from age 1 until he was 5........that last year he was freaking heavy but no one taking tickets batted an eye if he was being carried....

So that’s why my dad was trying to carry me in when I was 16. 

28 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

My dad did the same until I was 5 or 6, I always went to at least 1 game in person every year even though he's missed maybe 5 since '85

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

1. Find a sitter 

3. watch on TV

jeez way 2 many excuses. u need none.

fandom 2me here is all about the team winning. if I could make some deviled deal the they go sweet 16 but I have to miss it all sign me up. anyone that is a fan that attends when they can watch on tv is going the extra step, & of course buying the tickets helps support. but man, it's almost always cold, there is no close parking, even the pay garage is farther then I used to park 4 free in Grawer days & if u stay till end of game tack on another 1/2 hour & your nightmare is worse.  Also we have the best radio duo that is always missed if attending or can't sync etc. in your case ton of reasons 2 stay home, $$ for that found sitter, stay on best side of your better 1/2, food & drink for all+ souvenirs, the ones that enjoy it are us the parents, the kids like babies playing with the box instead of the toy cliche. 

19 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

When I lived in St. Louis I split season tickets with a friend.  Half the cost, half the games to attend in person.

Unfortunately, most of my St. Louis friends pledge allegiance to other universities (don't worry, none of them are Mizzou) or they are complete nightmares that spend their disposable income on sinful endeavors. The few SLU friends I have already have season tix with their families

15 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Obviously makes a difference if you’re toting those kids with you, but if not, is it difficult to buy cheap tickets and then find empty seats in the lower bowl?  

Probably wouldn't have any issues for games during the week but those are typically the games I cannot attend 

7 hours ago, DirtyRican said:

I have 3 kids, 12, 9 and 5 and sit in 108.  We try to make it to every game we can as a family and if not I will take 1 of my boys and some of their friends.  If I can't use them I usually donate them to my kids school or try to give them away.  108 is more than I would like to spend given our schedule but have been there since the Fetz opened and now can't leave.  The one disclaimer is that I was given a fairly good scholarship so I tell my wife this is how I can pay some back.  

Great idea on donating them. That's also how I envision using the seats (take kids or 1 kid and their friends). With a newborn this season, buying individual game tickets to the games I know I can make (not many) just makes the most sense. But once the youngest gets a bit older I'm buying Dr. Chaifetz's seats. He can move down towards the baseline for all I care.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:26 PM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Don’t have season tickets. Want season tickets. But with 4 kids, 3 of which are under 5, not a chance I’d make it to even half of the home games. I could buy cheap season tickets and just eat the tickets to the games I don’t attend (probably making one or two futile attempts to give them away first) but it’s still throwing money down the drain and then for the games I can attend, I’d be stuck with crappy seats. No there aren’t really Any bad seats in the house but I’d prefer to be closer to the action when attending.

Curious how many people are in the same boat I’m in. Probably not enough to make a difference in the game day atmosphere lol.

Long story long, I too would like cheaper individual game tickets. 

Perhaps if you had attended more games instead of humping all the time, you wouldn't be in this position. Just some food for thought. 

Yes good single game tickets are expensive. They should be. As soon as you start whoring out the lower bowl, baseline to baseline seats - you'll have season ticket holders say "Why should I pay $1000 a seat to go to 11 out of 16 games when I can wait until they whoore them out at $20 a piece"

It is hard to make the whoring out math make sense. $920 is the current give+ticket price for 1 ticket in the gold sections (baseline to baseline lower bowl.) That is about 50-60 a game if you figure an average of 15-16 home games a year. How can you tell the person buying 4 seats in bulk that they are paying more than some Johnny Casual Fan that walks up to 1 game a year? 

17 hours ago, willie said:

If you call the ticket office they will put together a package for you. 

Do I gotta be the a$$hole perpetuating the same schtick over and over: It's really insane that people like us MBMs don't even know that's a possibility? Feels like they should offer and promote "weeknight" packages; marquee matchup packages etc.

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Do I gotta be the a$$hole perpetuating the same schtick over and over: It's really insane that people like us MBMs don't even know that's a possibility? Feels like they should offer and promote "weeknight" packages; marquee matchup packages etc.

The high turnover in the AD in general probably explains why this doesn't happen 😅

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

Perhaps if you had attended more games instead of humping all the time, you wouldn't be in this position. Just some food for thought. 

At first I thought this was in reference to my handle but then I quickly realized you were simply acknowledging my dangerously high level of potency. Some have said the most potent in all of the Mississippi River basin. 

JMM28 likes this

23 hours ago, dlarry said:

1. Find a sitter 

3. watch on TV

I leave my wife and kids at home most nights. Have to set the expectation, all the bills games are on the calendar.