2022-2023 Season

Aquinas

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I was not able to move my game tickets to apple wallet last night.

I was able to move the UMSL tickets to the wallet and it worked.

Evan more frustrating was I was able to move my parking garage pass to last night’s game to apple wallet.

I spoke with the attendant at the gate and she said there are issues.

Finally unrelated to the electronic tickets what was up with the traffic jam that did not move on Compton heading to the parking garage.  I have never experienced that before.

I think the harris Stowe lot right across chaifetz being no more had a lot to do with a traffic. Honestly parking down there is a mess if you are elderly. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Finally unrelated to the electronic tickets what was up with the traffic jam that did not move on Compton heading to the parking garage.  I have never experienced that before.

That was odd.  It took 5-7 minutes to get from outdoor bathrooms to the garage stairs.  I never seen that even when its a sellout

Yuri's gonna average double digit assists this year ain't he? 

(If he averages 9.25/game for the rest of the season, assuming only 32 games played, he'll crack the top 25 all-time NCAA career assists leaders. If he averages 10 or more he'll be top 20 all-time and that would also be more than double the second SLU career assists leader Josh Fisher with 436.) 

TheOne likes this

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Yuri's gonna average double digit assists this year ain't he? 

(If he averages 9.25/game for the rest of the season, assuming only 32 games played, he'll crack the top 25 all-time NCAA career assists leaders. If he averages 10 or more he'll be top 20 all-time and that would also be more than double the second SLU career assists leader Josh Fisher with 436.) 

What is the highest Assists/game in a season?

24 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

From the web (good old Wikipedia):

Avery Johnson of Southern University holds the all-time NCAA Division I record for single season assists per game (apg) average (13.30), which he accomplished in 1987–88.

14 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

14 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

From the web (good old Wikipedia):

Avery Johnson of Southern University holds the all-time NCAA Division I record for single season assists per game (apg) average (13.30), which he accomplished in 1987–88.

Avery Johnson is both first and second on that list, second place being his 10.74APG from the 1986-87 season. Those were his freshman and sophomore, and only, seasons at Southern University but therein lies the answer - he played for Southern University. My grandmother could put up noteworthy stat lines against that level of competition. 

Nelson Haggerty did it for Baylor in '94-'95 with 10.14APG and most recently was Ja Morant (barely) in '18-'19 with 10.03APG. 

Nelson Haggerty is the only player to make the mark with an impressive SOS. Murray State was ranked 131 in SOS that year and his assists average is heavily weighted by performances in all the games against the weaker parts of that schedule - he didn't break 10 assists against anyone impressive that year (Nor did he ever break Yuri's 19 record). 

majerus mojo likes this

6 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Avery Johnson is both first and second on that list, second place being his 10.74APG from the 1986-87 season. Those were his freshman and sophomore, and only, seasons at Southern University but therein lies the answer - he played for Southern University. My grandmother could put up noteworthy stat lines against that level of competition. 

Nelson Haggerty did it for Baylor in '94-'95 with 10.14APG and most recently was Ja Morant (barely) in '18-'19 with 10.03APG. 

Nelson Haggerty is the only player to make the mark with an impressive SOS. Murray State was ranked 131 in SOS that year and his assists average is heavily weighted by performances in all the games against the weaker parts of that schedule - he didn't break 10 assists against anyone impressive that year (Nor did he ever break Yuri's 19 record). 

Ja had 17 games with 5+ turnovers and had about 1.9/1 assist to turnover ratio. 

Bills By 40 likes this

Nice to see our future opponent Salukis beat Oklahoma State tonight 61-60 in Clearwater. They might actually be a solid opponent this year if they can also beat UNLV at a neutral site game on 11/22.

Side note, Oklahoma State had a terrible crowd. Their stadium was mostly empty except for the very lowest courtside sections comprised of 4-5 rows.

bauman likes this

16 minutes ago, Compton said:

Nice to see our future opponent Salukis beat Oklahoma State tonight 61-60 in Clearwater. They might actually be a solid opponent this year if they can also beat UNLV at a neutral site game on 11/22.

Side note, Oklahoma State had a terrible crowd. Their stadium was mostly empty except for the very lowest courtside sections comprised of 4-5 rows.

That's a big win for them....They have a good chance to run the table between now and when they play us. If they do they will be a quality opponent and it will be a big game in the Lou.

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

That's a big win for them....They have a good chance to run the table between now and when they play us. If they do they will be a quality opponent and it will be a big game in the Lou.

The Methdale folks are likely to be at Chaifetz in full force if SIU-C is undefeated coming into that game.  Billiken fans are going to have to show out.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

The Methdale folks are likely to be at Chaifetz in full force if SIU-C is undefeated coming into that game.  Billiken fans are going to have to show out.

Which brings up the point, if methdale fans (and I don't care if they are your father and mother) PLEASE  tell them hell no you won't give/sell them your tickets. 

It irks me to no end to see the opposition seated in great seats in our house.  Let em go online and overpay for those top row seats.   

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest game for the remainder of the non-conference schedule will be the Iona game. 

Of course if we pull it out a win against Auburn all will be good, but we'll be the underdog. A couple of home games that could be tricky if we are not on our game - Boise St. and Drake. Not easy games, but if we are an at-large caliber team, we can't stumble there.

So that brings me back to the Iona game. On the road against Pitino - it was a very tough game last year and it will be again. That is a huge game.

Getting out of the non-conference schedule with just two losses would be huge for our at-large chances. Three losses is not a deal breaker, but it certainly leaves less margin for error during conference play. 

CBFan and 2010andBeyond like this

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think the biggest game for the remainder of the non-conference schedule will be the Iona game. 

Of course if we pull it out a win against Auburn all will be good, but we'll be the underdog. A couple of home games that could be tricky if we are not on our game - Boise St. and Drake. Not easy games, but if we are an at-large caliber team, we can't stumble there.

So that brings me back to the Iona game. On the road against Pitino - it was a very tough game last year and it will be again. That is a huge game.

Getting out of the non-conference schedule with just two losses would be huge for our at-large chances. Three losses is not a deal breaker, but it certainly leaves less margin for error during conference play. 

That is a good point. However, I do think this tough non-conference will really help us this year for conference play. We won’t be surprised an increase in tough games. I also just think we will get better and better as Perkins and Parker develop. Not to mention that, at some point, Ford will realize he needs to play Thatch more. I would not write us out of an at large bid until mid conference.

35 minutes ago, ACE said:

Iona was ranked as the pre-season favorite to win the MAAC, but maybe isn't quite on the same level as last year's team considering their five-point loss at Hofstra.

Boise St. has back-to-back wins against Loyola-Chi (by 22) and Colorado (who beat Tenn and Texas A&M) after losses to South Dakota St and Charlotte Boise State

Drake looks good, but hasn't been test yet (Wyoming, Buffalo and Wofford don't look like tournament teams).

33 minutes ago, ACE said:

Don't be negative about Auburn. I know their ranking is way higher than ours, and their stats so far are significantly better than ours. So what, ranking and stats do not win games, preparation for the game and the players doing their thing is what wins games. Maryland had much worse stats than we had coming into that game and they blew us up. We can do it to Auburn too, we came close last year. Is this likely to happen? No it is not. Is it possible we will win? Yes it is.

Forget  about Pitino and Iona, thinking too far ahead and discarding a game not yet played as a likely loss is a way to insure this game will be lost. Let's blast Auburn by going on full offensive from the start and keeping it until the end.

43 minutes ago, ACE said:

Can I put myself on ignore for certain posters so they can't read and/or respond to my posts? Just asking for a friend. Haha!

I don’t know about that. But I agree we have a lot of tough games after Auburn. I think we can beat the War Eagles, but it will be tough at their place. After Auburn we still have some good teams laying in wait. All are scary as they likely will see us a big target, so says Captain Obvious. 

Ace, you cannot make it so that I cannot read your posts, I have to put you on ignore. Too bad, I still consider you a decent poster. You can think anything you wish about me and place me on ignore if you wish to do so. That way, you will not read what I post about you and will be able to rest in peace. So, please do so, it will make you feel better.